Dr. Angela Sturm O'Brien - Fantastic Facial Plastic Surgeon - Houston, TX

Look to the ears, ladies...and gentlemen! I read...

Look to the ears, ladies...and gentlemen!

I read somewhere to judge the skills of a facial plastic surgeon by how your ears look after surgery. My incisions were virtually undetectable after surgery and by 2 weeks out I could wear a ponytail. No one in my family knows that I had the facelift...just that I look relaxed and refreshed.

I've lost quite a bit of weight in the past few years, so people think my face shrunk from that, but I was very aware of my turkey neck and wore my hair forward to cover it. Three weeks after the surgery, I met with people I knew, and no one notices.

As a patient who has worked in a hospital setting, I really wanted a surgeon who had an ENT background. Dr. Sturm O'Brien had that, plus she completed an extra year of specialized facial plastic surgery training. I was traveling to Houston for body contouring surgery and researched different facial plastic surgeons in the area.

I wanted someone who would be with me over the years if I decided to go back in 10-15 years. I kept returning back to Dr. Sturm O'Brien. She was young, highly intelligent, skilled and there was something about her that I trusted. I'm a very good judge of character, and after meeting her, was confident in my decision to move forward. Also, professionals that I interacted with...other surgeons, nurses and ophthalmologists...had only positive things to say about her.

After consultation with her, I made the decision to go forward with a complete facelift, endoscopic brow lift and lower bleph. Each person's consult is individualized...that's why I didn't put pricing info up above...it would also depend on the number of OR hours you would need plus anesthesiologist hours.

I am adding some photos, but I'm a private person; I hope they help others. All of the photos are right after a shower (some soap suds if you look carefully) and with no makeup. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I also must add that the staff was great, especially Lisa, the nurse I saw most often and Linda, the fantastic patient coordinator.
I just clicked through all your photos. You're incisions do look amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Were there any supplies you found especially helpful as you recovered?

Things that were helpful...

To reduce swelling after the surgery, I slept for the first 2 weeks in a recliner, to keep my head elevated. I made sure to eat very low sodium, high quality foods, with a bit more protein for healing. One other thing that I think was helpful is that I drank a lot of water with either fresh lime or lemon juice.

I did initially have more swelling on my left side, but that dissipated after the first week. I had very little bruising and I think that Dr. Sturm O'Brien has a gentle touch; for sure during followup appointments, of which there were many the first 2 weeks.
Hi, How much did it cost you? Thank you.
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks for me! My incisions are not noticeable either! I am still sleeping in the recliner and as you low sodium food, protein and lots of water with fresh lemons, seems that we went to the same Doctor LOL! I had endoscopy brow lift too, can you please tell me if your forehead was still numb at 2 weeks? Congratulations, your incisions look great!
Hi there, I'm glad things are going well for you! I didn't have the forehead numbness at 2 weeks, but I am now just over 3 months post op and I can feel slight numbness in front of my ears down to the back of my jaw. I don't usually notice it unless I'm thinking about it...if that makes sense :) Yes, the recliner was my best friend. I read your story. It's amazing that they fit the chin implant in that small cut. I hope your husband is now feeling better. Take care!
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon