Dr Horndeski Explant and Breast Lift -Houston, TX

I am 39 5'8" with silicone implants above muscle....

I am 39 5'8" with silicone implants above muscle. I had them done last year in june. I used to be 36b-c cup depending on my weight and i was actually looking for a to lift my breasts rather than augmentation but i bought into the idea that implants lift your breasts. My breasts were not completely sagged but after 2 pregnancies and breast feeding i lost volume. I wasnt happy with my breasts after surgery they were hughe i went to 36 dd-ddd. I used to be very athletic, I love to run and of course even with heavy duty support bras i couldnt run like before this made me gain almost 20 pound after surgery which made me feel even more depressed. I am so self counscious of my breasts now thing that i never experienced before even with my saggy breasts. Ive been doing my research 3 months ago and finally i decided to do something about it. My husband doesnt support me. He didnt wanted me to do it in the first place back on june and now he is more hesitant. He even told me one time if you do it i am leaving. I feel bad because is true I shouldnt have done it in the first place, or i should have done the breast lift instead the BA. But should is a word that it really doesn't help right now. Especially when i am depressed and so tired of these implants. I have 325cc on the right side and 375cc on the left side. I already paid the fee to separate the surgery day (March 12, 2013) with Dr Horndeski. I live in Houston so is very convenient for mee cause he is 40 min away from where i live. I am so nervous.....especially cause i havent seen so much pictures post op. I am gonna have the Ultimate mini breast lift, he said he will not do the vertical incisions. I have heard so many things about him in real self but no too many pictures. I made my final decision when i saw the pictures of living dreams posted, she looks great and my breasts kind of look like hers before the surgery.

Ok i already had my surgery yesterday. Everythign ...

Ok i already had my surgery yesterday. Everythign was oook, My breasts look perkier and like 36 C. The surgery is painful, iam takikng 2 hydrocodones and one flexiril. I am posting new pics tell me girls hoe they look like

I am at 2 weeks and 4 days post breast lift and i...

I am at 2 weeks and 4 days post breast lift and i am feeling great, my incisions are healing well under the steri strips, no pain, no infection, from time to time i feel my breasts kind of hard but it goes away. I am a nurse and is impossible to not lift, push or pull patients but i always ask for help. Other than that i feel really good, I even went and exercise a little bit nothing too hard just walking fast in the treadmill and some exercises for my legs and i felt great. I cant wait to start running and lifting weights again!!! my breast look smaller than in the picture i am a 36 c again, i dont regret takaing the implants and feel my breasts soft again.

I added new pictures for those of you were waiting...

I added new pictures for those of you were waiting an update of my surgery. I feel great, I did lost sensation on both my nipples not completely but that was expected. I still have pleading on my incisions but has been improving as you can compare with the past pictures. The white steri strips staued there for almost 4 weeks!!!! But it is important to leave them there as long as you can it helps with the incisions appearance to be more flat and even...good luck to those who going to have surgery soon!

4 months post explant and lift

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I just came across your story, your results are amazing. I'm glad you are doing so well. I'm getting mind out 7/19. Won't need a lift or anything, haven't had them in long, only 4 months. Hated them immediately. Now I'm just mad I spent so much time and money on this entire process. How is your husband adjusting to the new/old you?
Did you explant with the lift? I'm seriously considering just explanting and getting a lift rather than downsizing with a lift. I have 365 overs and I'm 36 D and HATE THEM! You look great.
I mean 265 overs
Hi i did te explant cause i didnt want the implants anymore, they were too big on me and i was looking for a lift not an augmentationd since the beginning. I was happy with my size before 36c which is the one i have now just with the lift and explant...good luck!
How are you doing !??? I would love an update as I am following Dr Horndeski's patients - getting close to scheduling a mini breast lift . Thank you !
Im doing great healed pretty well around my nipples the scars are minimal very happy with the size and overall results
Ladies, so much I still have to ask the doctor! Did your husbands/ boyfriends or friends ever forget and hug you too hard? I'll be visiting friends 10 days post op and am a little nervous. I really didn't want to have to explain but I may have to....
I have 5 children and that didn't cause a problem for me. I told them I had surgery and to be careful but didn't explain to the younger ones what kind of surgery and they never asked. It's really only the first week that there is enough pain for it to matter much and you won't be out of bed during that time if you take the pain meds. They make you very loopy and sleepy. You shouldn't have any issues
Hi Alex! It's great to get your advice from the perspective of both a patient and a nurse! Does Dr. H advise leaving the steri strips for as long as you can, provided there's no irritation? I go in for my mini on the 21st! So I'm paying close attention to all your advice! Thanks again!!
i went in a few days before my two weeks and he said to take the steri strips off at two weeks and come and see him two weeks after that so I assume two weeks is always when he would have you remove them. At least that is what happened with me.
Leave the strips the time the doctor tells you to do it, I left mine longer but because I didn't see any kind of infection, irritation or anything good luck!
Hi Edith93, I'm on day 8 post operative and I have just removed the steri strips myself because they were itching and I figured out that irritation would be worse. The scars are healing nicely and there is no inflamation or bleeding. I have an appointment with the nurse to remove them on Friday so I will just let her check them anyway. I checked out 3M's advice on steri strips. The advice is one to two weeks and then they can be replaced by new ones if necessary.
Thanks PrettyPleased!! I appreciate all I'm learning from your experience and blog too! Honestly, if I wasn't hearing these good things from real women who are patients I'd feel a lot more nervous!
Thanks Alex274! That's probably best for me since I probably wouldn't even be able to recognize an infection, as I don't have your training. You look fantastic at 7 weeks out!! Makes me so hopeful for my own results!! :)
Thanks Lima girl! Wow, eights days out! Rest well and continued speedy healing to you! Thanks for sharing what you learned through their website! Very appreciated!
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I cannot believe your explant and lift results. You look absolutely amazing, and I can't believe Horndeski only did periareolar incisions. Thanks for posting more pictures! This does help me firm up my decision to NOT do a lift in the near future (I explanted in March) because I am understanding from looking at your pics that a woman's individual breast VOLUME has as much to do with a good lift result as the skill of the surgeon does. I just don't have the volume of tissue to lift to make it worth another surgery for me. But OMG and yowzers do you look fantastic, just beautiful.
You might be surprised how much tissue you actually have. You would only know after a consultation with Dr. Horndeski since no other surgeons do this procedure I don't think they could tell you. I was shocked after taking out my much larger implants how much tissue I had.
My story is so close to yours but I have waited two years, and my husband is PISSED that I am spending another 10K to have these horrible huge things removed and another lift done, but I have to! I can't stand this anymore! Thank you for your story it really helps!
Implants are not lifetime devices!! So they need to come out sooner or later. Does he know? I hope he comes to terms with your decision. Good luck x
My husband wass like that too very hesitant abt the surgery not because of fear but because the expense but I did it anyway because is my body and yes I did a mistake putting the implants in the first place but I work hard too
Hi Alex, Glad to hear you are happy with your operation. I have incisions under my breasts and on Friday, 10 days after my operation I am having the steri strips removed. Now I am wondering wether the nurse will put new ones? or is it better to keep the original ones on and just let her check that everything is ok. I found your review very interesting. Thanks!
Looking good...
I hope my results with Dr H are as good as yours!
Your breasts LOOK AMAZING!! I am so excited to get mine done! Please keep us in the loop with updated photos as they heal!!
Do you have an inacision in your breast crease as well as the nipple areola complex?