26 No Kids and I'm Soooo Excited for the New Me! - Houston, TX

So far I'm 194...I was 215 so I've came a long...

So far I'm 194...I was 215 so I've came a long way! I'm trying to get to 170 by April 15th which is my surgery date! I have no kids and I'm 26 years old...my fiancé is very supportive if me. I could if went to ant doctor in the word but decided to go with Cortes. His results are amazing and I can't wait. I will keep you guys updated on my weight loss and experience with Cortes and staff.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cortes office staff does need customer service training. I called for a follow-up consultation three days ago; and all I remember from the receptionist stressing to me was ...1. The procedure is over $10,000 and 2. He is booked all of July...sorry. Since I am onlynoff 3 weeks of the year, which is in July; I asked if I could be called or put on a list if someone cancelled. She did say yes; however did not take my name or make me feel confident that she even cared or would even put me on a list.mI am ready and I am now going to another doctor who wants my money and cares. Sometimes your business can get too big and many forget how they became so popular. Dr. Cortes, your office needs a more supportive and caring office staff and receptionist.
Dear patients: I want to thank you for being part of my practice. First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you might have had, if at any given time, you have not been able to communicate by phone with my office. Our practice has undergone an unprecedented growth. For this reason, we have implemented a new text system where you can communicate during business hours to one of our live operators. The number to text any concern or question is 936-760-2696. I hope to serve you in the nearby future to satisfy your desired cosmetic needs. These include the hourglass tummy tuck, the wonder breast lift, the wonder breast reduction, and buttock augmentation with high volume fat transfer, among other techniques that I have invented. Thank you for being part of my practice and God bless you all. Truly yours, Wilberto Cortés Plastic Surgeon
I'm actually holding up to my end of the bargain....weight loss coming along great! I weigh 189 and will like to hit 175 by April 15th...I was told I should stay where I am far as weight by Lucy....for some odd reason I think dr cortes doesn't look at pictures and she just give you her own opinion. I really hope that's not the case LBVS! I'm just hoping for a better body! A half top is preferable
I wondered the same thing
Got to say Im starting to have doubts about choosing Dr Cortes clinic for my surgery. He may be a fantastic surgeon, but dealing with his office is worst than having teeth pulled. Without anaesthetic!!! If Dr Cortes's staff are this 'attentive', and I do use the word loosely, BEFORE I pay my fees in full - I shudder to think how they will respond after they have my money. While I understand and appreciate how very difficult it is to make a busy medical practice run smoothly (I work in one), providing quality patient care should be paramount. Communication over the phone and by email is just as important as the face-to-face communication. Especially for patients like myself, who are from out of town. We are nervous enough as it is about having surgery, about spending allot of money on cosmetic procedures (my surgery is costing over 15K), and about choosing the 'right' surgeon. From first contact through to recovery, patients should feel comfortable about their interaction with the clinic, and so far my experience has been less than positive.
My feelings Exactly. I am more than confident in dr cortes skill. BUT it is difficult to get a response to an email or phone call which is definitely disheartening. When you are already nervous about such a major surgery it would be nice to not go months with unanswered questions. At the same time this is the person responsible for your LIFE. So you definitely don't want to keep calling or emailing over and over. I know he recently implemented a text thing so hopefully that will work out.
@london girl, please start a personal page so we can follow
I've never had a problem with getting through! I might not get my questions answered ASAP but I do get them answered even if I have to make a second call. Wow 15k is a lot of money what are you getting?
Im getting a BBL and breast lift/implants. I really would like to get back a little of what I had before having children. :-)
In the same boat. On this weight loss journey so I can be closer to 165-175 for preop. I'm trying to get my date moved up to April from May. We may run into one another
Welcome and congrats