Breast Reduction - Savannah, GA

Pros.. less back pain immediately! Cons.....

Pros.. less back pain immediately!
Cons.. Bruising, pain, not being able to squeeze my adorable 4 year old son.

I had the surgery because of the significant back pain, the shoulder and neck cramps, headaches, bruising on shoulders, strap indentations, the inability to wear low cut shirts without having people stare, not being able to sleep in certain positions.

During my first consultation, the doctor took measurements and the nurse took pictures. He explained the risks of the surgery and what I could expect from the healing process. I have called him after hours two times, (one because of bleeding and the other because of all over body itch) and he has responded promptly.

His staff is wonderful as well. The RN even gave me her cell phone number in case I had any questions the night before the surgery. The anesthesiologist also called the night before the surgery to give me instructions.

Swelling is going down. Pain is more manageable....

Swelling is going down. Pain is more manageable. :) 8/29/2011

Called the nurse today because my right breast is...

Called the nurse today because my right breast is "swollen" compared to the left. It feels as if there is an implant in there moving around. The nurse said it was normal and that they would heal and different rates.

**I have noticed that the triangle on the underneath of the right side is large enough to fit my finger in there!! (The left side is completely closed.. I just noticed this and will be calling them back in the morning.***

Other than that I am doing great.. The nerves have started waking up though and I've switched to ibuprofen for pain and inflammation. The shape is looking good.

The size? Not sure yet since I still have some swelling.

Just got home from the ER.. I have cellulitis in...

Just got home from the ER.. I have cellulitis in the "triangle" incision area on the right breast. I was given IV antibiotics and sent me home with 2 oral antibiotics and some pain meds. I'll need to f/up with the PS on Tuesday.

I am actually relieved that the ER doctor said it was infected and put me on antibiotics so that this swelling and tenderness will start to go. It is disappointing when you know that there is something wrong and the doctor wants you to wait it out and see what happens!!

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Paletta has excellent bedside manner. Alicia, Dr. Paletta's scheduler did an excellent job in getting me on the surgery schedule within 2 weeks of me deciding that I did want to have the surgery.

Hey, enjoy your coffee! that sounds sooo yummy! I'm glad about it too! I can now wear cute shirts without the button popping!!! lol take care!
Hi girl, My surgery was Sept 6th, I wasn't the biggest girl a 44 DD but still had big problems with my neck, shoulders, and back. It was something I wanted to do since Jr High, I was the biggest busted girl from 8th-12th grade, so it was always an issue in my life..... But there we're times when the breast seperation was really getting to me that I would cry on my husbands shoulder that I wish I would have left alone what God gave me, Now that things are better and I can see the healing as slow as it is, I'm very happy I did it. I don't think at times I was mentally prepared for it. Well I'm off to get my 1st Dunkin Donut pumpkin coffee of the season, and watching The Bridesmaids this afternoon with my sister-in-law. Will talk soon xoxo
Hi Catlover,I know what you mean about bed side manners. I don't think all doctors are like that, but I have experienced that as well. My doctor that performed my breast reduction was really good and willing to ask any question, but he is in to take pictures and out. He is also willing to fix my little dogs ears on the side which I'm happy about, its not too bad but I would like to get it fixed. I never put the tape around my nipples and incisions whn i first got the suregery because it made my skin peel!! i was soooo upset. It has healed really good I should put some pics on my page. the page i have only is about my bbl that i received after my breast reduction. i had HUGE breast! lol my doctor for the bbl and vaser lipo did not do a good job and im in the process of trying to get some of my money back, but that a whole different story and his bed side manners are horrible and he is in the room for about a minute or two...so trust me i understand. You will be healed soon! how long ago was your procedure?
oh no catlover! that sounds really scary!!! what did your doctor say about that?! my doctor provided me with a bra after my surgery, which was really nice and that is the one a where. they also have websites were you can order bras for breast reductions. just try to keep your wound as clean as possible and please have the doctor look at it. i think that i would have freaked out and yelled at the doctor if that was me! i hope you heal soon and i will pray for you sweetie!
i mean the one a wear (bra) lol.
Hey girl2, I think my Doctor was the only one I've heard of that didn't provide any patents with a bra :( My Doctor said seperations can happen anytime, and it will heal on it's own, I did alot of research on it and it's when your skin get's so swollen it seperates at the incision site, It does look like it is healing slow but sure. And I definitly keep in clean and air dry it a couple times a day, but it feels strange without a bra on even for a short period of time. I trust my Doctor that he knows what he's talking about but his bed side manner leaves alot to be desired, he's so quick to get me in and out at all my follow-ups, I don't like that to much..... Good luck with your healing and for you well wishes xo
Yes it was wound seperation under my left breast, it started out the size of a nickel, and got as big as a golfball, it was red, raw and gross. Looks like it's starting to heal up but VERY slowly. This has been so depressing dealing with this ! I have found that it's been more difficult find a bra now that I'm smaller then it was when I was big..... I had to purchase my own bra after my surgery and that was next to impossible to find a cotton, fronthook and no underwire bra. I did find 2 of the same style bra's but there more like a training bra's,and there very comfy but I would like a bra with cups in them. I'm still quite swollen so I'm not buying anything until the swelling goes away, whenever that may be.... Thanks for the chat and goodluck with your bra hunting :)
hi catlover, what do you mean seperation? is your wound open at the bottom of your breast? i think that can happen, i had a small little hole that opened at the bottom of the right breast and it was leaking...i think dead fat or something like that for a little while and then it closed. i got my feeling back in about a week, but everyone is different. im sure you will get it back soon. i was surprised how soon the feeling came back. i had my surgery feb 9th of this year and i still do not wear regular bras! they are uncomfortable to me, i just where my surgery bra and tank tops with the built in bra and i feel so much better. however, im going to look again and see if i feel okay wearing a bra without the underwire, because i think that is what bothers me. it is really difficult to find bras without the underwire! take care and congrats!
I made a mistake it's my right breast that has no feeling...... I can feel my nipple on the left side and a little around it. Which surprises me because that the side I have the seperation on, this has been such a wild ride.......
I'm now 6 weeks post op and still have no feeling on my left breast, how long did it take some of you ladies to get your feeling back. I do feel like I've taken a huge step in how I feel, I did some cleaning yesturday and today and realized I can pick my left arm up over my head. It's taken a bit longer with that do to my wound seperation on that side, I think I was nervous about stretching it a little each day and it kind of froze up on me. I'm planning on going back to work Nov 1st, and my Doctor told me my boo-boo should start to close up by then. I hope so cuz it doesn't look like it to me.... I can't wait to start wearing a regular bra, I bought a 36 C the other day but I'm still kind of swollen and I put on some weight so it's a bit snug around me, but the cups fit great !! I haven't been a C since grammer school :) So looking forward to next spring & summer, breaking out all my tops that have been to tight for me !! Hope you all are doing well xoxo
Hi, i had my breast reduction in feb of this year also, my breast were big like yours, i wore a 36 g cup and they took off a total of 6 pounds!!! I was carrying a baby up there! My breast are now the same as yours and I love it! congrats!
hi C cup. what cup size were u b4, im atually thinking about getting a reduction and dr. paletta is the dr i am going with..wow he did a great job.
Thanks for posting C Cup. I am worrying about cellulitis this evening because of sudden redness on breasts and some warmth. I'm going to have them take a look at it when I get to work tomorrow (I'm a nurse in a doctor's office) and see if I need to start on antibiotics as well. Good luck with your healing!
I am glad you were on top of this and took quick action. Keep up on those meds and you should heal up quickly.

You are looking good!

wow congrats Hon!!! Im happy you were able to get the surgery! The bruising and swelling is a bit scary but I know it happens to everyone. Im just so glad for you! I will pray for a quick heal!
Congrats...I'm 3 months post op and I'm amazed at how well the breast heal. I had the full anchor scar that extend to my sides. The lollipop part of the scar is healed with almost no scar. The part under my breast I have a incision scar and I can feel a lump but it is hidden nicely in the groove of my breast. Overall, the scars I have are so worth it...I have no regrets.

Also, I second you on the pain.....I was in pain the first few days. I definitely kept up with my drugs.
The last picture..... why do you have the extra skin, and is that what they refer to as dog ears ? How does that happen, I'm 7 days away and getting VERY nervous.
That is the extra flap of skin that the doctor tells you about. They can do liposuction to correct that. Mine has actually gone down some. It was still very swollen in that picture. I will post new pictures on Thursday, I am out of town for two days for a training.
yeah mine is doing lipo.
Looks very painful but also i know its such a relief!! Still waiting on my approval!
Ms Perry,
It really isn't terribly painful. I was surprised as I was expecting it to be horrific. But as I thought about it, I realized it is just fat and tissue that they are cutting into. They did not cut through my muscle and that is what hurts so much about an abdominal surgery. I don't know if you have ever had an abdominal surgery, but you can't cough or sneeze without excruciating pain. It is not like that at all with this. There is some discomfort, but it is totally manageable.
Actually for me it has been pretty painful. I have had to stay on the meds religiously... lol.. This is not typical though. I have fibromyalgia and that in itself causes pain. I also have a 4 year old who keeps me pretty busy and I have not necessarily been resting as much as I should be.
you will get it today. call them

Woo Hoo hang in there!