Significant back pain, the shoulder and neck cramps - Breast Reduction - Savannah, GA

Pros.. less back pain immediately! Cons.....

Pros.. less back pain immediately!
Cons.. Bruising, pain, not being able to squeeze my adorable 4 year old son.

I had the surgery because of the significant back pain, the shoulder and neck cramps, headaches, bruising on shoulders, strap indentations, the inability to wear low cut shirts without having people stare, not being able to sleep in certain positions.

During my first consultation, the doctor took measurements and the nurse took pictures. He explained the risks of the surgery and what I could expect from the healing process. I have called him after hours two times, (one because of bleeding and the other because of all over body itch) and he has responded promptly.

His staff is wonderful as well. The RN even gave me her cell phone number in case I had any questions the night before the surgery. The anesthesiologist also called the night before the surgery to give me instructions.

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us on RealSelf.   This is so very helpful for other women to have people to talk with who have been through the process.

Did your insurance cover your procedure?

Swelling is going down. Pain is more manageable....

Swelling is going down. Pain is more manageable. :) 8/29/2011
wow congrats Hon!!! Im happy you were able to get the surgery! The bruising and swelling is a bit scary but I know it happens to everyone. Im just so glad for you! I will pray for a quick heal!
Congrats...I'm 3 months post op and I'm amazed at how well the breast heal. I had the full anchor scar that extend to my sides. The lollipop part of the scar is healed with almost no scar. The part under my breast I have a incision scar and I can feel a lump but it is hidden nicely in the groove of my breast. Overall, the scars I have are so worth it...I have no regrets.

Also, I second you on the pain.....I was in pain the first few days. I definitely kept up with my drugs.
The last picture..... why do you have the extra skin, and is that what they refer to as dog ears ? How does that happen, I'm 7 days away and getting VERY nervous.

Called the nurse today because my right breast is...

Called the nurse today because my right breast is "swollen" compared to the left. It feels as if there is an implant in there moving around. The nurse said it was normal and that they would heal and different rates.

**I have noticed that the triangle on the underneath of the right side is large enough to fit my finger in there!! (The left side is completely closed.. I just noticed this and will be calling them back in the morning.***

Other than that I am doing great.. The nerves have started waking up though and I've switched to ibuprofen for pain and inflammation. The shape is looking good.

The size? Not sure yet since I still have some swelling.

You are looking good!

Just got home from the ER.. I have cellulitis in...

Just got home from the ER.. I have cellulitis in the "triangle" incision area on the right breast. I was given IV antibiotics and sent me home with 2 oral antibiotics and some pain meds. I'll need to f/up with the PS on Tuesday.

I am actually relieved that the ER doctor said it was infected and put me on antibiotics so that this swelling and tenderness will start to go. It is disappointing when you know that there is something wrong and the doctor wants you to wait it out and see what happens!!

Hey, enjoy your coffee! that sounds sooo yummy! I'm glad about it too! I can now wear cute shirts without the button popping!!! lol take care!
Hi girl, My surgery was Sept 6th, I wasn't the biggest girl a 44 DD but still had big problems with my neck, shoulders, and back. It was something I wanted to do since Jr High, I was the biggest busted girl from 8th-12th grade, so it was always an issue in my life..... But there we're times when the breast seperation was really getting to me that I would cry on my husbands shoulder that I wish I would have left alone what God gave me, Now that things are better and I can see the healing as slow as it is, I'm very happy I did it. I don't think at times I was mentally prepared for it. Well I'm off to get my 1st Dunkin Donut pumpkin coffee of the season, and watching The Bridesmaids this afternoon with my sister-in-law. Will talk soon xoxo
Hi Catlover,I know what you mean about bed side manners. I don't think all doctors are like that, but I have experienced that as well. My doctor that performed my breast reduction was really good and willing to ask any question, but he is in to take pictures and out. He is also willing to fix my little dogs ears on the side which I'm happy about, its not too bad but I would like to get it fixed. I never put the tape around my nipples and incisions whn i first got the suregery because it made my skin peel!! i was soooo upset. It has healed really good I should put some pics on my page. the page i have only is about my bbl that i received after my breast reduction. i had HUGE breast! lol my doctor for the bbl and vaser lipo did not do a good job and im in the process of trying to get some of my money back, but that a whole different story and his bed side manners are horrible and he is in the room for about a minute or two...so trust me i understand. You will be healed soon! how long ago was your procedure?
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Paletta has excellent bedside manner. Alicia, Dr. Paletta's scheduler did an excellent job in getting me on the surgery schedule within 2 weeks of me deciding that I did want to have the surgery.