Finally Parting Ways with My 34DDDs! - Houston, TX

I have been heavy chested since day one. It...

I have been heavy chested since day one. It honestly seemed like I went to sleep one night with mosquito bites and woke up the next morning looking like a 10 year old black Anna Nicole Smith. Literally from flat to DDs in four months... all while trying to learn my times tables. Since then, I have yearned, hoped, wished and prayed for a reduction. I even asked for a reduction for Christmas more than a few times... Alas since we didn't have insurance then no tiny boobies under the Christmas tree for me. :( Also... I had to endure both extreme pain in my neck, back and shoulders and excruciating pain and heaviness in my breasts before my period begins along with the added bonus constant teasing and unwanted attention from both cruel school children and adults alike.

Its time for a change and I am finally ready to part ways with my girls... Wish me luck :)
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Read the book "less is more" on amazon if you have a kindle. Worth every penny for its excellent guidance.
Good luck and good for you! I'm a 32F small frame so I feel your pain! Just had my first consult for mine. Good luck!
Thank you Cree! We can be small boobie buddies together!
Cree 11 I'm 32 F small frame also and 5'1". I'm scheduled for Oct 6th can't wait! When I went for my consultation I wasn't as knowledgable as I am now and didn't know to ask some questions...my next appt isn't until sept 22. How small are you hoping to go? I'm 55 and wasn't more than a c until about 40ish, and then just crept up and up. I had my glory days and now I just want to be small is a B too small I wonder?
Hi Suzibcup! Congrats on your Oct 6 surgery. Well I'm 40 about 5'3" 130lbs. I've always been small framed but very top heavy. I went for my first consultation at 16 yrs old under my parents insurance. I prob weighed about about 120 back then and I was prob a D cup. My parents insurance denied procedure and I remember the surgeon saying he wouldn't do it because my breast could still grow and I was young and he felt it was more psychological. He was right they did grow! And I am very ready! I would love to be a C cup. And if I was a full B I'd be fine! Just nothing past C. I went for a consultation a few days ago and he submitted request to insurance. Fingers crossed they approve. How many diff doctors/consults did you go to? My fear is if I see too many drs it'll confuse me more and I'll be indecisive! Well best of luck!
Well the way it happened for me was that I went to my primary care dr. One day with a list of complaints. She listened and then I asked her the question I had never dare ask, "did she think a br would benefit me" as I asked the question I started to cry with literally so much on my shoulders. She said let's put in a request and see what happens. A couple days later I was called with a PS and number to call to make an appt. I never really thought I would actually get that far. I made the appt for a week later and went. I wasn't knowledgable enough to ask questions so I just listened. That was that. My daughter had brain surgery the week after and was in the hospital for a week, my only thoughts at tat time were for her and BR went out of my mind but when I got her home and slept in my bed and rested my body and mind I thought. (I wondered what happen, never heard from them, so thought that was the end but decided to call and ask. They had called and left a message on my cell voice mail which I never check. The lady said oh you got an approval do you want to book surgery? So 1 PS, 1 consultation, booked it thinking I would do august after my daughter was up and around, the ps scheduler said first available oct 6th. So I booked it. This Friday I have an appt with another PS, so that will make 2. At least I'll have an arsenal of questions to ask. I'm not sure how many to see, I liked the first one, but my head was spinning with way too much information(my daughters surgery). Now that I've made my mind up I want it yesterday and have called the PS and told them I would take a cancellation appt.
Suzibcup, first so sorry to hear about your daughters surgery. That must have been beyond terrifying and stressful. I hope she fully recovered and is doing beautifully. I'm glad you pushed on with your decision to have your BR. I can see how something as major as your daughter having brain surgery could put all else in the back burner to be forgotten. But good for you! And I could relate to your experience about seeing your primary dr and bringing up the dreaded question. I too cried (so glad I wasn't the only one! I felt like I must be a fool!) but she immediately began documenting my complaints during visits. Referred me to a PS and now fingers crossed insurance approves. My PS office called and said they submitted stuff and that they spoke w my ins company and they requested additional info: my doctors recommendations and latest mammogram. So my primary dr wrote a letter that hopefully helps. I'm so nervous but ready. As for my PS I just visited one. I felt very comfortable and he gave me answers to questions I didn't even know I had. I asked on this website if it was okay to go to just one consult and I did get a response from a dr that it was fine and patients hv to go with who they are comfortable with. I know myself and I feel the more consults the more my head will spin and I'd just be overwhelmed. So I went w one PS. Please keep me posted. Hopefully you get a cancellation appt and your boobie dreams come true! (: best wishes for your daughter.
Thank you for the well wishes(and babbling ). My daughter is over the hump and doing better every day ! She had Chiari2 malformation, when your brain is too big for your skull and it expands into the spinal column. Poor angel thank you Jesus that's done! My turn to feel better!
Ok, now I have a problem! I went to the 2nd appt and I really loved the dr. He made me feel so comfortable, not rushed like he had all the time in the world for me. We talked so much about me and my particular issues and what procedures he would use. After that he examined me and took the pictures, assured me no face shoots.) I know you're all going to agree with me that before you take off your shirt you like to at least talk.). Did I just say that? Ok now I gave the coordinator who was so nice, sweet, terrific my insurance info. And was off and now waiting.... The thing is the first dr. Was referred to me by my insurance this doc. Wasn't so I don't know if he's in my plan...I really like him and felt comfortable and now I'm getting anxious, what if he doesn't work with my ins plan????
You might want to check your insurance plan website. There is usually some kind of link that allows you to do a doctor search. That's how I was able to find which doctors accepted my insurance. Also maybe you can just google your insurance company name along with breast reduction policies and it may give u info on what to do if u use an out of network surgeon. It's tough especially if it's someone you are comfy with and trust. Call your insurance too, if that makes it easier to find out if he's in plan. I would also think the PS office can tell u if they accept ur plan. Either way it's your preference and go with who you feel confident with! Good luck!
Best of luck! Hope everything goes perfect for you!!!
Thank you Dorenelle! I really appreciate the love.