Best Thing I Ever Did, And Did It Early - Houston, TX

I made the decision to do this after buying $75...

I made the decision to do this after buying $75 minimizing bras for years as a 19-23 year old when I wanted to be wearing cute things and going bra less. I was 5'8" and 135 lb with very droopy DD breasts. After jumping through multiple hoops, insurance agreed to pay for the procedure. It was relatively high risk because I have a blood clotting disorder, but I was monitored for 2 days in the hospital and by a hematologist.

The recovery was relatively simple. I didn't have any nausea or vomiting and left the house after about 5 days. I came out of anesthesia too early, I think, and was in excruciating pain as they were bandaging me, but eventually it got under control. There was some skin loss on one nipple, which was fixed with the mesh overlay. I am now about 7 years post-op and they look pretty much the same. I've had no increase in size and minimal drooping.

I only have before pictures with clothing on, but-they were horrible. It was 19 cm from my "notch" to nipple.

Supplements

I took Arnica Montana and Bromelain, before they were mainstream, and had literally zero bruising and swelling. I took several vitamins, not sure which ones, but things that are recommended for surgery and I really think it helped the healing process. I also did ask for Zofran to prevent nausea.

Dr. Lee did a fantastic job recommending a size to me and allowing me to pick a shape (I chose "ski slopes").

Nipple sensation

I need to note-my nipple sensation never returned. I have about 10% feeling in one nipple and about 60% in the other. I do sort of remember the days of sensitive nipples, but at this point, numbness is normal. I still think it was worth it.

My nipples were not entirely removed, just re-placed. I have also not yet had children or tried to nurse, so I cannot speak to whether that is intact.

Day 9

Tape comes off tomorrow. Til then...

Dizzy is 90% gone. I do believe it was the Scopolamine patch withdrawal, as much as every doctor says that impossible (Google it!) DONT WEAR IT LONGER THAN 24 HRS!

Otherwise, feeling good!

OOPS

I just posted my rhinoplasty update on my breast reduction. Ignore that!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

He did an excellent job.