34 HH Down to ? - Houston, TX

I have had big breast almost my entire life and at...

I have had big breast almost my entire life and at 39 yrs old my body just couldn't take the weight anymore. I attempted to get relief thru physical therapy and muscle relaxers but neither really worked. I went to see a PS who submitted info to the insurance company and I was approved. I had my surgery on 5/21/2014 . Didn't have a lot of pain and absolutely no drainage which I thought was strange. 700 grams was removed from each breast. I don't know what size I am now but I still feel really heavy. Same pain on neck and back( maybe worse)I actually still look heavy also. I did this in hopes of getting pain relief . I honestly feel that enough wasn't taken off.

2 wk post op dr visit

So I went to my 2 wk post op visit and expressed to my PS my concern with the size. She say I'm still swollen and that she removed a lot of tissue . She says I won't be the size I am once the swelling goes down. I'm know my girls will go down but I'm eager to see the final results. I'm not in any pain. Just feel tightness at the incisions when I move around alot. I lost the scab off one of my nipples when she removed the steri strips so that looks pretty gross. When I saw that I cried. I wasn't prepared to see that. Other than I'm healing fine and I return to work on next Tuesday. Will keep you posted. Also I have added more photos.

20 days post

Not really much changes. Right nipple still trying to heal. When did any of you ladies start applying oil or cream to your scars?

back to work 3 wks post

Ok ladies help me out. I returned to work yesterday and OMG my breast got so swollen and tight. I know I'm not completely over swelling this soon after my reduction but why does it increase with activity? I'm allergic to pineapple so I'm not sure if I can take the Bromlaine since it's derived from pineapples. Also what kind of bra is good for support? I think that's why I'm having swelling

not a good day

My breast are still too heavy. I'm wearing two sports bras today and they are digging in my shoulders . I was hoping to get relief from this surgery but I havent. I know I'm still swollen but I don't think I'm that swollen to be feeling like this. I feel I got a lift with a small reduction and all the weight was just moved up. Had to take a muscle relaxer. I just don't understand how could this be

Better Days 27 days post

Hello everyone just a little update. I'm doing a lot better since my last post. Still have some swelling and tightness but a lot more tolerable since I ordered the Marena post op bra. Not much changes in the physical appearance of my breast. My right nipple is healing but still has to get color. I'm still pointy so I guess I will experience the "drop "that other ladies on this forum talk about. Do I get more changes in my breast at this point or is my final look and I can shop for bras? I'm starting to be more comfortable with my results and I'm working on weight loss at this point. I will update again soon.

I think you look GREAT!! To me don't look like you need a revision, you look like a nice size. I'm just going on look alone, not on the fact that your shoulders still hurt and that your Breasts still feel heavy. I understand fully you wanting more off if you are still in pain. She did a great job and you healed wonderful!! I don't have that white tape on me, I realized I didn't looking at other women. I think you have healed wonderfully. Hope you start to feel better soon.
I agree. You look like your are at a great size. If you aren't hurting still I wouldn't go down anymore. I feel like my surgeon took me down too far and I feel like some of my femininity is gone :-(
Your reduction looks really good I hope you feel better soon. I have a question did you get a reduction and a lift or just a lift? I got approved for a reduction but my doc wants me to pay extra to get a lift also if it's not necessary then I won't get it because my breast is similar to yours before you got your surgery.
I got a lift too. Mr dr said it was included in the breast reduction
My PS includes a lift also.
Mine included the lift, I haven't heard of them charging extra for it.
Well mine is charging me but is only 600 more. I am scheduled for Monday morning and I am so nervous! How was the pain after surgery?
I haven't had mine yet, but some have reported that they are in discomfort rather than pain. Like on a 1-10 I haven't seen more than a 4. Good luck on your surgery.
Need2 lose, the pain is less than I thought it would be. I was just uncomfortable and felt awkward for awhile.
Ok guys pray for me going in, in a couple hours
Ok. Prayers going your way !
I am out of surgery and will post pics later thanks everyone
I think your new shape is nice. I think they haven't softened all the way. Are they still kind of hard?
They are still hard and numb on the bottom side of the breast. The right breast is still swollen
They looked as if they were. Congrats again on your transformation.
Glad you are feeling a bit more positive. I think your new shape is great!
Your boobs look great! I'm thinking part of the heaviness feeling might of been mental since you had such a change in size. You was so used to carrying around that much weight. Sometimes it takes our brain a min to catch up. And I'm not saying you didn't feel it either. My problem is realizing that it will take months to heal and them to fall and fluff lol. You look great girl!
I hope things get better. I thought it might have been due to swelling but I'm a couple of days from being 6 wks post . With that being said I know there is still some degree of swelling but when I place my breast in my hand it's heavy. I got bra indentations starting again and skin to skin contact again
Oh ai understand and if course that would bother me too. Have you talked to your ps yet
When I had my post of visit 3 wks ago she said it was the swelling. I know that's not all it is. I see her again on the third of July and we definitely will be talking about how to fix this problem
Good, I'm glad you're going to be persistent about what you want!!!
You are not that far out Yet in the Healing Process ! It all takes a VERY LONG TIME ! We heal from the Inside Out . We have to give it TIME .......... And it will and DOES get so very frustrating . but we are all here for you ! Your Healing so far - looks GREAT !
I better not over do it just yet. I thought since I'm not experiencing pain just the swelling on and off that I was fully recovered. Glad you informed me. Don't want to do anything that can set me back
You look great, how do you like your little nipples? Proper bra shopping at 4 months