Excited but Nervous at the Same Time - Houston, TX

Hi ladies I'm 25 about 122lbs 5'3 and I have two...

Hi ladies I'm 25 about 122lbs 5'3 and I have two little girls 6yrs and 10mon. I've been wanting my boobs done since after my first daughter because I lost a lot of volume. (34B) after the second baby my boobs got smaller I measured a 32A and they sagged. My hubby finally agreed to me getting them done and I was super excited up until after the procedure. The dr. And nurse were all so sweet and the whole process/ surgery went well but everything has been so uncomfortable afterwards... My back is KILLING me!!!!! My family tells me to suck it up but I'd like to believe I have a high pain tolerance. I had both of my girls with no epidural. This pain that I am feeling is worse than labor to me. I'm scared that the pain is because I might have gone too big. I got 475cc HP silicone under the muscle. They look a little weird but then again they need to drop and all that good stuff. My dr. recommends no massages and I am 4 days post op and still taking my Vicodin and Valium and to be honest I don't think it does much for me. I feel horrible because I read about other women shopping within three days and I can barely get up. I went out for dinner with my husband today and I couldn't wait to go home so that I could recline on my sofa. Is this normal? Am I just being a big baby? I think I have post boobie blues because I find myself crying and regretting the procedure. Then I read and see pics of other women and get excited again. I don't know what's wrong with me I just pray that everything turns out well for me in the long run and the pain goes away. Not trying to scare anyone but I'd like to see if anyone went through the same.... Worst part is that I don't have friends who have had them done and can compare situations.

1 week post op :)

Hi ladies so today is day 9 for me and I feel a whole lot better than before. I feel like I have a little more control of my emotions. Dr. Said that narcotics can mess with your head. My back pain has eased off a little but im taking tylenol extra strength twice a day and the muscle relaxer before bed. morning boob has gotten better but still hurts the first 5-10 min of the day. My boobs are still high but I'm noticing that they are fluffing and looking bigger hopefully it just keeps getting better. :) I'm a little bumbed about wearing the sports bra for 6 weeks because there are so many dresses and shirts that I want to buy and wear for the summer but can't because the straps are too big or they are backless...But I can live with that for a little longer. I am only able to move my arms half way up so my husband helps me wash my hair and straighten it. Wearing shirts that don't button up are a little hard to put on but my husband and I have a technique going on already :) I will keep you posted on any changes.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

So glad to hear your mom is helping you and that you have a muscle relaxer for at night. My back also hurt terribly during my recovery as it was difficult to find a comfy position to sleep. Take care!

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! Hopefully we can provide you with the support you need! Regarding your back pain, this is common. Check with your PS to see if you can get some muscle relaxers. You're right, according to your photos, you have a lot of dropping and fluffing that will gradually take place over the next few weeks. Is someone helping you with your little ones while you're recovery? Take it easy and keep us posted!

Thank you Beth and yes my mother is helping me out a lot. I'm seeing my dr. Tomorrow so hopefully I get good news about my new boobs :)
Ok. So I've tried on tops and you can't really tell that I got them done. :/ wth.... I'm feeling annoyed right now. They look like they always do with my padded bras. The only way you can really tell is if I wear a low cut blouse or a reg. bra..... :/ the only thing I don't reget is the size I got since I went as big as my dr. Recommended.... 475cc My husband says that it's just my insecurity that still won't let me enjoy them..... Sigh
Thank you all for your reassurance and support. I see my dr. On Friday for my post op visit. Hope everything goes well.
You will feel better soon. I think the drugs do terrible things to our emotions. I felt better when I was off the heavy ones but you need them the first week. I thought I was going to be fine after 2 weeks but I was still sore I took another week off work. Im now nearly 4 weeks amd still get sore at night and the morning. .but its worth it :) don't feel a wimp...it is quite major surgery. Just enjoy the rest and let people look after you which is hard to do sometimes as it's usually us doing all the work!!! Look after yourself hugs Shelly xoxo
Sorry you are having a hard time. I know how you are feeling. I felt terrible, questioned my decision, and cried just a couple days ago over it all. I saw my doctor and she told me to keep taking my muscle relaxers and pain meds. She also took the tape of off my breasts. The next day I felt like a new person. I think it just takes time to heal. Get some help with your kids and rest. You will come around and feel better soon.
I was given a little picture at my pre op appointment that showed happy faces on a graph. What you are going through emotionally is absolutely normal. As the days go by it gets better and you'll be happy with your results. Its your mind upset that your body feels good so it messes with your emotions. As for any discomfort I had absolutely none except for tightness which didnt seem to bother me at all. I was sleeping on my side like 5 days post op and by week 2 I felt great but in the middle of week 2 i started to have a feeling of sunburn more on my right then left and that hurt more than surgery LOL. So everyone is not going to go through the same levels of pain but emotionally we def all know what you are feeling. You will be all brand new come week 3, Good Luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.
sorry *that your body DOESNT feel good
Well everyone is different, but my opinon is that its normal to be uncomfortable. I felt the same way my surgery was June 5th and i couldnt move for days neither! my doc told me i could drive 3 days after op. but i had no idea how that was possible i drove about 7 days later, and only for a short period of time not moving elbows up too much. im just now feeling really good. so dont be too worried, dont do too much! I only got 425cc and my back was killing me, but i thought it was cuz i couldnt sleep, sit or put my body any way i liked cuz it just hurt too bad, and were not use to having the weight up there,,,i slept sitting up for about 6 days just now sleeping on my back with about 3 pillows behind me, for about 4 days without worry on side im getting there but doing it slowwly! I was told laying flat could make implants stay up when u want them to drop, so be careful. I was curious in your pictures u arnt wearing a strap above your breast pushing implants down did u receive one?, not sure if all docs do that but ive been wearing one since the day of surgery, and i feel it works good, not to worry u but my breasts at no point were ever that high, but like i said all docs are different.I have two little boys and the last thing i wanted to do is hurt my body even more. Its been 14 days and its gets better eveyday! Dont lift, push or pull anything it will shift your girls!:) Especially with your kids! hope this helps u, im hear to listen or give my thoughts, good luck!
Thanks :) and no my dr. Didn't give me a strap to wear over my breast. My friends friend was told not to wear a bra at all for 6 weeks... So I guess it's just up to the dr.
Did any of you feel/look bloated after the surgery? Just curious... I feel thicker than before the surgery and I really haven't been eating unhealthy :/
You will be bloated for a few days . I had to pee every thirty minutes for 24 hrs after surgery . Hope your doing good !
I am too. I had gained 5lbs when I weighed myself next day after surgury. My Dr. Said today each implant is about 1lb (397ml) and the rest is fluid that I will lose. Everyone is different and I guess it's taking me longer to let it go.
The size of your boobs are perfect, they will relax and drop. Mine dropped within a month, one before the other and the swelling goes down and they settle so they won't look as big once they drop and fluff. I had my PS go through the aerola. No scars, I was out to dinner the same night, albeit slightly cooky from the oxycodone but pain free. I have many pics on my site you can look at. I went with 550 cc silicone HP under the muscles. They definitely are noticeable but I can tone them down with what I wear with family :-) otherwise those 6200.00 babies deserve to be on display where them proudly! I consider it pampering yourself.
Just saw ur pics they look great. I hope mine fullfill my expectations. I don't have the natural cleavage but like u said that's what a good bra will do. Do they shrink much? I can already tell so I'm a little nervous that they might get small. I got 475cc because my dr. Said that would be the biggest my frame could take without over doing it.... I'm a teacher so I can't go ridiculously big, but I want to be able to display them when out on the town ;)
Thank you Liz for the nice compliment! It has been a year and a half now, since I had them done, and I need to add more pics; I will do that tonight. To answer your question--it is hard without seeing your pics! Do you have pics, because I am having trouble responding to others who post to me who don't have pics on their "review" area. I will say that now, I am still the same bra size. I am 5'7" 135 lbs. med. boned? with a size 38 bra band size. So my 550cc silicone under the muscle will be totally different then saline or even silicone over the muscle. Under the muscle they settle down and feel squishy, real and don't sit high on your body. So I guess, after the dropping and fluffing, they do kind of feel smaller--not the word though--cause they aren't. They just feel nice. I don't know what saline feels like on top, I believe they don't fluff the same and don't drop either. Anyone have ideas on saline? I love the way they look now, they feel real, and a part of my body. I still look at them every day and marvel at their beauty. Even if I don't have that perfect cleavage. I do in bras and bathing suits that aren't triangle shaped. I have never for a minute regretting getting them. I agree with you--when with family I am self conscious of them kind of, I hug to the side, when I am out with my husband, I show them off! So as a teacher you can hide them with sports bras and jackets but flaunt the babies when you are out of class! Lol! :-)
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this page. I had my surgury on June 13th. I only have taken Motrin for pain because the good stuff makes me sick. I was so excited bout this procedure too because I have 3 kids and 3 1/2 years of breast feeding in. Well I have cried last couple days because I feel like my breast look so high and the bottom of the breast still seems deflated. I have my follow up appt tommorrow to remove stitches and I'm hoping they tell me this is not the finished project I want to be glad I did this. On top of the boobie blues I had a major reaction to the tape so where my incisions are I have raised welts and rashes that are driving me crazy with itching. I want to cry and not for pain. I feel better after hearing all your positive feedback. ; )
I'm glad this page helped you and im so sorry about your welts and rash. The feedback helped me as well. I don't like that they are so high but at least I know it's normal...now it's just a waiting game. My sisters have also mentioned that they look bigger and nicer and not as square as day 1. I will try to post a more recent pic tomorrow. Good luck!
Hey! I thought i was the only one! Im 34 , 170lbs 5'8. I had saline round implants may 8th 2013. pre size was small c. My PS used 550 implant size filled 620cc right and 625cc left. Im 6 weeks out and they are still very high. I also had the nipple elevation. (4 kids) its driving me nuts them being so high. My PS says no message bc it may increase the ripple affect. Should i keep wearing the sports bra? The PS wants see me back in 2months. I should have waited for winter to have this done.
I guess the waiting game is the worse after the pain :/ I would continue to wear the bra.
This WILL pass and you will love your boobies!! When I first got mine done 13 years ago, I had three sons (two via C-section) and thought I was going to die the pain was so bad! I too thought I was abnormal because I was not up and about until almost 2 full weeks after the procedure. Believe me, it gets better and you will be happy. I am going back next week for new implants and a full lift as I have had two more children after the first set. I'm not looking forward to the pain, but it is worth it in the end! Good luck.
Thanks and good luck with your surgery :)
I am telling you, go with the aerola incision, cleaner, easier and no pain instead of the incisions under the breast which causes you not being able to lift, wash hair like so many girls have after having the surgery under the breast.
don't worry be happy!!! I am now 10 days post BA under muscle with lift. I am 33 with 2 kids 6 yrs and 17 mo. I went with 465cc extra full profile and I felt the same way you do, until day 6 post op. I was saying to everyone how this was worse than labour and also wondered if it was really worth it. Today I already am sooo happy I decided to make this decision. My pain level is down to almost no pain at all. Only in the afternoon will I get the pain in my back. I took pain killers for about 5 days and then went to tylenol extra strenght for another couple days so don't be too hard on yourself you'll see a huge difference very soon. Which you the best with your recovery. My PS told me the pain in my back was normal because of the muscle that is attached to the pectoral muscle are in the back so they are hurting as bad as the front ones.