Implant Removal - Houston, TX

I got 450 saline implants in 2009 because I had...

I got 450 saline implants in 2009 because I had lost my natural big boobs when I lost 20lbs. It was the biggest mistake of my life. I miss my natural boobs, I hate how big these make me look, my husband doesn't like them, I feel like my chest hurts all the time, I get comfortable when I sleep, They don't make pretty bras that fit me... I can go on forever. I want these things out ASAP.

Appointment set!

I just set up my consultation with dr. Todd Adams for implant removal & a tummy tuck! My heart is pounding just thinking about it!

Went to my consult

I walked into my consult today wanting an explant & tummy tuck, I walked out wanting a replacement smaller implant, lift & tummy tuck. Ugh. All totaled up to a whopping 17,300. Now that I'm home I realized that the doc just really talked me into it at the moment & I know I really do just want an explant. I think I'll be setting up a consult with a different doctor soon cause I want to try to explant first & see how they bounce back. The doc was pretty sure that I would not be happy with my results if I just ex planted alone. Now I'm so confused on what to do.

I set up a consult with my surgeon who put the implants in. I haven't been back to see her since 2009. Even over the phone they were trying to talk me into a lift. I just want these thing out & no other work. I did go ahead & set up a consult for February 3rd, so hopefully she'll be willing to explant without replacement or lift!
Yeah if you were talked into smaller implants I think you'll quickly regret it. You will look amazing with just the explant. If you end up wanting to lift later, ok. But go with your gut--explant and be dree
Don't listen to that stupid fu*cking idiot! Sorry, in pretty passionate about this, since it happen to me. I wanted explant, doc said the same thing 3 years ago & I down sized.
I am now 2 months explant & loving it! Should have down what "I" wanted 3 yrs ago!
I think you are making the right choice for yourself. Who are they to question what you want & don't want. Hey are not you & you are the only one that must live with your decision, not them. After they get paid, they move on, leaving you to deal with your decision.
You know that's exactly how I felt when I left. How's he to know my outcome? Seriously. I'm gonna set up a consult with a different doc.
After reviewing your story I'm considering flying to Florida for this explant. You did it under a local anesthesia? That's what I want & looks like the doc did an amazing job. I need a vaycay anyways!
Good for you! I wish I would have done the same thing. However I trusted him, because he did it the first time. After the 2nd surgery he retired. Literally 2 months after he got paid AGAIN! Grrr
Yes under local. It was very easy. And with what the doctor wants to charge you, your better off getting them explanted & taking the trip for the same price, if not less. Lol
Merry Christmas! Xx
Merry christmas to you also!
You will feel so much better once you get your implants out. Its been almost a month since I had mine removed and I feel lighter and healthier every week that I continue to heal. Best of luck to you - hope you can find a PS and set a date soon! :)
I can't wait! I feel like ever since I got the implants I just never look thin no matter what I do. Did you ever feel like that?
Absolutely! And now, everyone says I look so much younger and thinner! You will definitely notice a big change in that area - I always looked like I was all boob in pictures, which made me look a lot bigger than I actually was. Now I look like I dropped about 20 lbs. :) You will love the new you! :)
Thanks I think you're right & I do feel like they age me too.
Good luck. You'll be on the other side with us in no time :)
I got gel implants in 2011. I hate them. I have never regained normal feeling in my breasts. They feel full and uncomfortable, and it is hard to find a bra that fits. I wanted to be a 36C but instead they are DD. I just want them to be gone. I can't stand even thinking about them, and not really sure why I did this in the first place. My frame is petite, so these just don't look they belong on my body. Ugh. I have been thinking about getting them out since the beginning but am afraid of complications and expense. I wish you all the best in returning to a way that feels natural to you!!
Thank you! And I can really relate to a lot of what your feeling. I just want them out ASAP.
There's so much support here! Have you chosen your surgeon? do you have a date set? Good luck on this journey and keep us updated!
I'm still researching to find the right surgeon, I think I maybe over thinking things cause I can't decide whom to go to. Im just scared to make another wrong decision.
I think I've found my surgeon & I set up a consult for January 14th.
That's great! I can't wait to hear how it goes :)
Yaaaaaaaay!!! So exciting!!!!! Keep us updated

Thank you for starting your story and reaching out here! I think you'll find this to be a really supportive community that will virtually hold your hand through this whole process. You might want to read GreenTemple's first hand experience if you haven't already.

Please keep us posted on your journey to being implant free!

Have you set a date yet?