51 yr old explanting 23 yr Old SILICONE Implants and Having Breast Lift and lipo - Houston, TX

I got my implants when I was 28. I had breast fed...

I got my implants when I was 28. I had breast fed my son for a year and I got divorced a year later. My tatas looked like deflated, stretched out balloons and I couldn't imagine EVER letting another man see me without a bra. A friend of mine was getting a "boob job" and I decided to get one as well. I got silicone implants just before all the big news stories broke about how silicone implants were causing so many problems and were then taken off the market for several years. My friend had a lot of problems with hers and she was part of the huge lawsuit against the manufacturer (Dow I believe) and she was awarded $300,000. I never had any problems with mine other than the fact that they were heavy and I didn't have a breast lift at that time, so they were definitely not "pert"...

Jump to today and I am 51 and VERY READY to get these things out of my body! They are still heavy and uncomfortable and I have absolutely no desire to have any larger breasts now than whatever my natural tatas turn out to be. I really do want them to be "pert" though, so that's why I decided on the lift. Shortly after i got my implants I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Crohns. I have had constant joint pain in my hips and knees for years regardless of what the doctors try. I am praying that after my explantation my joint pain will go away or at least get better. My husband is completely on board, so I am very lucky in that regard.

So far I have had a consultation with 1 ps and I have appointments with 2 others scheduled over the next few weeks. I was very disappointed by my first consultation because the before and after pics weren't very good and I actually got to see a patient of his that had a breast lift a year ago and I thought they looked terrible (although I refrained from saying anything negative at the time). I won't name names, but this is a ps that I found on realself and he had some good reviews and the pics online looked pretty good. Anyway... onward and upward! I am hoping to have my surgery in January since I have a lot going on over the next few months. I will update after I have my next consultation next week. I love this site and feel such a sisterhood with everyone that has or will go through the explantation process!

Current pics with implants.

2nd Consultation

I had my second consultation today with a very kind and skilled ps. I was able to ask him all the right questions thanks to all the wonderful information I've found on realself from all you lovely ladies.

His fee was quite a bit less than the first ps I consulted with and I definitely felt more confident with this ps, but he DID mention several times that I would probably be happier with my results if I replaced my current implants with smaller ones. I finally got it through his head that I DONT WANT any more implants in my body and that I don't care if my breasts are smaller after the explantation and lift or that the upper pole will probably not be full.

Anyway, he is a definite possibility, but I still have one more ps that I have a consultation with on September 12 that has tons more before and after pics on his site than either of the other two that I've seen, and I'm excited to hear what he has to say.

I think I've also decided to try to schedule my surgery for the first week of November instead of waiting until January because I just really want to get this over with so I'll quit obsessing about it!!:) :) :)

3rd Consultation

Hi ladies! I finally had my consultation with the 3rd potential PS and I have made a decision. The appointment went well and because of all the info I've gleaned on this site, there were no surprises. There were many factors that went into my decision, but in the end, I'm doing what my gut tells me. This PS does have an opening at the beginning of November, but I still haven't scheduled my surgery yet because I've been a little under the weather and I want to be in excellent health before I make the commitment.

I am still just a little nervous about having surgery 3 weeks before Thanksgiving because I will have to drive 4 hours to see family and I don't want to be uncomfortable (I will also be having some lipo done and will have to be wearing a compression garment).

Anyway - my big personal debate is - 1st week of November (I'd prefer this option because I am SO frickin ready to be done with this!) - or 1st week of January, when I will have plenty of time to heal without worrying about traveling for Thanksgiving or Christmas, nor would I have to worry about wearing the compression garment under my clothes during the holidays, which seems like it would be very uncomfortable and possibly visible under clothing.

If anyone has an opinion regarding the healing timeline and holiday travel, as well as the compression garment for lower body, then please let me know! I guess that's about it for now. Happy healing to all of you that recently had your surgeries!

Finally scheduled my surgery!

Yeeeehawww!!! I am so excited that I finally scheduled my surgery! Monday, November 3rd will be my big day - explanting, breast lift and lipo. My pre- op appointment will be on October 21st which is only 4 weeks away. YAY!!! :-D

They are finally OUT!

I had my surgery yesterday morning and everything went great. My boobies are just a little tender, but I'm really happy with the way they look already. I am now the proud bearer of higher, firmer breasts (ok - firmness is probably due to swelling), and I really like the shape of my breasts and reduction of areola size. I was really nervous about the surgery - not knowing what I would look like, but now that it's over - big sigh of relief!

I had lipo in several areas as well, and I am definitely having quite a bit of pain - mostly in my calves and back (bra bulge area), and abs. I'm wearing my compression garment for the lipo areas and a sports bra that zips up the front.

My husband has been WONDERFUL! He is tending to my every need and I feel very, very lucky and appreciative for that. I'll try to post some pics, I tried earlier and couldn't get them to download. To everyone out there that's written reviews and comments and posted pics - I am TRULY GRATEFUL!

Pic of my Implants

I was shocked to see that my implants look yellow! I never saw them before breast augmentation surgery, but I just assumed they would be clear. When I go for my follow-up appt. next week I'll ask my PS if they are yellow because they were in my body for 23 years or if they came that way. I will also ask how many cc's they are because I have no idea and even when I called my original PS to ask about the size, they no longer had my file/information because it had been so long since my surgery. Unlike some of you, I was not able to bring mine home because the PS said it is considered bio hazardous material, so that's why I just had them take a pic after explantation.
Dr. German Newall

Dr. Newall did a FANTASTIC job on my explantation, breast lift and liposuction! I could not be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Newall or his staff. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery.