Getting Explanted Next Friday - Houston, TX

I have had saline implants for six years and maybe...

I have had saline implants for six years and maybe liked them for one. I kept telling myself I would like them more if I lost weight, but I just realized I don't like them at all. So ironic since all my life I wanted big boobs. I miss running without two bra's. I hate exercising because I feel men are just watching my breasts. I don't wear revealing clothes because I'm a modest person. My sister and mother tease me because I have these huge breasts that I paid money for, and I don't "show them off" I didn't want them this big, but after two kids, and weight fluctuations they are. I had my consult last week and will be getting them out next friday, I'm not sure I'm done with having children so I'm holding off on a lift. I have a feeling they may point south but I really don't care at this point, I will wear pushup bras! I cannot wait, and I think I'm more excited having them out than keeping them in!

Well I go into surgery in the morning and I am...

Well I go into surgery in the morning and I am still really positive about it. I have to say I am surprised how my family and friends have reacted. I think they all are just afraid of the word "surgery" and think I should just leave things alone. However implants do not last forever and unless you have them you know the maintenance required. I know I'm going to feel so much better, but I have to admit I am nervous on how they will end up looking. Whatever happens I know I'm making the right choice for me.

Well I'm in bed at home proped up and I feel sore...

Well I'm in bed at home proped up and I feel sore but good! I think all the hospital staff are wanting to get the day over because everyone was very efficent! I can tell that my implants are gone because I don't feel that heavyness and I love it! The drains are a drag but hopefully I will only have a few days with them. More later!
Leann

Hey ya! Well I stopped taking my pain meds...

Hey ya! Well I stopped taking my pain meds yesterday and just want these drains out. My breasts look a little droopy and my husband asked would they tighten up, I said I hope so! However I would do it again because I don't feel my implant and I always felt my implants, they were heavy to me. Once I get my drains out I will post a picture.

Hello and good morning! I just had my drains out...

Hello and good morning! I just had my drains out and talk about annoying. I think the drains were the worst part of the whole explant surgery for me. As for the girls they are really deflated but honestly I'm so happy that it really does not bother me (yet). I am posting a few pictures and keep in mind that I just had the surgery last Friday. For anyone that is on the fence about explanting without replacement: You feel so much lighter. I feel free from having that foreign feeling, like everything that is supposed to be a part of me is and the implants just didn't fit into my lifestyle. I may do a lift in the future but I know I will not replace my implants ever! Have a great week ladies!

So after about a week I'm seeing improvements. My...

So after about a week I'm seeing improvements. My muscles are sore, but not bad. I stopped all pain meds a few days ago and I wear normal bras. I am a "D" cup now, but I am happy I can shop at a normal bra store and hope as I lose my post baby weight (I had a son six months ago) that I will continue to lose a little more breast tissue. I would be happy with a "B" or "C" cup. Anyway I'm posting a photo to show you what a week later looks like, and I deleted my upside down photos!

Sitting in class today it hit me: That feeling of...

Sitting in class today it hit me: That feeling of carrying something was gone, and I started to smile, and I was just happy. I really wanted to share this feeling because for the women out there who are scared to explant, I can tell you for me, it was 100% the right thing to do. I feel a little muscle soreness still but I am telling you ladies, I just feel so free. It is like I carried this weight physically and emotionally and now I'm done with implants, and hating my body.

Well it is 5Jul12 and I'm healing pretty good. I...

Well it is 5Jul12 and I'm healing pretty good. I must say the new boobs (boobs without implants that is) are something to get used to! I feel lighter and free of that artificial feeling but the after is a little saggy and just different. I am in a "C" cup and can tell that a "B" cup is in the near future as I lose weight. I will post new pictures in a month or so. Anyway just keeping my journey real and updated for you all!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

So far my Doctor is great but the actual surgery hasn't happened so I will adjust the rating if I need to.

Hi Real friends, I am so happy to have found this site and have all the advise and support from all you wonderful ladies ot there. I had Breast implants put in when I was 23 after having two beautiful boys and had lost volume and sagging. I am now 39 and a new mom of a 7 month old son. I am breastfeeding my son. My left saline implant ruptured when my son was just over 5 months. I was thankful for this site and when the surgeons told me it was safe to continue to breast feed. I am planning on breastfeeding my son until 10 months and have time to decide what to do. I l unhappy I got them and I hate having something foreign in my body and they never felt good. I told very few people I had implants I was ashamed. I wont to explant them but I am undecided on a lift yet. I am scrared of surgery and how I will take care of a toddler.

Cant wait to hear your thoughts have a great week ladies!

Thanks Dasiy
Hi Daisy! There is a lady on another forum who explanted and then continued with breastfeeding a week later. I wonder if this is an option for you?

Most people seem to have a lift (if they're going to) about 6 months after, because it means you dont have two major surgeries at once and you may find you actually like them as they are after a few months of healing.

I was scared of surgery too...I cried before! Just remember it will be the last time...if you had them replaced you'd be back again in a few years.

You'll probably need some help with your toddler but really the surgery is easier than original implants- most people say this and that was my experience.
Thank you so much for your blog!! I am debating about taking this step and your information helped tremendously!!! THANK YOU! I may even use your dr.
I wouldn't usually post topless photos but I know it can help others decide what they want to do!
Hi! Just reading through all of the posts. I myself have implants and have been thinking about getting them removed. Is the cost roughly the same as having the implants put in? Also, my man is a boob man...how well did your husbands/boyfriends adjust?

Tudaisies!  Welcome you'v e come to the right place!  As for mine who is surely a boob/butt man - he loves ME!  Thank God!  So he has adjusted without missing a beat!  Support during this time is important but the truth of the matter is you - how you will feel without them!  Your attitude will determine whether your outcome is good/bad!

As for cost it varies from PS to PS but I've een roughly the same cost as getting the implants! But again it depends on your PS.

Best wishes to you!

Ciao

Wow! You are looking amazing!
They are looking great and very natural which is ten times better than the fake look! Well done and thanks for posting the photos as its encouraging to see the results x
You look great!!!!
Did the doctor tell you had to wait a period of time after the baby?
Would you recommend your doctor?
I loved my Dr so yes, I would recommend him. As for waiting I was told not to have the operation until I healed from my C-section and stopped breast feeding which I wasn't able to breastfeed.
I wanted them smaller!
You are looking good! they shrunk up a lot.

HI there!  So happy you are doing well!! As for the sagginess I know the feeling but I will never go back to implants!  Take care an enjoy being "free"!

Ciao
Hi glad to hear things are good! Did u breastfed your children? Any troubles with the implants? Did you like the dr who did your surgery? What kind of scar do you have? Did he remove the capsule? Thanks!
I tried to breastfeed but my production was too low, my implants were healthy meaning nothing was technically wrong, my scars are healing and I have little red marks from the drains. My Dr. Removed the capsules :)

I'm so glad you're feeling that a weight has been lifted and that this was the right decision for you! That's wonderful.

Can I ask why you chose a different doctor to take them out? My doctor seems irritated with trying to figure out why my implant is hurting me and honestly doesnt know what is wrong for sure. they look fine on teh outside. Before implants I was a 32A and I miss them..how crazy is that?? !! My husband wants me to jsut repair the one side that is bothering me...and I fear he wont be able to look at me after I get them out..but i know he loves me and I think I know deep down i need them out of me. Did your doctor talk about the possibilities of fluid filling the capsule if it is not removed? That is my fear but as I am finding there are doctors who dont want to remove the capsule as it can cause bleeding
Snwbrgrl can I ask you about your experience with Dr. Gill? I have an appointment with him next Wednesday for explantation? I"m also in HOuston located near Baytown and desperately searching for a great doctor soon!
I love him, I continue to see him for follow up appointments (I'm actually going today) and love his staff and office. He's very nice and personable. I recommend him because I have had a great experience.
Ohmygoodness..I live in Houston also. I have had my implants for just almost a year. They are 371 CC's and I want them out! I just visited my doctor who put them in to see about taking them out. He told me I didnt need a capsulectomy. This gives me so much hope..Did you use the same doctor to take them out as you did to put them in? I'll take all of the advice I can get! I'm 33 and want another baby, but these implants are just not my lifestyle..i cant exercise or do anything without discomfort...I hope to hear from you. as I am needig to make my decision in the next two weeks..
Hi robann, I am doing great since the explant and I attribute it to the expertise of my plastic surgeon,He is not the one that implanted me originally.I decided to use someone different.I also didn't have to have a capsulectomy.Can you believe that after being in me for eighteen years?I am amazed!
I think you are making the right decision in your circumstance.If you need a doctor..I highly recommend mine.
He is located in Conroe Texas on Riverpoint Drive.
His name is : Wilmer Wuest
He and his staff are very good.
If you call his office, feel free to tell them that I recommended you.
I will be glad to tell you my non screen name if so. Just let me know through email.
Have a nice day...
what made you decide to go with a different doctor to take out your implants? The doctor I have now seems to be irritated with me as i have been coming in since February with pain in my right implant. They look great on the outside but inside it hurts when i exercise, push, pull or lift anything over 10 lbs...I am a little afraid that my husband won't be able to look at me after they are gone
I have moved away from the area the original doctor was in..and..I really didn't care for him.I also had pain in my left implant and it went on for years.I too was afraid that my husband would be disappointed if I had them removed.Well, he passed away and I finally got them removed.I am extremely relieved that I have my old self back.I had saline which is supposed to pose no side effects..but,I think it did.
I hope you find a good doctor.There are many out there that are good.
I am post op eight days now.Had stitches out yesterday.Went bra shopping I was fitted with a 40 B.Eighteen years ago I was a 34B.I knew I had "spread in my midriff as I was aging.So wasn't surprised with the outcome.However, I am going to try to alleviate some of this spread.I am feeling like I have been in a dream.I look at my breasts and they look exactly the same as they did before the implants eighteen years ago.It is amazing.I am sooo loving that I can now wear the cute blouses and shirts and not feel self concious.I feel great!
Hi that's fantastic, I am really happy for you trulyitsme!! :)