457cc Mod+, Under, 33, 5'4", 125lbs, BF 2 babies

I have just begun my journey which so far has...

I have just begun my journey which so far has consisted of doing research, reading stories on Real Self etc. Having a BA is something I've thought about doing for along time, but knew I wouldn't do it until I was done having kids. I am a mother to be of 2, nursed the first and planning to nurse baby #2. My husband a fully supportive if it is something I want to do. I've always been an "a" cup size, athletic. After my first baby I did go back to an a size, not too saggy, maybe only slightly.

Other mama's experience?

I'd love to hear from other mamas that went through something similar. What size you went with, were you saggy before from breast feeding? Did you get high or moderate profile etc. My goal size would be no bigger than a C cup and I am also a runner and would be afraid any bigger would "get in the way".

Pictures Pre-BA after nursing 2 babies

Here are some pictures of me currently. I lost a lot of volume after baby #2 to where my nipples even sag. It's so gross to me.

So it's kind of an inside joke/challenge between my husband and I that I told him when I close my first real estate deal, I'm getting new boobies!! So I'm pretty close to having that goal attained and I'm hoping by Christmas I'll have some new girls! Currently I weigh 125, 5'4", althletic build. I workout probably 5 days a week now and run half marathons a few times a year. I do more weight training now and my goal is to compete in a fitness competition next year. The more muscle I gain the worse they get too. I should mention I have a 4 year old and 13 month old.

I've been researching doctors in my area and have a doctor I will probably consult with that comes highly recommended.

There isn't. Day that goes by I don't think about having this done and for no other reason than for myself. I'm always so self conscious about being so flat and so tired I padding and push up bras, which by the way, 'A' cup padded bras are too big! Sheesh!

Consultation Done!

I had a consult with Dr. Mark Schustermann yesterday. Everyone there was so nice and I really like him. We had a meet and greet then he measured me. They took 3D images and then we talked about sizes. He pulled up my pictures on the screen and with the 3D imaging they grew in front of my eyes! It was pretty cool to get an idea of what they would look like. He showed me 400cc and 450cc. I was a little bit surprised about the 450cc just based on pictures I had been looking at in my research. I was thinking upper 300 so the 400 was actually happy to see him say that. He said I have broad shoulders and plenty of tissue to fill and when he showed me the 450s they actually look better. there wasn't a whole Lot of difference in the pictures but it did look fuller. I told him one of my biggest concerns was that I did not want to my boobs to look super fake like high balls sitting on my chest or that painful Tight look. he said absolutely not I would never recommend something like that for you I don't do anything like that here. I've looked at pictures and his gallery and his statement matches what his work looks like from what I can see in pictures. almost every single woman looks natural and very well done so I feel like I can trust him and his opinion. My friend recommended me to him and she swears by him, I trust her as well.
I also asked about my aereola size and if he thought I needed a reduction, silence they are small. He said no and if he thought so he would tell me.

I completely forgot to ask him about looking at the side of my leg which when you look at it it's like this celulite bump. I don't really know how else to describe it. I'm in really good shape and I've had this thing on the side of my leg for as long as I can remember probably since junior high. I think it's one of those things that will never go away no matter how in shape I get. When I call today I'm going to ask if he can take a look at it at a pre-op appointment and let me know what he can do. If he think there's something that he can do then I'll probably have him do it at the same time as my BA. I've uploaded some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. I Have improved my backside by huge amounts this last year and slit of the celulite has gone away due to exercise and good diet, so I know how to do it, but This bump thing just doesn't go away. That's the only reason I would consider having it removed.

They are currently scheduling for the end of January and early February so I could potentially be doing it within the next couple of weeks!

2nd Consultation

I had another consultation with Dr. Schustermann today about my outer thighs. He agreed that it is an area that will not go away unless I do something about it. He said he would do smart lipo in that area. I plan to do both that and BA at the same time. I should get a call later today to schedule a surgery date and finalize the cost. I am really really excited to finally get this all done primarily the BA.

Surgery Date set!

I booked my surgery for February 24th!! It was the earliest date available. I'm keeping my fingers crossed something opens up sooner. If not that's ok. I have my pre-op appointment this Friday. With that done I'll be able to move up the date in the event someone cancels. I'm still on the fence about doing the Smart Lipo for my outer thighs. Really it's only because of the extra expense and it's not something I ever thought I'd do. I definitely would love to have it done. We'll see at my appointment this Friday. It's only going to cost $3,000ish total and they even came down $2,000 since he isn't having to do much. So I really can't complain.

Luckily I have my mom close by so she will be able to be here each day to help with my two little ones. My hubby is very supportive too and pretty excited for me. He completely loves me how I am but he knows how much this means to me and I know he'll enjoy them too ????. He's a big help but we'll both appreciate having my moms help! She actually had her's done 20 something years ago after my youngest sister was born and has never had issues and knows what I'll be going through. I'm lucky to have a great support system.

I can't wait and I'm so excited!! Still unsure what size but I will get a better idea at PreOp. Until next time lovely ladies!!

Pre-Op done! 450cc Under

I went in today for my preop appointment we hasn't came with me. I wanted to try on two different sizes. The doctor had recommended based on my breast with and shoulder width and excess tissue that I go with the 450cc moderate profile under the muscle. I was afraid 450cc would be too big and wanted to try on the 400cc or 420cc. I'm kicking myself now for not taking pictures before when I was trying them on but oh well. After trying on both sizes there really wasn't a huge difference between the two. Knowing that the 450s will look like the 420s under the muscle, I decided to go with the 450s. My husband agreed and he thought I looked awesome in either one. I was worried 450 would be too big from all the other pictures I've seen online but most women that I've seen, go with high profile and started out bigger than I am now. I'm basically absolutely flat so I can see how this will make me look very proportionate. I'm also going with moderate profile. It was so cool having the Sizer's in my shirt and just feeling how it would feel to have something up top. it's just something I can't describe which I'm sure a lot of you ladies know what I'm talking about. I wanted to take them home with me!! I am so so so excited!!!. I am also first on the list if there's a cancellation prior to my surgery date which is scheduled for February 24! I also decided to go ahead with the smart Lipo on my outer thighs since the price was so good and it's a relatively small amount he'll have to do on me.

Rice Sizers Test

I've been sorta freaked out lately about deciding in 457cc just because the pictures I look at of women with this size seem bigger than I am picturing for myself. I know everyone looks different with different body types etc so I'm trying to keep all this in mind. Did some rice sizers today at about 420cc and I love it. Doc said 450 will look like 420 being under the muscle. I'm going to wear these around for a bit and try to see how it goes. Anyone else do this and did it help you decide?

Implant stats

I don't think I mentioned I will be getting Natrelle silicon congestive gel implants, 457cc, moderate profile, round, under the muscle, inframammary incision. Jas anyone used NewGel silicon scar strips? Are they any better or different than the brands you can buy at CVS or Walgreens?

Bra size question??

I want to go buy a few front close sports bras for post op but not sure what size to get for the new girls. I wear a small or extra small now. What worked for you?

11 more days!!!

Only 11 more days until I get my new booties! I think I've gotten just about everything I think I'll need. I am so thankful for all you ladies and getting to see what you recommend getting for after surgery. I've gotten one meal in the freezer and plan to prepare at least a handful to help my mom and husband out. I've gotten hello, heating pad, medications, Dial soap, Benefiber, prunes, to help with digestion/boating and scar away. I've yet to buy any bras. The big ones are still so intimidating to me LOL I'm looking online, it would be nice to at least have one other option other than the one they send me home in.

Coobie Bras & 1 week Countdown!!

After reading about so many of you loving your Coobie bras, I decided to go ahead an buy one or two since the are 1 size fits most. The whole size thing at this point still freaks me out so I'd rather wait and buy other sports bras, regular bras etc. until after the surgery. That way I can try them on and all that. Anyway I went onto Amazon and Coobie's website to compare prices. I am about to check out on Coobie's webstie when I see, Buy two get two free for President's day!! SCORE! I was going to buy 2 anyway. I was being practical and got one black and one white since that with go with most clothing but after the BOGO I was able to get some fun colors too. Super excited for that!! My surgery date is 1 week from tomorrow!! I can't wait. I've got everything ready and working on freezing a few meals this week for the family. Let the count-down begin!

Less than 24 hours!

Less than 24 hours and I will be hopefully safely on the other side. I have been so emotional today. Asking myself and my doing the right thing? Am I going to miss my little booby's? Thinking about things like being put under which is scary. And having something in my body for the next foreseeable future. Really nervous about being too big and how things will change with clothes working out etc. Also nervous about when people notice or find out.At the same time I'm really excited that it's happening tomorrow I guess the nerves are just kicking in a little bit because it's actually becoming a reality. I'm hoping to be able to sleep okay tonight even though I know I probably won't ha ha. See you all on the other side!

Made it to boobie land!!

I made it to boobie land!!! Everything we smoothly. I was weighed, did a pregnancy test. Doc came in and marked me up. We actually got started about 15 min early so that was cool. The Anastasia doc can I talk to me, he gave me something to make me sleeping in the IV. All I rembee is being wheels to surgery room and saw about 2 seconds of the OR. Never I knownis I'm waking up. He told my husband the procedure was only about 30 min but it took me about hour and a half to wake up. I was discharges about 10 min later! Pretty smooth process. I was so nervous about the use being too big but I took a peek and they look perfect. The size is just what u wanted. Swelling has to go down and dropping still but I'm as soo so happy this far!!!

Post Op Day 2

Slept pretty good last night. I have a boppy pillow I used when I nursed my babies and it worked great as a neck pillow. Being able to sleep on my back yet turn my head to the side was nice. very hard to get into and out of bed by myself. I've done ok going to the bathroom by myself. haven't showered yet. Set my alarm for every 4 hours last night to take a pain pill. Got up this morning and very sore, a bit painful so took another pain pill right away. sitting in bed now relaxing. My right side seems to hurt a bit more than the left but probably because that is my dominate side. I just re-read my last post... sheesh! Talk about drugged writing haha! Been drinking alot of water. I think the meds and anesthesia made my mouth very dry. Also my throat is a bit sore for the meds and the breathing tube during surgery. I still keep trying to peek at them and I just love the size!! I can't tell you how worried I was that they would be too big. I can't wait to get over the pain and be able to try clothes and stuff on. Its hard buy I'm trying not to move around too much, just a little. No BM yet, but its only been 24 hours. Also got my Coobie bras in the mail Monday, so I'll be looking forward to wearing those. My surgical bra is surprisingly comfortable and doesn't look too hideous.

One weird thing I noticed is that when I push down on my ribs, directly under the incision area, I can feel squishing. I think it's just excess fluid still needing to leave my body. My tummy isn't really bloated, just soft feeling I think from all the fluids they game me yesterday. That's all for now!

Finally feeling somewhat normal.

Finally feeling somewhat normal today. I had really bad fire like pain on the side of my left breast last night, which are the nerves healing. Felt like a burning sensation even to the touch! Took my pain meds and fell asleep so it wasn't too bad. Last night I was wondering if Id ever feel normal again, but Woke up feeling good this morning. Just a little soreness and tightness still. Instead of pain meds I took Tylenol this morning to see how I could handle that. So far, no serious pain. Still feels tight to stretch my arms up, like to try and fix my hair. It's a mess. My husband washed it for me the other night. Took off surgical bra to wash and put on Coobie bra, super comfy. I couldn't get it on over head so slipped it on from my feet up. It stretches so that worked. Love love the size of my breasts and looking forward to them settling down. Still pretty high. My 17 month old has had a little bit of a hard time with me not holding him. My mom has been here and has taken the kids out of the house during the day, which has been a life saver! My best advice so far, make and freeze meals ahead of time, take pain meds regularly the first 3 days. Even when you think you're doing ok, don't over do it. I finally had a BM today but still feel bloated. Did take benefiber twice yesterday and been drinking a lot of water with lemon oil to detox my system of the meds. We have 2 kids birthday parties this weekend so I'm looking forward to getting out if the house. A bit nervous about being too sore, so we'll see. Finally out in a normal shirt today and feeling more myself :) haven't had any boobie Blues just ready to get back to normal activities but I know it's inly been 3 days. Also no bruising yay! Ok ladies, that's it for now. Hope you all are healing nicely as well!

Post Op day 3

Forgot to upload pics

Loving my new additions!

I can't say enough how happy I am with the size. I know they still have a lot of dropping to do but so far I love it! I'm about pain free now. I haven't taken any hydro codeine in 2 days and haven't raken Tylenol since yesterday afternoon. I slept slightly less elevated last night and sorta in my side but not fully. Still feel a little tiny burning on my nipples and the sides of breasts where the nerves are healing. The bottom of breasts and aereola area are still numb to the touch. Love the Coobie bra!! I go in tomorrow for my fist Post Op check up. My mom has been here during the week to help with my little ones, but is home sick today. I Braved it and picked my 17 month old up to get out of the crib, no pain. Didn't carry him around as I don't want to pull anything. It seems to be fine to pick him up just to out him in bed or high chair but nothing more. Don't want to chance it. I'm doing most of my normal daily activities with the exception of working out. I'll ask tomorrow about doing lower body. Showering and getting dressed myself are doable and don't have as much pain when I raise my arms all the way up. Still a bit bloated and have been going but there is more that needs to leave me!! LOL

I know 457cc sounds big, it did to me before too! But I don't feel like it's too big at all, to me it's just right. I think they will be easy to show off or hide depending on what I want ;)

1st workout

1st workout post op today. Doc said I could walk, so I went this morning and did the stairmill at the gym. No bouncing just steady leg burn, just what I needed. I did do some ab work on the workout ball and just crossed my arms in front of my chest. Didn't feel any bad pressure on by chest muscles. Tried to do a few oblique crunches but it was pulling too much so I stopped. Did body weight squats too. Felt good to just sweat a little and get moving.

Also, I love how my new boobs look in clothes and workout tops! Feels so perfect!!
Dr. Mark Schusterman