Emotional Rollercoaster Ride - Houston, TX

This is my first time ever blogging so please...

This is my first time ever blogging so please forgive me if I do this wrong :) I guess I should start of by telling you a little about myself. I am 26 years old, mom of a 9 yr old and 6 yr old. I am 5'4" and weigh about 145 lbs. I only breast fed my sons for about 2 weeks total. I have been married to my high school sweet heart for almost 12 years now. He is my everything and has been very supportive through out this whole process.

I have always had some difference in breast size but it seems that after my second son was born there was a big difference. 1 breast seemed to almost stay the size it was when my milk came in and the other went back to normal size. I would say that I am an A cup in 1 breast and a B in the other. I am VERY insecure. I do not like for my husband to see me naked and I refuse to look at myself in the mirror. I dont like to wear tight fitting shirts because I feel like people are going to notice.

My husband is amazing, he has been supportive of my decision to have this done. He doesnt think I need to have it done, but for me to feel better about myself he is accepting of it. I am beyond nervous! I guess my main fear is that I will be put to sleep for the procedure and never wake up. I feel selfish, my boys could possibly grow up without a mother all because I want boobs!

I am also afraid of the finished results, the pain doesnt scare me at all. I have been through so much in my life, I know this is just another obsticle that I will and can over come. But I am just worried that they will not look like I want them too. My surgery is scheduled for March 12th and it seems to be going by soooo slow! I am on this website daily reading others stories and most of them seem to calm my nerves. I will not be posting pictures on here simply because I cannot stand to look at myself. I know pictures help, but I just cant do it :/ I would love to hear anyone who has reassuring words for me! Or anyone who has possibly had a BA done in Houston. It is always comforting to hear nice things about the surgeon who is holding your life in his hands!

Well this time next week I will be in SURGERY!!!!...

Well this time next week I will be in SURGERY!!!! Time still seems to be going by soooo slow! I dont think there is much left in my house that I can clean or disinfect lol my sons probably think that I am going nuts. My 9 year old has asked me several times why I am going to have surgery. He is aware that something is going on but I havent explained to him what just yet. Maybe when he is older. I just told him not to worry, mommy is fine she just has to have a little something taken care of. I reassured him that I am not sick and I will be home and back to normal in no time at all. It seems so easy to reassure my son, why cant I convince myself?!? I guess it is only womens nature for us to worry. I guess in my heart I know I will be fine, its my mind that keeps playing tricks on me! I really hope that this week flys by fast! I have my final appointment with my doctor this Thursday at 11am. It is a 5 hour drive for me to my doctor. I will be staying in a Hotel for a couple of days after surgery to recover. I am so not looking forward to a loooong 5 hour drive home after surgery! But I guess that is all part of it! Everyone keep me in mind and I would like to thank everyone that has left me such kind words. It really does feel good to hear words of encouragment at a time like this. Thanks again :)

Tomorrow is the big day!!! I cant believe it got...

Tomorrow is the big day!!! I cant believe it got here so fast! I cannot wait to get this surgery over and start the recovery process! I just want to wake up in the OR room and know that everything is okay. First thing I am doing when I get to go home is calling my sons. I am so worried about dropping them off today with their grandma. I know everything will be fine, but its in my nature as a mother to worry about my babies. Well enough about the stressful part of this whole process. I went last Thursday to have my pre-op and also register at the hospital. Discussed some things with my PS, decided to have a slight lift on my right breast due to my size difference. He says that my left breast is an A and my right breast is almost a C, which I already knew thats why im having the surgery :) But to try and get the girls looking as perfect as possible he said I needed to lift the right one so my nipples are both at the same level. Sounds like it makes sense to me. Last thing I want is to FINALLY have the same size boobs and have one nipple looking up and one looking down. I have to admit when he first mentioned the lift I was a little taken back. I knew in the back of my mind it was going to need t be done but for some reason I was hoping he was a miracle worker and could do it without a lift. I had a very long ride home that day (about 7 hours) and it slowly started to sink in and the scar wasnt so bad to me anymore. Im pretty comfortable with the idea now. And of course the price went up lol as well as the lenth of my surgery but again, it was expected. My house is clean, my bags are packed and I am ready to go! Everyone keep me in mind and say a little prayer. I will post an update as soon as I can tomorrow! Thank you everyone for all your well wishes :)

Well I just arrived in Houston! I have 1 hour...

Well I just arrived in Houston! I have 1 hour until I need to check in at the hospital. I have to say that yesterday was by far my worst day! I dropped off my kids with grandma and drove away crying my eyes out. I questioned all of this, was it really worth it?! It was really hard. I met a man last night who had the most comforting words of wisdom for me and it really eased my mind. I walked out of wal mart thinking that god put me at there with the stranger for a reason. It was his way of saying everything will be okay. I only slept about 2 hours last night and I was so upset I couldnt eat a thing yesterday. Needless to say I am really regretting that now. lol I'm starving! Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and stories of encouragement. can't wait to get out of surgery and share my story! Sorry for all the typo's lol doing this from my phone. Wish me luck!!!!

Well ladies, I made it!!!!! I have to say it was...

Well ladies, I made it!!!!! I have to say it was not that bad at all. I ended up being called to the back as soon as I got to the hospital which was a good thing. Everything happened really fast. Everyone at the hospital was AMAZING!!! As soon as I woke up from the surgery I was throwing up. I knew it was going to happen because I did not eat the day before and I was up feeling sick to my stomach. I threw up several times for about 20 minutes right after I woke up, but they gave me 2 shots to call my stomach down, I stayed in recovery for about 2 hours and my surgery lasted about 2 hours. I am not in very much pain, more so pressure and stinging around the incisions. I will let you know how my follow up goes tomorrow! Good night!

Well I think this is considered day 3 post op. I...

Well I think this is considered day 3 post op. I am feeling pretty good. Still cant seem to get up and do to much without the pain coming back. Actually it isnt really a pain, so much as them getting really really hard and the pressure becomes to much. I am still taking the pain meds but I have cut them in half. They are still very hard and high, which is expected. I cant wear a bra for 6 weeks!!!! :/ I am not excited about that at all! I went for my post op the following day and he showed me how to start massaging them, that was NOT fun at all! I dont think the massage hurt that bad as the stretching of the incisions is what was hurting me. I have been doing them every chance I get. I can shower for 5 minutes a day with warm water which is nice. I still have some burning around the incisions but nothing to bad. I held up my old bra against them today and I finally noticed a difference :) It didnt even cover half of my new boobs! I kinda wish I would have went a little bigger but I know they still need to drop alot. And honestly I would have rather went to small than to big. I am just soooo glad they are FINALLY even! He did such a great job at getting them even. I cant wait to go back and have the bandages taken off. I still havent seen my right nipple. But so far I am completely happy and say it is totally worth it! Anyone out there waiting to have the surgery done, please dont be nervous. I wish I would have just listened to all the other ladies on here and realized that the surgery was going to be a breeze. The first 15 minutes after surgery was the only really crappy part about it, I did not enjoy the nausea at all! I have to go back in 2 weeks to have the bandages taken off, until then a whole lot of relaxing and enjoying my hubby taking care of me :) Good luck to anyone having their BA done soon! You will be fine!!

Well I am a little over 2 weeks post op and I feel...

Well I am a little over 2 weeks post op and I feel pretty much back to normal!!! YOO HOOO!!!! Let me tell you that it was not easy. I was one of the unlucky ones who went through depression after and it was not nice at all. I wasnt depressed over my boobs, im not sure what it was. I was just very emotional and sensitive, never happy, couldnt find it in me to get out of the house. It lasted about 4 days or so then I was back to normal. I went last Friday and had my bandages removed. I was SOOO afraid to see my scars I didnt even look at my boobs until later that night. After the 6 hour drive home I finally worked up the nerve to walk into the restroom and lift up my blouse....well to my surprise it was AMAZING!!! My scars, at not even 2 weeks post op were almost invisible!!! Its been about 5 days since the bandages came off and man does it bother me. They itch so so so bad!!!! The bra I bought over a week ago from VS in a 36C became to small for me so my hubby took me back yesterday and to my surprise I measured at a 36D :)))) I couldnt believe it! It feels so great to have boobs! I loved bra shopping! For the first time ever. I havent had any pain, I sleep on my side again, my only complaint is the itching and the depression. Other than that, my boob job was a walk in the park! My right boob has softened and dropped while the left is being stubborn. But it doesnt bother me, they look great! I would be happy to answer any questions about the whole process, I know there were several women on here that helped me out tons!!!

Good morning ladies! Have a question, hopefully...

Good morning ladies! Have a question, hopefully someone can help. It has been a week today since my doctor removed my bandages. Everything is going great but I can't take the itching anymore! I knew they would itch due to healing but it is driving me insane. Hopefully someone can't recommend something! Thanks :)
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Doctor V did an amazing job finally giving me the even boobs that I have been dreaming about! All the staff at his office and at the hospital were AMAZING!!! I wish I could personally thank every single one of them. They made me feel very comfortable through out the whole procedure!

Hey Laredo! How are things going?? Hows the boobies?
Hey there! Things are going great! It has been a month and 2 days since the surgery and I honestly look and feel like I never had surgery at all! No issues what so ever. They both have dropped into place and are soft. My scars look really good. The itching after he took off the bandages was horrible! Probably my biggest complaint about the whole process which isnt bad considering it is a major surgery. I would do it all over again if I had to. How are you doing?? Still going crazy on the size issue? I can honestly say now, dont worry about them being to big! They wont be. I am another one of those statistics that wishes they would have gone bigger :( I am VERY VERY happy though. My husband and I have already discussed that when I have my next surgery we will probably go to around 550-600cc. Although I am a 36D right now, it doesnt look or feel like it to me. So much so that NO ONE has even noticed. My best friend didnt even find out till I told her last week. And I have seen her alot since the surgery. Once I told her, then she noticed the fullness and got jealous. LOL but other than that, you cant even tell. You will be fine, I PROMISE. You have to remember that when you try on the sizers they are placed over the muscle and fat so they look MUCH larger than once they are put under the muscle. I think I would have been pleased if they would have stayed looking like they did with the sizers. But its okay, im not complaining. It is all a learning experience and next time I will know to be specific of how I want them to look. I will be in Houston on the 11th of May. Will you be there?
Ok, now I am feeling a little of what I have heard the girls talk about on here. My left breast seems to be dropping quicker and the right. (only to me) today my left one almost looks and feels like a normal big boob but the right one still feels high and without a better way of saying it, "tubular". Does this make sence? Has this happened to others? And how long did the uncooperative boob take to adjust to match the settling one?
By the way, please excuse my typos, etc. every time I hit send suddenly they all stand out to me. ;) LOL
How funny that you would mention this issue! Just last night I told my husband how my boobs were finally looking different. My right breast seems like it dropped, got softer and my left is high and hard :/
Darn it. ;) They need to come on. Don't they know I am inpatient? LOL
I know you are going to think I am loosing my mind, but I could swear that right one feels like it has adjust since I have been whining about it?? Just a little, Oops!! I better quit feeling my breast at my desk!! LOL Someone might walk up. ;)
yea i know what you mean im always looking on the internet and googling what i feel to see if its normal..lol just pernoid i guess. the bottom of my breast are the most sore, i think its because the dr. had to lower the under fold. i had lots of bruising but i think my nipples hurt because of the stitches that were put in. im healing very slow,that's it. but it is normal. Ive been icing and at times i put warm cloths on them before i massage and that makes them feel better. cant wait to heal and for them to drop so i can show them of..lol

I had my infusions done on the bottom as well and I also had to have a lift and resize of my nipple on my right breast. Every once in a while I will get some burning on the bottom incisions but I have yet to even feel my incisions around my nipple. I am 10 days post op. For some odd reason my left nipple, the one that wasn't cut is the one giving me the problems. It's extra sensitive and hurts at times. I think its just due to the fact that it got stretched to the the limit. It was my smaller breast. I also have some pain on my right breast where my under arm and boob meet. It almost feels like I pulled a muscle. That is one thing I plan on asking the doc about on Friday. Other than that I think I am doing pretty good.

Please excuse all the misspelled words lol this damn phone has a mind of its own lol but you get what I'm trying to say :)
I'm 15days postop and i still can't lay on my side for long before one of them becomes sore. I hate it becuae I cant take sleeping on my back since surgery I've only been able to sleep 4-5hours at a time. I try Not to take pain meds nomore but They do hurt at times especially in the morning when I standup They feel super sore. Still don't have much sensation in my left boob so I'm hoping that'll change. It's been 2weeks and i tend to over do it on The days that i feel good so I think that's affecting my healing process :/ but besides them being soar especially the right, everythings good.
Glad to hear from someone who is same the amount of time out and still feels sore. It reassures me that's normal. :) Also, I had the under the breast incision and I have numbness right in both those areas. My hopes are to heal and start feeling that more it makes me even gladder that I didn't go through the nipple area. Keep me posted on your progress.
LMAO!!! :) :) OMG, I'm in tears. Glad I'm not something high energy, Might need a year off!! Can you imagine going back to something like daycare or teaching?? I'd be fired cause I don't tolerate pain well, obviously my recovery review. Somebody's kid(s) would be missing. ;) Before you wonder, yes I have one son and he's safe, he's in his 20's. Old enough to know how to duck and run. ;) LOL
Lol oh goodness. I wish I knew forsure CPS didn't read these reviews or I would tell you some of the things my poor sons have had to deal with during my recovery. Lol I also don't deal with things very well.
NOT overactive. Sorry, this sneaking makes me appear like I am really bright but I think most can understand me I hope. :)
LoL I was thinking to myself what kind of active desk job can she have?! Too funny!
I think it's the surgery, I really do get it tired as well before the end of the day but I have a desk job so I'm over active.
Scarppy, Thanks for the kind words and making feel like ok about being silly. You are totally appropriate in the things you said. I mean think about it, we ladies signed onto this site to share and support each other about extremely intimate procedures, etc. Most are bold enough to show in the buff before and after photos. My feeling is if that thus far nobody has been inappropriate or weird, etc. I think we as whole are quite couragious and supportive of each other. This site has helped me allot and empowered me to open up and feel better and more confident about my decision feel bad about it. Before I came on here I had a million questions, fears, etc and you guys have helped me emensely. Thanks. :)
You are welcome Mrs. Brown, I believe that it is things like that that keep us young =).
And you guys have all been helping me along as well. I haven't had my BA yet. I just had the consult and scheduled it for May 11th.

Keep on keepin on Mrs. Brown, you have made me laugh a couple of times on this site and I appreciate that. =)
LOL sorry it took a while to reply to your crazy story, that is funny BUT dont feel strange at all! My niece, who is 19, text me probably day 2 after my surgery and asks how are your boobs, I tell her their good, just really hard and high right now, to my surprise she replies with "you know as soon as you come back home you gotta let me feel them" lol I was like ummmm okay whatever floats your boat. Then the next day, my sister in law (who is 21) comes over to check on me and of course starts asking all the normal questions and finally works up the nerve to say, can I see them?! I started cracking up, I thought my husband was going to die laughing. I told her I guess so, why not?! LOL so there I go unzipping my jacket showing my boobs to my sister in law. When she leaves, my husbands says im so proud of you, you would have NEVER in a million years showed your boobs to anyone before this surgery. It has given me such a boost of confidence. Its crazy! OH and an even funnier story. I have 2 sons, ages 9 and 6. My oldest one catches on to things pretty quickly. For the first week I stayed asleep pretty much all day and night. Well one day my husband brings me 2 ziploc baggies with frozen strawberries. I unzip my jacket, and out them on the girls, thinking it was night time and my kids were asleep. My oldest walks into the room to ask me something, looks at me and turns around and walks out LOL the next morning before school he asks Mommy why did you have my strawberries on your boobies LMAO!!! try explaining that one!!!!! My fear was he was gonna go to school and explain that to his teacher. KIDS I SWEAR! lol
I LOVE IT!! Thanks to all of you for follow-up with much support and laughs to go with it!! For awhile yesterday nobody responded and I was worried to death people were secretly saying to have me blocked or locked up one!! ;)
Lol no, I just rarely have time to get on here. I get all of your stories on my phone and always read them, its just so hard to respond from this damn phone.
I can totally related to the time thing, etc. I am at work sneaking and sending all mine. My computer at home is just not fasted enough (no matter what). I am sure my husband family (6 yrs up to completely imature adults) who he allows to play on it constantly have given it 500 viruses! Because my husband also has a laptop and it goes like super fast, same WiFi so tell me? Anyway, until recently I haven't been pulling it out because it's only time we spend together and also I'm lazy. ;) LOL Today I have been completely misbehaving and chatting at work. Hey, I'm still in recovery mode, I'm here aren't I? ;) LOL
Lol very true. At least you are at work! Thank goodness we own our own business and work from home. I couldn't imagine having to recover at work. Your a brave woman, you deserve to chat it up! I still get so tired. Not sure if that has to do with the surgery or just me being lazy :/ but either way I need a nap.
Also, I've been back to work 3 days and so far I've been spending more time sharing than anything. I thought I would be the outcast but instead I have become the celebrity!!! Word has spread... "Mrs. has new boobs!" These are the women of course, the men aren't crazy. ;) They have been cool as cucumbers. But all the women are in admiration, envy and want details.