Can't decide. Girls maybe you can help me out. I am so confused.

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl...

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl section for a long time. After researching several doctors from California to across the state I've finally decided on Cortes (for now, unless I get any indication he is not the doc for me). He is pricey but I feel good about his skills and I like the fact that the surgery is done in a hospital.

I scheduled my surgery for the 11th of June. His receptionist was very nice, very helpful. I felt a little rushed by the other person I spoke to (not the receptionist). I understand he is getting quite busy but coming from out of state I really need to know and feel comfortable with the details and I would have appreciated not feeling rushed and be able to ask all the questions I need. I got a little worried about whether I was making the right choice as the staff reflects the doctor imo, hopefully it's just because Cortes is getting so popular they are probably overwhelmed with calls. I still don't know the address of my pre-op. I will have to call back, try to catch them when they are not so busy.

Other than that I am very impressed with Cortes's recent work and I enjoy watching his videos. I have read through the reviews, his patients seems to have gotten a good impression of him and it seems he is known for having a good bedside manner. Hopefully he is the right doctor for me. I'm feeling him 75 percent, waiting for a sign or some indication that he is indeed the right choice. Unfortunately because I am out of state I cannot have an in person consultation which I feel would help me determine better. Skill, artistic, good heart/communication/care towards patients is all vital and equally important imo.

Before deciding on Cortes I did consider Duran and Vanity either Fisher or Hasan. Maybe someone can help me? I'm curious if they use a different technique for fat transfer than Cortes? I watched Dr. Cortes videos, he seems to inject the fat in multiple layers. I wonder if the other docs do the same?

Still undecided

Still not 100% sure of my decision. I wish I had that feeling like I know for sure Dr. Cortes is the one. Based on my logical mind I feel he does an amazing job creating hips and that hourglass. Is he the best at creating hourglass? I'm hearing this. I need to do more research. I wish RealSelf had a thumbnail search option, would make it so much easier to find reviews with before and after pics and keep track of the ones I've already seen.

I am still researching other doctors. I wish I could find someone in California to be honest but I haven't seen many California doctor who are consistent in their results.

I don't want to say anything bad about Cortes. I love what I've seen so far and what I've heard about his bedside manner. I hope it's all true. But I was talking to my friend today. I told my friend I really need to make up my mind because I've already put a 500.00 deposit and another 2000.00 deposit is due soon. I believe both deposits are nonrefundable. I know for certain the 500.00 deposit is non refundable. My friend was shocked, they just yelled at me and said hell no you're not paying 2500.00 to make someone who is already well off richer and then not even be able to get your money back for no services. It just kind of hit home. The price of my bbl already went up 1000.00 because I didn't lock in the price and I have to pay a 2500.00 non refundable deposit? I love Cortes, I really hate to say anything negative but yeah I think that is a little excessive compared to other doctors policies.

I'm going to keep my mind open and pray about it. Maybe Cortes is the right choice, maybe he is the best? Maybe there is another doctor who is a better choice for me and I will just know it's right inside. Doing research... Any recommendations for doctors in California whose work is comparable to Cortes, Duran or the doctors in Florida?

I'm also still trying to find out how Duran processes and injects the fat, her technique? I want to make sure my fat is going to stay!

No longer going with Cortez

Looking for surgery buddy for Dominican Republic mid July or into August. Someone similar to me who is easy to get along with, low drama, supportive. Maybe share recovery room? I have never left the States, really nervous about travelling alone. I am from California/Bay Area. Please inbox me if this sounds like you.

Travel buddy from California to Miami?

Ugh, changed my mind again. i feel like the results are more consistent coming out of Florida doctors. Is anyone going to Florida for bbl in September or October? Any California girls going? Message me. Thanks.

Still can't decide... so confused and frustrated

I'm having the hardest time deciding who to go with. I don't completely have confidence in any of the California doctors. I was considering Fisher in Miami? Now I'm waffling again wondering if I should stay in California for convenience? I was brought to tears today by the confusion, I just want to get this surgery over with but I want it done right. Each doctor has plus and minuses. I figure that the difference in price is around 2000.00 after adding up all expenses and air fare. Do any of you ladies have an opinion? Anyone from California want to chime in? At the moment I'm considering these three:

Bruno: Very nice, lovely staff. Isn't run like a surgery factory, attention and care available for each patient. Uses pure filtered fat and seems very sterile and clean. When he is more aggressive with the lipo his results are amazing and natural at the same time. However there are quite a few realself girls who did not feel he delivered.

Hughes: aggressive lipo, staff a little pushy, seems to have a lot of patients. Most of his patients gave him good reviews.

Fisher: Reasonably priced. Excellent credentials. Seems to have predictable work. Save money. Vanity- sales oriented, staff not always honest and tons of patients?

Anyone else?

I am soo soo confused. I really want to stay in CA if I can but I need to feel confident that the results will be delivered?
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Hi lady. All I can advise u is that u should compare ur body type with the patient results of the dr u are considering. I'm a Bruno patient and yes he is not aggressive with lipo( i will mention that on my update on tue) In my opinion dr. Hughes delivers great results. he will give u a booty but I saw a couple on this site that scared me, they were big and boxy. Worst case senerio i rather have a smaller messed up booty than have a big messed up booty. In all seriousness all ps have good and bad results but who ever you choose at least you will be at peace that u did ur home work. Like I said before a bbl is a gamble because I see it as 30% is the ps work and 80% is our bodies reaction to it. Best of luck finding the right dr. Also remember pictures can be deceiving( poses, angles, garments worn under clothing, waist shapers/garments make the booty look bigger that what it really is( my booty is 2 inches bigger if I wear a waist clincher) consider this when you look at pics. Again good luck :)
Thanks for the advice, great info... I agree with you on everything. This is why I'm having such a hard time deciding. Each surgeon has plus and minuses, so hard to decide... BTW, i really don't think you look like you need a tt? I think the lipo could have been a bit more aggressive around your waist but it doesn't look like you have loose skin.
Ur welcome. I know, I saw dr.bruno and I told him about my lipo :( he said at my 4 months po he will decide if I need a lipo revision. I already know I need it lol. So I'm starting to save money for it in jan 2015. After the 2nd lipo I will make my decision on the tt. I have been procrastinating on my review because I'm lazy and I have too much to say. But I am very pleased with my booty( looking at my booty makes me forget about my lipo)
You are so right ! I just got a bbl with Hughes and feel my butt is huge and boxy! I don't want a big butt I wanted a round and high butt. Hopefully I am just bloated though and it will go down...
Hope it ends up shaping nicely
Yes. I think some more lipo to your waistline will make your hourglass and booty pop even more. I don't think you need tummy tuck. I've seen girls on here with way saggier skin than you and it retracted after the lipo. You don't even appear to have saggy skin, it looks tight. Plus the scar! I love following your review. Love to see Bruno girls, I wish I had a better frame. I would go with Bruno in a heartbeat because he and his staff are classy all the way. I felt so calm during my consultations.
I've probably said this a lot already but I like your shape a lot. It looks like you're swollen right now so can't tell 100 percent but you are so curvy and it looks like you got a nice heart shaped butt.
Thank you so much. Overal I am very happy with my results and the girls at Bruno's office are the best. My ex use to say "are u going with the dolls" when referring to Dr. Bruno. My friend just got her bbl with Bruno I will ask her permission to put her pics on my blog so u can see :)
He he, so true about the girls at Bruno's office. Total dolls, so beautiful and not stuck up at all just completely nice. Mary? always stayed in the room with me to chat while I was waiting for my consultation. More plastic surgeons should run their office like that. Less stress makes for such a better surgery I think.
Hey! i'm Having Surgery On August 29th. I'm comming from MN, never flew period. So this will be my first time on a plane and out of the country, I'm a very very nice girl & would love to meet you there if you schedule your around the same time as me(:
Good luck! I changed my mind. I think I will probably go to Florida now.
Where in the Bay Area are u? I replied to your email. ;)
Hey, thanks so much for the advice! It was so helpful. I still may use Campos for some other procedures. I'm starting to chicken out about travelling outside of the country. I'm probably going to go to Florida now. I'm in the East Bay Area.
Hey hun good luck with your search I am one of hughes hotties;) hehehe I'm 9 days post and I love my results so far my husband is thrilled and can't wait till we can do the nasty hehehe sorry tmi but I just want to let I know this surgery has boosted my confidence tremendously I feel great out in public now walking with my head high up not worried if I have any love handles or rolls sticking out and I finally have a beautiful booty!!! :)
Yes you are a Hughes hottie for sure! Thanks for the encouragement! You look amazing, nice curves!
Thanks babe booty is starting to get softer and getting more shape also good luck with your search
Your wish pics are everything!
thank you!
Just wanted to check in with you :) how's ur progress going?
Thanks for checking in. Ugh! My progress is going confused. I don't have full confidence in anyone in California. Now i'm leaning towards Florida. Love your results, perfect and natural!
honestly I love dr. hughes results you should check him out:)
Hope everything works out. Best of luck
Hi Doll, I'm going with Dr Almonte in July. Lesley speaks English and many dolls travel from the US so if need be anyone of us can assist in translation. I totally understand the confusion and mixed emotions and the wanting to be in a better deserve body. Do your research thoroughly. Many of the dolls as I have will give you the truth, the good, the bad, the ugly and the bad. What do you want done? Best of luck! Please keep us posted.
Thanks so much! You are the best! So grateful for all the supportive and helpful dolls on here.
Im going with Almonte......Ive communicated more with Baez but she won't give me A quote for some damn reason, we keep going in circles...have you found a buddy yet?