Scheduled W/ Cortes for June Bbl - Houston, TX

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl...

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl section for a long time. After researching several doctors from California to across the state I've finally decided on Cortes (for now, unless I get any indication he is not the doc for me). He is pricey but I feel good about his skills and I like the fact that the surgery is done in a hospital.

I scheduled my surgery for the 11th of June. His receptionist was very nice, very helpful. I felt a little rushed by the other person I spoke to (not the receptionist). I understand he is getting quite busy but coming from out of state I really need to know and feel comfortable with the details and I would have appreciated not feeling rushed and be able to ask all the questions I need. I got a little worried about whether I was making the right choice as the staff reflects the doctor imo, hopefully it's just because Cortes is getting so popular they are probably overwhelmed with calls. I still don't know the address of my pre-op. I will have to call back, try to catch them when they are not so busy.

Other than that I am very impressed with Cortes's recent work and I enjoy watching his videos. I have read through the reviews, his patients seems to have gotten a good impression of him and it seems he is known for having a good bedside manner. Hopefully he is the right doctor for me. I'm feeling him 75 percent, waiting for a sign or some indication that he is indeed the right choice. Unfortunately because I am out of state I cannot have an in person consultation which I feel would help me determine better. Skill, artistic, good heart/communication/care towards patients is all vital and equally important imo.

Before deciding on Cortes I did consider Duran and Vanity either Fisher or Hasan. Maybe someone can help me? I'm curious if they use a different technique for fat transfer than Cortes? I watched Dr. Cortes videos, he seems to inject the fat in multiple layers. I wonder if the other docs do the same?

Still undecided

Still not 100% sure of my decision. I wish I had that feeling like I know for sure Dr. Cortes is the one. Based on my logical mind I feel he does an amazing job creating hips and that hourglass. Is he the best at creating hourglass? I'm hearing this. I need to do more research. I wish RealSelf had a thumbnail search option, would make it so much easier to find reviews with before and after pics and keep track of the ones I've already seen.

I am still researching other doctors. I wish I could find someone in California to be honest but I haven't seen many California doctor who are consistent in their results.

I don't want to say anything bad about Cortes. I love what I've seen so far and what I've heard about his bedside manner. I hope it's all true. But I was talking to my friend today. I told my friend I really need to make up my mind because I've already put a 500.00 deposit and another 2000.00 deposit is due soon. I believe both deposits are nonrefundable. I know for certain the 500.00 deposit is non refundable. My friend was shocked, they just yelled at me and said hell no you're not paying 2500.00 to make someone who is already well off richer and then not even be able to get your money back for no services. It just kind of hit home. The price of my bbl already went up 1000.00 because I didn't lock in the price and I have to pay a 2500.00 non refundable deposit? I love Cortes, I really hate to say anything negative but yeah I think that is a little excessive compared to other doctors policies.

I'm going to keep my mind open and pray about it. Maybe Cortes is the right choice, maybe he is the best? Maybe there is another doctor who is a better choice for me and I will just know it's right inside. Doing research... Any recommendations for doctors in California whose work is comparable to Cortes, Duran or the doctors in Florida?

I'm also still trying to find out how Duran processes and injects the fat, her technique? I want to make sure my fat is going to stay!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Hey girl! I'm scheduled with cortes on 6/5 .... I was only asked to pay a 500.00 non refundable deposit that goes toward my surgery , this deposit locked in my date. After that, I pay dr cortes' fees on May 10 when I go in for a consult and hospital fees on June 4 --- the day before surgery.. There was no 2000.00 fee asked of me ever... Maybe u should call and ask Lucy about that one! Just in case there's some miscommunication somewhere... I would hate for a misunderstanding to be the cause of your unsettling feelings :)
Dr. Cortes does really good work, I'm sure he'll give you good results, but if you want to keep your options open and stay in Cali try consulting with Dr. Hughes, his results are consistent he has a lot of recent reviews and he has some older ones as well, which show the permanency of his results. Plus he does not use drains and only makes two incisions on the front and one in the back. I'm 4 months post and I could not be happier. Good luck!
Are you thinking of going to DR??
Yes, I have been considering Duran but I haven't been able to find out whether her results are long lasting. Do you have any info on that? I'm a little scared of going to DR because I don't speak the language and have never travelled outside the US before.
Please stop by my blog. I have comprised a pixart gallery of quite a few of bbl patients so that you can view a lot of his work in one place. I'm a BIG girl and he carved me out a great waistline. I'm only 9 days out, so I still have a great deal of swelling. Nevertheless, he's VERY aggressive with his lips skills! Best Wishes☆☆☆
Thanks for posting that. I have been checking your blog for updates! You look amazing, can't believe you're wearing heals already! How are you doing that?
Lol! Really can't explain it? It's strange how one day I felt so blah, then I had a super burst of energy!
goodluck:) }
Welcome
Congrats and good luck
Congrats Cortez Doll. .
Hey Hun. I'm scheduled for doctor Cortes in June as well. I also felt a bit rushed while speaking on the phone, but I figure they are just busy. I too wonder if I can feel completely comfortable because I am also an out of state patient. Good luck on your journey. I will be following your story :)
Thank you. I will be following your story as well. I just checked out your review and may I say I think you will have absolutely remarkable results. You already have a beautiful body and curves, I can just tell you're going to look amazing!
Where are you from? And did you have a consult?
Aww I appreciate that Hun. I feel so huge these days lol but I guess I have to save this fat for June :). If you do decide to go with Cortes, I believe he can do the same for you. I'm here if you need support no matter which doctor you choose. They is a life changing process, and we bbl sisters need each other :). Good luck with choosing your doctor Hun
Welcome! Good luck on your journey. It's a big decision but sounds like you're doing lots of research. I've recently decided on Dr. Cortes, myself. I feel like I made the best choice after all of my research. I can't wait to have him work his magic on me!
Yes it is a big decision. I too feel I made the best logical choice, I'm hoping that my heart will confirm this too. Congradulations, I will be following your results!
I'm scheduled for June 13th...so anxious right now!
Don't be anxious! Just make sure you feel right about your doctor and everything that is going to be done.
I really like my doctor. He is very honest and knowledgeable. His office staff is very sweet too. When I have questions, I email the nurse and she answers within a day or so... she also had a lot of work done and she has shown me her scars and shared her stories. I think that he is the one for me, in the US. If I had the courage, I would want to go to the DR. Duran ' s work is of the hook...
That's great! I'm so glad that you feel comfortable with your doctor. I'm still waiting for my heart to tell me that Cortes is the right one for me. I wish I could have an in person consult, it would make my decision so much easier. Based on logic I feel he's a great choice though. I'm so glad you can see your doctors work in person. I too thought of going to Duran but I am too scared of being alone in another country if something goes wrong.
Congrats good luck to u please post pics of your after results. I'm scheduled for August 5th I can hardly wait.
He does skype consults
Cortez is the best. . Good luck with your journey. .
You will love Dr.Cortes's work. I also had surgery with him 2.5 months ago and he gave me incredible hips