I did it with dr. campos!

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl...

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl section for a long time. After researching several doctors from California to across the state I've finally decided on Cortes (for now, unless I get any indication he is not the doc for me). He is pricey but I feel good about his skills and I like the fact that the surgery is done in a hospital.

I scheduled my surgery for the 11th of June. His receptionist was very nice, very helpful. I felt a little rushed by the other person I spoke to (not the receptionist). I understand he is getting quite busy but coming from out of state I really need to know and feel comfortable with the details and I would have appreciated not feeling rushed and be able to ask all the questions I need. I got a little worried about whether I was making the right choice as the staff reflects the doctor imo, hopefully it's just because Cortes is getting so popular they are probably overwhelmed with calls. I still don't know the address of my pre-op. I will have to call back, try to catch them when they are not so busy.

Other than that I am very impressed with Cortes's recent work and I enjoy watching his videos. I have read through the reviews, his patients seems to have gotten a good impression of him and it seems he is known for having a good bedside manner. Hopefully he is the right doctor for me. I'm feeling him 75 percent, waiting for a sign or some indication that he is indeed the right choice. Unfortunately because I am out of state I cannot have an in person consultation which I feel would help me determine better. Skill, artistic, good heart/communication/care towards patients is all vital and equally important imo.

Before deciding on Cortes I did consider Duran and Vanity either Fisher or Hasan. Maybe someone can help me? I'm curious if they use a different technique for fat transfer than Cortes? I watched Dr. Cortes videos, he seems to inject the fat in multiple layers. I wonder if the other docs do the same?

Still undecided

Still not 100% sure of my decision. I wish I had that feeling like I know for sure Dr. Cortes is the one. Based on my logical mind I feel he does an amazing job creating hips and that hourglass. Is he the best at creating hourglass? I'm hearing this. I need to do more research. I wish RealSelf had a thumbnail search option, would make it so much easier to find reviews with before and after pics and keep track of the ones I've already seen.

I am still researching other doctors. I wish I could find someone in California to be honest but I haven't seen many California doctor who are consistent in their results.

I don't want to say anything bad about Cortes. I love what I've seen so far and what I've heard about his bedside manner. I hope it's all true. But I was talking to my friend today. I told my friend I really need to make up my mind because I've already put a 500.00 deposit and another 2000.00 deposit is due soon. I believe both deposits are nonrefundable. I know for certain the 500.00 deposit is non refundable. My friend was shocked, they just yelled at me and said hell no you're not paying 2500.00 to make someone who is already well off richer and then not even be able to get your money back for no services. It just kind of hit home. The price of my bbl already went up 1000.00 because I didn't lock in the price and I have to pay a 2500.00 non refundable deposit? I love Cortes, I really hate to say anything negative but yeah I think that is a little excessive compared to other doctors policies.

I'm going to keep my mind open and pray about it. Maybe Cortes is the right choice, maybe he is the best? Maybe there is another doctor who is a better choice for me and I will just know it's right inside. Doing research... Any recommendations for doctors in California whose work is comparable to Cortes, Duran or the doctors in Florida?

I'm also still trying to find out how Duran processes and injects the fat, her technique? I want to make sure my fat is going to stay!

No longer going with Cortez

Looking for surgery buddy for Dominican Republic mid July or into August. Someone similar to me who is easy to get along with, low drama, supportive. Maybe share recovery room? I have never left the States, really nervous about travelling alone. I am from California/Bay Area. Please inbox me if this sounds like you.

Travel buddy from California to Miami?

Ugh, changed my mind again. i feel like the results are more consistent coming out of Florida doctors. Is anyone going to Florida for bbl in September or October? Any California girls going? Message me. Thanks.

Still can't decide... so confused and frustrated

I'm having the hardest time deciding who to go with. I don't completely have confidence in any of the California doctors. I was considering Fisher in Miami? Now I'm waffling again wondering if I should stay in California for convenience? I was brought to tears today by the confusion, I just want to get this surgery over with but I want it done right. Each doctor has plus and minuses. I figure that the difference in price is around 2000.00 after adding up all expenses and air fare. Do any of you ladies have an opinion? Anyone from California want to chime in? At the moment I'm considering these three:

Bruno: Very nice, lovely staff. Isn't run like a surgery factory, attention and care available for each patient. Uses pure filtered fat and seems very sterile and clean. When he is more aggressive with the lipo his results are amazing and natural at the same time. However there are quite a few realself girls who did not feel he delivered.

Hughes: aggressive lipo, staff a little pushy, seems to have a lot of patients. Most of his patients gave him good reviews.

Fisher: Reasonably priced. Excellent credentials. Seems to have predictable work. Save money. Vanity- sales oriented, staff not always honest and tons of patients?

Anyone else?

I am soo soo confused. I really want to stay in CA if I can but I need to feel confident that the results will be delivered?

i just had bbl w dr campos

Feeling a bit nauseas.. im staying at a recovery hous, because i was nauseas ive been laying on my back. Does anyone know if this is ok? I cant really stand to lay on my tummy right now.

Campos gave me lots of hips actually i hope they go down a littlt. Does anyone know how much of it is swelling the first we week?

this isnt easy

Just letting u ladies know who are considering bbl it not easy. First night my boody n lipo sites are aching n it hard to get comfy also nausea. Hope it gets lots better the next few days.

pixs

Sorry i would write more but im so tired. What u ladies think? Camos said the dent would be hard to fix, its still there.

pic

rough day

Feeling very heavy and swollen in the fat graft sites. Not really sure if it's normal. Just feel very very heavy and swollen. I've been sleeping on my back, no energy to focus on laying on my tummy right now. Very emotional too lots of tears and wondering why I did this cuz the recovery is so hard. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

Campos is amazing, better than many of the surgeons in the US.

Recovery is really tough for me. The laying on my tummy is the hardest part, my neck is sore, I get numb, can't sleep so uncomfortable. However, Campos fixed my body and I'm absolutely amazed. I'm only worried and regretful because I have slept and sat on my butt quite a bit, it was too hard for me with the nausea and discomfort. I hope I get to keep the beautiful shape and fat that Campos put in. I had lipo before from another surgeon that gave me a really unattractive shape, Campos was able to give me curves again. I also have a scar on my belly which due to Campos amazing liposuction skills is now flush against the skin and less noticeable rather than obvious and bumpy as it was before. I didn't even ask for an improvement in the appearance of my scar, it just shows me that Dr. Campos is extremely skilled. I showed Dr. Campos my wish pics, really curvy hourglass, he said he could do 60% but I feel he more than delivered. I look really curvy now and I love the shape he gave me. I hope it stays this beautiful as I heal. There are some areas of dimpling on my lower butt which I wish could have been corrected (Dr. Campos was honest and said that it would be difficult to correct) but overall the shape he gave me is really amazing, no round two for me (this recovery is too rough). He listened to me and was always polite and open to communication. I love his humble yet confident, extremely skilled nature.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I didn't go with Cortes. Lots of bad reviews, felt like it was all about the money and they kept my deposit too. Went with Campos who is a genius.