Can't decide. Girls maybe you can help me out. I am so confused.

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl...

What to say? I've been lurking on realself bbl section for a long time. After researching several doctors from California to across the state I've finally decided on Cortes (for now, unless I get any indication he is not the doc for me). He is pricey but I feel good about his skills and I like the fact that the surgery is done in a hospital.

I scheduled my surgery for the 11th of June. His receptionist was very nice, very helpful. I felt a little rushed by the other person I spoke to (not the receptionist). I understand he is getting quite busy but coming from out of state I really need to know and feel comfortable with the details and I would have appreciated not feeling rushed and be able to ask all the questions I need. I got a little worried about whether I was making the right choice as the staff reflects the doctor imo, hopefully it's just because Cortes is getting so popular they are probably overwhelmed with calls. I still don't know the address of my pre-op. I will have to call back, try to catch them when they are not so busy.

Other than that I am very impressed with Cortes's recent work and I enjoy watching his videos. I have read through the reviews, his patients seems to have gotten a good impression of him and it seems he is known for having a good bedside manner. Hopefully he is the right doctor for me. I'm feeling him 75 percent, waiting for a sign or some indication that he is indeed the right choice. Unfortunately because I am out of state I cannot have an in person consultation which I feel would help me determine better. Skill, artistic, good heart/communication/care towards patients is all vital and equally important imo.

Before deciding on Cortes I did consider Duran and Vanity either Fisher or Hasan. Maybe someone can help me? I'm curious if they use a different technique for fat transfer than Cortes? I watched Dr. Cortes videos, he seems to inject the fat in multiple layers. I wonder if the other docs do the same?
Welcome
Congrats and good luck
Congrats Cortez Doll. .

Still undecided

Still not 100% sure of my decision. I wish I had that feeling like I know for sure Dr. Cortes is the one. Based on my logical mind I feel he does an amazing job creating hips and that hourglass. Is he the best at creating hourglass? I'm hearing this. I need to do more research. I wish RealSelf had a thumbnail search option, would make it so much easier to find reviews with before and after pics and keep track of the ones I've already seen.

I am still researching other doctors. I wish I could find someone in California to be honest but I haven't seen many California doctor who are consistent in their results.

I don't want to say anything bad about Cortes. I love what I've seen so far and what I've heard about his bedside manner. I hope it's all true. But I was talking to my friend today. I told my friend I really need to make up my mind because I've already put a 500.00 deposit and another 2000.00 deposit is due soon. I believe both deposits are nonrefundable. I know for certain the 500.00 deposit is non refundable. My friend was shocked, they just yelled at me and said hell no you're not paying 2500.00 to make someone who is already well off richer and then not even be able to get your money back for no services. It just kind of hit home. The price of my bbl already went up 1000.00 because I didn't lock in the price and I have to pay a 2500.00 non refundable deposit? I love Cortes, I really hate to say anything negative but yeah I think that is a little excessive compared to other doctors policies.

I'm going to keep my mind open and pray about it. Maybe Cortes is the right choice, maybe he is the best? Maybe there is another doctor who is a better choice for me and I will just know it's right inside. Doing research... Any recommendations for doctors in California whose work is comparable to Cortes, Duran or the doctors in Florida?

I'm also still trying to find out how Duran processes and injects the fat, her technique? I want to make sure my fat is going to stay!
Are sure you have the right Dr.Cortes, because I scheduled with him for surgery in July and I only had to pay a $500 deposit. That deposit holds my sx date and I just have to pay in full by my pre-op appt on July 7th. You might wanna double check that.
Hey girl! I'm scheduled with cortes on 6/5 .... I was only asked to pay a 500.00 non refundable deposit that goes toward my surgery , this deposit locked in my date. After that, I pay dr cortes' fees on May 10 when I go in for a consult and hospital fees on June 4 --- the day before surgery.. There was no 2000.00 fee asked of me ever... Maybe u should call and ask Lucy about that one! Just in case there's some miscommunication somewhere... I would hate for a misunderstanding to be the cause of your unsettling feelings :)
Dr. Cortes does really good work, I'm sure he'll give you good results, but if you want to keep your options open and stay in Cali try consulting with Dr. Hughes, his results are consistent he has a lot of recent reviews and he has some older ones as well, which show the permanency of his results. Plus he does not use drains and only makes two incisions on the front and one in the back. I'm 4 months post and I could not be happier. Good luck!

No longer going with Cortez

Looking for surgery buddy for Dominican Republic mid July or into August. Someone similar to me who is easy to get along with, low drama, supportive. Maybe share recovery room? I have never left the States, really nervous about travelling alone. I am from California/Bay Area. Please inbox me if this sounds like you.
Hey! i'm Having Surgery On August 29th. I'm comming from MN, never flew period. So this will be my first time on a plane and out of the country, I'm a very very nice girl & would love to meet you there if you schedule your around the same time as me(:
Where in the Bay Area are u? I replied to your email. ;)
Hey hun good luck with your search I am one of hughes hotties;) hehehe I'm 9 days post and I love my results so far my husband is thrilled and can't wait till we can do the nasty hehehe sorry tmi but I just want to let I know this surgery has boosted my confidence tremendously I feel great out in public now walking with my head high up not worried if I have any love handles or rolls sticking out and I finally have a beautiful booty!!! :)

Travel buddy from California to Miami?

Ugh, changed my mind again. i feel like the results are more consistent coming out of Florida doctors. Is anyone going to Florida for bbl in September or October? Any California girls going? Message me. Thanks.
Good luck! I changed my mind. I think I will probably go to Florida now.
Hey, thanks so much for the advice! It was so helpful. I still may use Campos for some other procedures. I'm starting to chicken out about travelling outside of the country. I'm probably going to go to Florida now. I'm in the East Bay Area.
Yes you are a Hughes hottie for sure! Thanks for the encouragement! You look amazing, nice curves!

Still can't decide... so confused and frustrated

I'm having the hardest time deciding who to go with. I don't completely have confidence in any of the California doctors. I was considering Fisher in Miami? Now I'm waffling again wondering if I should stay in California for convenience? I was brought to tears today by the confusion, I just want to get this surgery over with but I want it done right. Each doctor has plus and minuses. I figure that the difference in price is around 2000.00 after adding up all expenses and air fare. Do any of you ladies have an opinion? Anyone from California want to chime in? At the moment I'm considering these three:

Bruno: Very nice, lovely staff. Isn't run like a surgery factory, attention and care available for each patient. Uses pure filtered fat and seems very sterile and clean. When he is more aggressive with the lipo his results are amazing and natural at the same time. However there are quite a few realself girls who did not feel he delivered.

Hughes: aggressive lipo, staff a little pushy, seems to have a lot of patients. Most of his patients gave him good reviews.

Fisher: Reasonably priced. Excellent credentials. Seems to have predictable work. Save money. Vanity- sales oriented, staff not always honest and tons of patients?

Anyone else?

I am soo soo confused. I really want to stay in CA if I can but I need to feel confident that the results will be delivered?
Have you thought about Salama? I'm a California valley girl (Modesto) who now resides in Texas. I've gotten my bbl from Salama and tummy tuck from Cortes. I'll be honest... I wish I went to Salama for my tummy.
Have you checked Dr. Matthew Schulman? He's in New York a little pricey but consistent and has excellent credentials. You'll find some YouTube videos too. Take your time and don't rush.Good luck ! :-)
I'm in Cali too. So so undecided. Still researching docs also. I'm trying to schedule soon. Then I'll be healed Summer 15
Houston Plastic Surgeon