Not this one, read 2nd review. Dr Cortes is a Thief!!

So my very best friend (more like a sister) and I...

So my very best friend (more like a sister) and I had our consult yesterday. We went to his conroe office. Very nice office, friendly staff, wait time wasn't long at all. She drove from Galveston and I drove from SW Louisiana. My husband and I had tons of questions and he very patiently answered them all. We both paid our $500 dep and scheduled for sept 20.
Just a lil about me... Over the past 7 months I've been on a weight loss journey. Starting at 222 now at 177. I'm 5ft 1/2 inch (that 1/2 in does count :) Dr Cortes told me to maintain only. I was a little bummed about that cause I still feel like I need to lose 20 lbs. I'm a SAHM with 6 children (2 of which are step children) I only say that cause they are not here full time. I have a very supportive husband and I feel like I've worked hard and this will add to my confidence.

Obsessed much?

Ever since I've decided to make this wish a reality I've become obsessed. I have an addictive personality to begin with. I've slowly turned my bad habits to good ones. Overeating to calorie counting, smoking to working out. I like to think that I'm just keeping myself informed, realistic and prepared. But throughout the day I think of the surgery several times. I read blogs, reviews, look at pics. I run through all the "what ifs", I think about how I will look, what I will tell people if they ask, how to deal with family/friends who disapprove. Anyone else in this boat?

Out of towners, post op issues?

So I see a few ladies have had to go back and get cortisone shots and/or new garments because what the initially got didn't fit or compress correctly after surgery weeks after surgery. So for those of us who are traveling what do we do? How do we even know if we need the shots or new garment?

Hope they get this fixed!

At my consult on may 20 I put down $500 and was told I had 4 weeks to pay 30% and the surgery had to be paid off day before pre-op (which I am scheduled for the day before surgery). I asked to make sure since the paper they give you in the info packet said 3 weeks and she said he does give you 4. Well I just called to get the correct amt and the lady informed me no it is 3 weeks and the surgery has to be paid in full 3 weeks before surgery!
I explained that this in NOT what I NOR my friend were told. So I guess someone is going to call me back.

Well that makes sense

Ok so the Dr portion of the fee has to be paid 3 weeks prior to surgery. The hosp portion can be paid the day before surgery.

Quit squats....

I lost 50 lbs!!!! Sorry just needed to scream that. Anyway I workout (cardio and light lifting). 40 mins 5x a week. And I used to do squats like crazy. Everyday 100+. I was doing everything I could think of to build my perfect butt through exercise. Now that I have for sure decided on surgery I completely quit the squats. (Still workout, just quit squats) I guess I'm thinking why put so much focus on what he is just gonna fix anyway or could I even be hindering my results by trying to still workout that area. Anyone else????

Ok it's taboo but...?

I know some ppl consider this subject taboo but its been on my mind. Risk of death. I am struggling with the what ifs? I mean am I willing to DIE to look good? I have a family friend that passed during skin removal surgery. (His was in Mexico) and I guess it just has me freaked out. I know there is a big difference in out of the states and in states doctors. So that helps.
Anyone else willing to share there thoughts? Fears? Comforting words?

What if I have to change me date?

Do I lose the 500$ dep? Or is it just as simple as changing it?

Can you get a TT then a BBL?

I initially planed to get a BBL then a TT but we had an unexpected expense so I'm thinking the TT will have to be first. But I was thinking maybe in a year I could get the BBL. I should be at goal which is 155lbs at 5ft 1/2in. So I'm thinking ill have to gain but I would hate to mess up my TT. Has anyone heard of TT then BBL

"Deep breaths"

Ok so my husband said he thinks we can buckle down SAVE, move the date and get my bbl then my TT 6 months later. Ms Lucy is gonna be so sick of me calling

Who's doing both? TT and bbl?

I copied this from my comment on someone's page, I completely agree with dr Cortes about not having them done at the same time but what decides which one first....... My stomach is rather large with excess apron, at my consult I had lost just under 50 lbs. my highest weight was 222 at my appt I was 177 (5ft 1/2in). Dr Cortes told me not to lose anymore, even though my Goal is 155. He said that he needed the fat to do my bbl. I feel like at 177 after bbl my stomach will still be big and grose and how am I gonna show off my bbl if I refuse to wear tighter pants cause of my stomach that looks like a butt in the front. I am down to 170. But I have until next April til surgery so I'm not stressing. He said to do the bbl then TT. But I'm wondering why? I mean I get not having TT first then having to gain to have bbl but then again having bbl first and still having a big stomach seems crazy too.

I wanna be a loser.....

Lol ok so as I stated before I started at 222 and was at 177 at my consult. Dr Cortes told me to just maintain even though my goal is 155. And I trust him, but at 5ft 1/2 in I still feel so fat. My hubby fusses cause I've lost about 7 more lbs. when my surgery was scheduled in oct I was thinking I could maintain for a few more months til surgery but rescheduling sx til 04/14 that means I have to maintain at a weight I'm not happy with for almost a year. I wanna be a loser... Lol I wanna keep losing. I guess in my head I'll get down to 155 then try to quickly gain a mo before surgery. Any input?

So frustrated....

Havin a harder time putting up the money then I thought I would. I have gone back and forth umpteen times about which to get first. My org plan was bbl then TT. But now I'm thinking TT and then a year or so bbl. The only thing is dr Cortes told me to stay at 178 for bbl. my goal weight is 155. So if I get to goal weight for TT how do I gain after a TT for a bbl?
As you can see I have very excessive sagging. Which keeps me from wearing fitted clothes, which I also think doesn't help the appearance off my butt cause I wear all my clothes lose to hide belly

Side shot for TT ?

$6000 - $8000?

So I've been following a few ladies who've had the TT with Cortes, and their cost range from 6-8k. I was wondering if anyone knows why such a large range?

TT cost more than BBL?.

I'm confused. I keep seeing ppl getting a TT from Dr Cortes for like 6-7000 at the most $8300 but I just switched my bbl to TT and the price went from 9503 to 9591. So a TT for me is more than a bbl? When I asked why they said cause you have to be turned over to lipo back. But so doesn't everyone else? I'm so bummed! Anyone else have a quote from dr cortes for TT?

Ok now i get it

So ms Lucy called me. Love her btw. She explained the difference in price was because TT includes abs back flanks and bbl has those and thighs and arm. When i switched from bbl to TT arms and thighs weren't taken off. So my quote is closer to 8500

Similar body and I'm loving her results!

LiveLoveBelieve

Tummy tuck anyone?

Just wanting to keep in touch with some of dr cortes TT patients

Yes please

Beyond wish pic

Loss of motivation

Over a year I lost 65 lbs then for three months nothing! At first the weight melted off so that kept me motivated. But since the stall I find that no matter if I try hard or hardly try I see not physical difference so I've lost all motivation :(
Side note I've sent in my pics to Dr Cortes a few times to see if he thinks I need to lose more and if so how much before TT. My consult is 2 weeks before surgery and I don't want to go in and have him say I should have been smaller. Or risk not having optimal results because of weight. And two weeks isn't long enough to really make a difference.
Before I get on my soapbox let me be clear... I love Dr Cortes and Ms Lucy. I think his work is some of the best. And Ms Lucy is very nice and always understanding. I only wish he'd possibly hire more staff to answer emails/phone calls. It's disheartening to have questions go unanswered for months, or to be told to send in pics but not get a reply. Some people don't bat an eyelash at 9k but for me, myself and my family are sacrificing SO much just so I can do this. This really is something that my family is "feeling" financially. Something we are really having to SAVE for. I'm blessed that they are so loving and supportive to reward me with this for my hard work. So I'm spending 9k I figure maybe someone can answer an email. I understand his business is booming right now and not everyone has my experience. But personal touch is one of the reasons I chose him. Maybe I'm not pushing enough, cause I don't call every month. I just figure they will be responsible for my very life best to not agitate them.
Once again I'm completely sure this is the surgeon I want. He's the best. Just be prepared to be very patient!

Ready to get busy...

Working out that is.. Oct 2012 I was at 222. By oct 2013 I was down to 159ish but no matter what couldn't get that number to budge so I took dec off and ate everything I wanted and as much as I wanted. I'm now up to 162. Crazy I know. Hardly a change. BUT it gave me the reboost on motivation! So here I come January! Ready to get 30 or so more lbs off!

Hubby is doubting :(

Anyone have this problem? My husband was super supportive in the beginning but now says he's not so sure about this. Says he is scared that he could loose me over vanity. He is terrified something could go wrong. I've assured him over and over how great of a surgeon we have chosen. The benefits of having procedure done in hosp and an overnight stay just gives it that extra safety. HE is having surgery cold feet. Anyone else go through a similar experience?

Just to clarify

Thanks to Mariel for the help. I did get an answer to my email. I appreciate the help :)

Motivation!

Made me a motivation wall...

Realistic wish pic

So here's a side view of my dreaded apron and then me pulling it up to see what I look like underneath all that. I was trying to get a realistic view of what I might look like after surgery. And then in the tights I'm squeezen them buns, hoping a million squats might get me there.
Anyone else do this lol?

Duh

Let's try this again

Removed my pics

Unfortunately I underestimated how easy it is for "outsiders" to get my pics so I am totally willing to inbox anyone but for the mean and inbetween time, they are gone

Smokers?

So were any of you ladies smokers before surgery? I started smoking when I was about 11. Crazy I know. Ive averaged 3 cigs a day for yearssss. I had quit for a few months at the time of my consult so didnt think to ask. But unfortunately started again (about 2 cigs a day) a while back.
I AM TRYING to cut those out too but how far before surgery do you have to be smoke free?

Aaahhh Im freaking out

I have 76 days til my TT. What should I be doing??? I spent so much time freaking about other stuff I havent prepared

Anyone there?

Haven't been getting much love lately and I'm feeling like a basket of worries :(

Grrr

Has anyone else had luck with Dr. Cortes new text system? I sent him some questions via email last week no answer so I text them yesterday morning but still no answer. Like I said before I'm very confident in Dr. Cortes skills but it's very nerve-racking when you cannot get answers to your questions. I'm coming from out-of-state so I'd like to know how many days after surgery do I need to stay in town and how many visits post op I need to expect. Also since I change my procedure early on there were some changes in the billing like to get a corrected bill. Please tell me someone else has had better luck than me

Hey do yall know...

another real self user said that she got to ask the anesthesiologist questions it would be nice if we could do the same but I don't know if we get to talk to our anesthesiologist or is that straight through to the hospital? Should we call them? And has anyone heard of complete nerve damage due to lipo or tummy tuck as far as not being able to feel those areas after?

Let me be clear

Just want to clarify any time that I have spoke to Lucy or anyone in the office they have been polite I just think they need to hire more staff. Failure to communicate over such a huge venture is a scary situation.

Thank you!!!!

A great big thank you to MzPhatBooty. I really needed to talk to someone who has been through and understands. I appreciate our talk

How long do we stay?

Im driving in to have surgery with Dr Cortes (3-4 hrs) and am preparing to book my room. So how long post op should we plan on staying??
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr Cortes was very genuine. He seemed to care about my wants and concerns. He patiently answered all my questions and I had A LOT. I've followed several of his patients and I think his work speaks for itself. I was first concerned that he would not go as big as I'd like due to photos on his site. After following current patients I see he gives each person what they want as long as you are realistic. I also like that his before/after pics show real results due to him taking them once swelling has gone down.