BBL ppointment set. a lil scared about recovery! - Houston, TX

I made my decision today! I'm 43 and I've wanted a...

I made my decision today! I'm 43 and I've wanted a smaller waist all my life, not to mention a rounder bottom. I also have a scar on my left gluteus. Kinda embarrassing. :( I'm excited about the results and super nervous abut the recovery! Any tips about how to shorten recovery and manage the pain would help! I have low pain tolerance. Give it to me straight! :))

Pic

Pic2

Pic4

I took this today. I don't know if you can tell but I have a scar on that side of my cheek. Embarrassing:(

Stubborn belly...

I work out often and still can't get rid of the belly...:(

No turning back on the BBL!!

Today, I gave my down payment! I'm excited and still nervous! 3 1/2 weeks to go!

BBL post op supplies.

Hope all these things work for recovery! Getting prepared! Thank you, for all those that sent me messages!

A scar on my left cheek.

Has anyone had any experience with having a scar/dent that needed to be filled in? This is my primary reason for getting the BBL. You can see it in my pic.

9 more days until my BBL

The date is drawing near! I'm still a lil nervous but more excited! I look at myself and think I'm going to lol different soon! I think I'm prepared for the recovery. I've been eating anything I want! Lol. I'll take a picture soon.

Countdown to BBL

It's getting close. I can't believe I'm doing this! Lol. And pray that everything goes well. I wanted to share some more before pics. I also mesured my waist and butt.
Waist 33. Butt or hip 38. Hoping for 29 and 40. Lol. Don't know that I have enough fat. We'll see. It's got to look better that this.

Had trouble uploading photos.

Tomorrow is the big day!!!!

I can't believe the day is almost here! Please pray that everything goes well. All prayers are welcome:)) I will try to update as soon as I can. I'm spending the night at the hospital so we will see.

Today is the day!

I'm up and excited! I keep thinking of all the different recovery stories and wondering which one mine will be most like! I guess I'll find out later today. Prayers please :))

I'm home now!

Well ladies thank you for all your prayers! Day 2 post op. Super sore. It not so bad. Except that laying on your tummy is not most comfy. I like the result through the garment. I took a bath, not so bad. I haven't taken any pain meds yet. I think I'm going to skip the Vicodin and just do the muscle relaxer and Tylenol :)

Three Day Post Op

Ok here are some pictures! There is still a lot of swelling, but I am very happy with the results so far. Pain management and discomfort is the name of the game! Lots of sleeping but I am getting up every three hours to walk around. Doctor was only able to harvest 400 per cheek.

Fist 5 days...eat, meds, bath, sleep,repeat...

It's been tough, but I thank God for my family, especially my mom and sister. They have waited hand and foot on me. I love the results so far and hope that my rear shape stays even after swelling goes down. I'm also hoping my tummy area won't look lose....I've got it wrapped tight.

I can't stress enough how awesome the Pez has been. sleeping on my sides is not so easy because i can feel that it touches where the doctor injected the fat and i don't want to mess with that. I'm kinda getting use to sleeping on my belly....i guess because there is really no choice....lol.

The biggest goal right now is to STOP TAKING THE MEDS. once i can do that then i know i'm good. :) I've not had the energy to try on any clothes because the waist and booty still hurt to the touch.

i tell ya....what a sacrifice and no regrets yet. Thank you God for seeing me through this vain decision of mine...:)

Dr visit today

He's running late. Still get tired easily. My butt is a little more painful today. Feels heavy, harder and itchy. But at least the Lipo is feeling better. That was the worse part of recovery. Oh and guess what? I started my period! Yaay!! Lol. Great timing. Anyway...
Dr Lapuerta said I was healing beautifully. And that he was going to use my pics for the site. Lol.
I want to thank all off you for the tips, advice , prayers and sympathy. Especially GOD, my mom, sisters. Day 10 is def a better day. Looking forward to more positive results. Haven't taken any pain meds today.

Before and after pics

I hope I don't lose too much since I'm still swollen.

15 days post op

I have been feeling good. No meds other than Tylenol occasionally. The worse part was def the Lipo recovery and the uncomfortable sleeping and not being able to sit. I wear myself out. I have a question ladies...

I'm trying to figure out when massages are recommended? I couldn't imagine anyone touching my in any of the Lipo areas. They are still swollen and very tender. Yet there are areas that seem a little hard and wonder if a massage would help that. Thanks!!

Garment time!

I was amazed at how many garments I was able to collect from my sisters and my mom. Just a tip ladies ask your friends and your family, most ladies have garments that they have purchased in the past to try to shape and slim down and then never wear because they're so comfortable. Well I am using all of them and saved some money. :)

I made it to 1 month! Lol

I can't believe it's been a month. No regrets! Looking back it wasn't that bad. I'm about 80% I think. I still have swelling and numbness. But totally manageable. I'm still not sitting on my bootay. I was only able to get 400 cc per cheek, which is not much. So I'm waiting until it feels totally normal. I still feel some hard areas on my butt. Sleeping on my belly sucks, but not as bad as I thought. It's really mind over matter. Anyway, here are some pics. It's not a JLO but I'm happy that my waist is smaller and the dent (flaw) was corrected. That was my goal and not necessarily a huge butt. I only took pics with clothes. I'll do some skin pics once I see less swelling. Cheers my BBL ladies!!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Very happy with my choice. He took great care of me. Always optimistic and gave it to me straight. He said it was going to be painful but that I could manage, if I follow his instructions. Thank you, Dr. Lapuerta!

You look great!!! Have you taken any recent pictures? I am strongly considering Dr Leo for my bbl and really want to see his results once all the swelling is down. It seems he only uses fat that has the very best at survival, and thus uses less fat. How much fat did you lose since the swelling went down? Any recent pics?
Oops I ment to write 3-31...lol
OMG you look awesome! You look natural not ridiculously huge like some other Dr's results. I have my consultation with Dr Lapuerta on 3-3, so excited. You look great and please keep posting pics! Thanks a bunch!
Omg your shape looks great!! It's natural yet above average. Work that dent free booty, girl!! :D so happy for you, it was definitely a dramatic difference
Thanks, Saraelle! Dent free booty! Lol! Love it!
I like your results hun natural but nice i cant believe you only have 400cc in there.
I know I wish I'd of been at least 600. But I just didn't have that much fat. Still happy with the correction of the dent and the added natural curve:))
your figure looks very natural, enjoy the new you ;)
Thank you!! I like to hear that. :))
You look great hun
Thank! I had two people today tell me, you look fabulous!! Lol. Getting my money's worth! Lol.
Hey girly how are you doing? How's your booty holding up?
Hi!! I'm doing great!! Back at work, stitches take off, and feeling better everyday. Still sleeping on tummy and sitting on boppy, going to stay off of it until it feels totally normal. I've lost some volume, but I'm still happy overall! My waist is smaller, and all the bruising is gone. No regrets. I'll post pics at 1 month post op. How ru???
Sorry for the late reply, been sick. Happy to hear you are doing so well. You look great! 400ccs went a long way for you. Other than fighting the cold I am doing great thanks.
Feel better!!
LOL, you're really taking the garments seriously, good for you! Great tip, I had a few garments myself, so I did save some $. But then I remembered this amazing faja I bought about 10 years ago, unfortunately I gave it away because I lost a lot of weight and no longer needed it, well I finally remembered the name of it this week, went online and bought it, so far the most expensive one I've purchased ($150) but I know it will be worth it, I'm so excited and can't wait to get it. See if you can find more fajas though because these might start feeling lose in a week or 2.
Yes I've read that they should start loosening up. My mom had the bio shaper and I had a few fajas that I couldn't bare. And now im so glad I didn't get rid of them. Lol
You look beautiful! I love your shape! It's very natural but still VERY eye catching. I hope your recovery continues to go as smooth as it has. Xo
Thank you, D'sWifey! It's been quite a journey. No regrets. I'm glad u think it looks natural. That's what I was hoping for. Back to work on Monday and just worried about how ima work at my desk all day without putting pressure on the new ass. Lol. Have the boppy and all the lines ima make up to keep folks from wondering. Lol
How's your first day back??? xo
Not too bad yet challenging. Had to manage not sitting too long and still walking funny oh and takes me a lot longer to go and come back from RR. taking everything off and back on takes a bit. But at least I got through it and tomorrow I'll know what to do better. Thanks for asking!! Can't wait for my second dr visit to take off stitches on Friday! Yaay. Xoxo
You'll feel so much better having the stitches out. Stitches are always irritating. Glad your first day back went well. :)
From what I've seen every dr has different recommendations about massages. I know some drs require like 3 per week right after sx, but my dr does not require them. I think on this particular topic you should ask your dr and follow his recommendation. However, I got my one and only at 1 month post
That makes sense. I will call dr office tomorrow. I'm also seeing info on an ab board to help flatten the belly and smooth it out...:/
I got tired easily up until about a month post op, and my butt still feels sore at times, it's a long healing process but so well worth it. Wow you're going to be a before/after, sounds amazing, but I can see why, you got very nice results. Congratulations!