Bracioplasty - Houston, TX

Had bracioplasty on 5-1-13. I am now 4 months out...

Had bracioplasty on 5-1-13. I am now 4 months out and still pretty sensitive. The scar goes from armpit to elbow and have to Say takes some getting use to. I still wear the compressions whenI know I will be over using (ie: cleaning house) to help with swelling. The scars are still red and raised, but my PS assures me when they turn white they will not even be noticed. So I wait for that day. Until then I wear 3/4 sleeves. I think its a mental thing for me.

Arm Lift Scar

Does anyone feel self concious about their scar in short sleeves? Im generally very confident, but its been 9 months and my scar is still very red. I dont want people to see the scar and question me about what happened. its nobodys business. How can i hide the scar (besides makeup)? i tried that and it just gets all over my clothes. Thank You in advance for any suggestions

Thank you so much for sharing! It's great to see other people on Realself who have had Brachioplasty, and to be able to follow the healing/ results. I'm now 2 weeks out and loving it! I haven't seen my scars yet, they are under steri strips. Eventually, I'll post a better pic, but what a great difference this surgery makes!! Best wishes, and thank you again!!
Do you have any "bunching" at the end of your scars (down by the elbow)? I do, it was "puffy" there and now the puffy is gone but it looks like the skin is pulled as in if you pull a thread and it bunches...2 inches on one arm and maybe 1 inch on the other...I do think this will need to be recut, but this is something that can be done in the PS's office. This is in the area where my drain tubes were, so I think it was just stretched too much...How about you, any areas that are different from the rest?
I don't have any bunching. My drains were in my armpits and I begged him after 3 days to take them out. So he did with the promise that I would keep my arms elevated and I did. Maybe that's why I still have so much swelling...hummm...but after 4 monthsI would think that should be gone. I bet the bunching will relax and resolve over time.
That's what my PS said, but I'm thinking it will eventually need a small re cut...no biggie... I have heard it's common for people to have a redo surgery to get the results they want...I would not want that but a small fix would be okay
Thanks for posting your review. I'm considering this surgery but I'm worried about the down time. Have you had other scars that have healed well? Are you happy with the shape? Would you do it again? Thanks so much for sharing. It really helps other women considering surgery to hear first hand from women like you.
i did the arms 4 months ago on May 1st. i would absolutely do the arms again. my PS took 2lbs of fat and skin off each arm. and now they are shapely and muscular looking. the scar goes from armpit to elbow but i can deal with that. the scars are still very sensitive to the touch, but it does not stop me from getting things done. now i am waiting for the scars to turn white