30 Year Married Woman- Getting a Rhinoplasty - Houston, TX

I always thought I looked a little masculine,...

I always thought I looked a little masculine, especially as I got older-late 20's. So, I approached my husband when I turned 30 and asked if I can get a rhinoplasty. My date is Aug 28, 2014 at 9:30 am.
Very excited! I have a small hook and a bump on bridge, and my nose is a little crooked from the front.

T minus 20 days

20 days till surgery. On aug 13 I go for my pre-op. I googled my surgery facility, and I think it's beautiful inside. They have a nice recovery room, at least I think it's a recovery room. Well, I must say it is hard to concentrate on anything else except my surgery coming up. I ran a at home business with my husband, so my husband is anxious for this surgery to be over with so I can get my head back to business :)
Question, for anyone who likes to workout how long till you started to lift heavy weights- 2-6 weeks I assume.. Speaking of working out I am about to go lift with my hubs right now.

Pre op appointment tomorrow

Tomorrow is my pre op appointment. 2 more weeks until my surgery. I am super busy with work, so thank goodness my surgery coordinator, Michelle called me to remind me. Nice woman:-). I am excited, anxious, nervous, happy, a little scared. I can't wear make up to my surgery, which sucks because I gave bad acne and acne scars... Kinda of embarrassing. I'm wondering if I can wear cover up make up and just wash my face when I am in the back before surgery.. Kinda of a silly worry for a big day.. I will keep you u

*updated

*updated

Preop visit today

I went to my preppy visit today. All went good, my dr took some more pics and I got my meds filled. I was wondering if any of y'all bought Vaseline, peroxide and q tips for nose cleaning-also did you guys buy saline spray at cvs. It's says in my instructions i just am scared:-). Also, I was wondering of any of y'all who work out and follow a strict diet- we're y'all able to eat the strict diet after surgery- or did y'all just endure in soft foods- which were healthy. As far as brushing teeth how did y'all brush teeth.. I was told to brush upper teeth with a washcloth with toothpaste-funny right? Try not to smile or purse lips for 10 days, apply lipstick/Vaseline with a lip brush. Was it hard to drink out of a glass. Well, the countdown continues. I will update y'all soon.

Better pics of my nose profile

Hey guys,

I just wanted to upload some closer pics of my nose profile. I hope you can see what I see.. I have a small bump, my nose is a little crooked on the left and my tip is slightly squared shape...
I am going to have these minor things fixed. Expensive, but most likely worth it.

Post op

Well I finally went through it.

Uneven nostrils on day 4

So today my nostrils are uneven. My right is more swollen than my left. They have been the same size until today. Also swelling was the worse today though . It is a rough Labor Day. On the right side of my throat has a huge ulcer in the back of my mouth that popped up today. Feels like a bad toothache/canker sore. I know this is from the tube when I was put under. Question... Anyone had uneven swelling on nostrils on day 4? Let me know please. I am so paranoid. My surgeon is taking off my cast this Wednesday. I called his after hours and left a message,
Hopefully he will call me today.

9 days post op

Hey ladies,

Sorry i been longating my update. Work takes up most of my time. Last weekend I felt horrid from the sore throat from the tube down my throat, the swelling, the pain pills made me too loopy, and extremely emotional. I stopped taking my pain pills 3 days ago and I feel like myself again. :-). I went and got my cast off last Wed. I was allergic to the glue and steri tape do I have a rash on my nose. I'm putting hydrocortisone and it's going away. When I went last Wed. To remove my cast I Waldo had to get some plastic stuff out of nose. I started crying and felt mucus run down my face. I thought it was blood and I think I overreacted due to the pain pills and just being emotional from the outcome of my nose. I had to explain to my surgeon I was crying because I thought I was bleeding down my face when he took out the plastic things in my nose. :-). Funny event at his office was because of me :-). I love my new nose. I am still swollen because I went to see him yesterday to get my stiches removed and he said I'm swollen a little so I have to gety stiches out this Wed. My nose looks like a little button nose. I am so happy I chose Dr Siegel! He is professional, calm, sweet natured Dr. with an amazing talent for faces. I am uploading some pics today as well. Also, I notice I have darker circles under my eyes than usual. I read this is normal after rhinoplasty and usually goes away in 6-12 weeks. In some cases it can take up to 12-18 months to go away. Crazy! They say it's blood that us trapped under the eyes. Also, I am walking about 2 miles a day since last Wed. I got the okay from my surgeon about taking supplements for working out. He said I can do some light workouts starting Monday, and to not start lifting heavier until 10 more days from today. So I excited to get back in the gym with my husband. He misses his gym partner- ME! :-).
I will keep u guys updated soon! Thanks y'all and have a safe and good weekend!

*waldo- *I was told I

*do I have a rash-*so I have a rash

13 days post op

Well I am still swollen, mainly my bridge, tip. Still em waiting for all swelling to subside. I feel a small bump when I run my finger down my bridge but I heard that is normal, and it's callus growing over the healing bone. I am very careful around my nose, I accidentally walked my nose with a towel last Sunday but my surgeon said I'm fine unless I get whacked in the nose real hard. I'm very careful. :-). I go back and see my surgeon in 6 weeks :-). Happy Friday!

*em-*am. *walked-*whacked

This spell check is annoying on small iPhones screens. :-)

Also...

Also, I just want to let you guys know it's normal to have my nose look bigger than when I first had my cast taken off. The cast was holding the swelling down. I see my bridge is way more swollen now my dr does not use tape on my nose because my surgery was not complicated. I do notice more swelling in my bridge than when my cast first came off last Thursday. :/ my tip is not as swollen as before last Thursday but my bridge is more swollen.

1 more thing

My bridge is swollen that 3/4 of my profile and I don not like that profile side either... At least not yet. :-)
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful staff members, very experienced facial plastic surgeon. Super nice, professional, and pleasant