Great Mommy Makeover - Houston, TX

My pregnancy belly was pretty large and my muscles...

My pregnancy belly was pretty large and my muscles would not work correctly (even after many situps). I wanted to correct my muscle wall and get rid of extra fat. I also breastfed for 15 months so that took a toll on my already small breasts. I was interested in a lift, but given the size, we decided on an implant as well.

Houston Plastic Surgeon

He performed a "mommy-makeover" breast lift, breast implants, and tummy tuck w/lipo. The consultation and the entire process was smooth. He answered all questions and has great bedside manners. His staff is great as well. His office is centrally located and easy to get to.

Sounds like you had the works! What was your healing process like?

Thanks for sharing your story here on RealSelf. Every bit of info you can give helps other ladies looking to go through a Mommy Makeover!

I took a week off work and planned ahead to have my TV & books in my room to entertain. My tummy was pretty tight so it was hard to breath and sleep at first. My husband took days off and was helping me keep the meds schedule, bring/help with anything I needed.I had a tower of about 5 pillows to sleep and some other ones to elevate my feet. I used the pain medication from the doctor for about 3 or 4 days constantly. Then only at night for a few more days. Thankfully I had no complications and was able to be back "up and running" within 2 weeks. Of course I started everything slow and worked from there. There were several routine follow ups with the doctor's office throughout the coming year.
I am suppose to do a consult w/him & was wondering if you could tell me how your results are. Is the tuck scar low,all scars barely noticeable,how is the look of the belly button & would you recommend him,thanks!
It's now been 3 years. I'm happy with my results. The tuck scar is low and soft. The doctor will base the line based on your hip bone and go from there. The scar itself is more red at the beginning with with time it blends in with your skin tone. It will never be "invisible". The belly button is about the same, the scar area is a bit darker tone from skin tone, but soft and not too noticeable. It all has to do with how well your own body heals. The doctor will show you several before/after pictures for you to compare. Someone I know decided to get a mini-tuck with a different physician and even after the surgery she still has a bit of soft belly sticking out. That didn't happen with Dr. Steely. I would recommend him to anyone!
thanks for getting back to me....my sister used him for her mini tuck so thats why I planned to use him as well because her scar is almost non existent & lower than either of our c-section scars...my biggest fear is the belly button result in shape & scaring...I seen a result on here that really scares me & them having to pay more for a revision,plus I have went back & forth w/his nurses & was given 2 different prices then did an online consult & it went up again (for the 3rd time) so I dont what to think. Do you know if he does the online himself or if its his nurse? I was trying to get a better idea of money needed before the in person consult but as you can see had no luck doing so because there's a $7,000 difference in the quotes!Thanks so much for the info.
As you saw in my original post, I had a lot of stuff done in one day. The surgery lasted a long time, so the doctor does take his time working on each patient. If your sister was a patient, I wouldn't look further. You have your own sibling to give you recommendation. I would value this experience highly compared to another doctor who you may not know. I doubt that the quote given was done by him. There is a lady there that deals with finances, I imagine it was probably her. You will probably not get a true quote until he examines you and knows exactly what you want, etc. They will provide you with some finance options (3rd party financing) as well as a discount if you pay cash. I ended up using one of my credit card offers 0%financing for many months and cashed a check against the credit card in order to pay cash and get the discount on the surgery. Also, I had a consult about 4 months before finally making the decision of the surgery and the price quoted didn't change. Having said that, this may be a good time of year to get your surgery. On some of the follow ups, the doc told me a lot of people want to "refresh" before Christmas and he's very busy those last few months of the year. Good luck.
this is true as far as my sister recommending him & she also sd it probably wasnt him doing the est either. It just had me really confused. I do plan to have surgery sometime in jan,put at least half down & going through care credit if need be. Would love to be healed & ready by summer :) Thanks for your help!