NOT What I Expected, and NOT What I Paid for - Houston, TX

I went to consultation for smart lipo on my...

I went to consultation for smart lipo on my abdominal area and did my research and its funny when you look up Smart Lipo all you see is positive stuff and once something goes wrong all you see is negative. Well here is my story....

I am a fit 30 yr old standing at 5'3 and 115 lbs and wanted a Kelly Rippa stomach and ended up getting a Tara Reid stomach :-( It has only been a little over 2 weeks so maybe I am jumping the gun with the results but my stomach is disgusting to look at so far and I am beyond disappointed.

The pros so far is yes my stomach has a tighter feel, so tight that it actually hurts when I stand up...That is the ONLY pro.

Cons? The list goes on!

First let me tell you about my biggest complaint. That is the fat roll looking ridge thing above my belly button. Its soft on the outside and when you press it its a little painful and more hard. I read and was told from my pics that its "scar tissue" but I obviously have no clue and have to listen to the professionals. I havent gone in to my checkup appt its in Sept but this lumpy roll isnt going away at all and if anything I believe it is getting worse. I was pretty thorough in my questions and asked anything and everything and lumps were NEVER mentioned. Instead he showed me a pic of a girl with a flat, taut UNLUMPY stomach and said my results would be like that. Hmmm...he shouldve showed me a pic of Tara Reid after her botched job. Any feedback from others on this site would be greatly appreciated.

Well i talked to a nurse at their office today and...

well i talked to a nurse at their office today and she said without seeing it in person its hard to say but it looks like fat left over...

Had a revision surgery OCT 6 and does NOT look better!

Had a revision surgery OCT 6 and does NOT look better!

Worst decision of my life. this dr has no idea...

worst decision of my life. this dr has no idea what hes doing and will lie to your face about his expertise on smart lipo. i do NOT recommend him.

Ok so its been over a year since my surgery and i...

ok so its been over a year since my surgery and i decided i would go ahead and post new pics. overall, i would NOT recommend this surgery to someone that is in their ideal weight range. you can still see some waviness and you cant see in the pics, but the upper abdominal, above the belly button is still uneven.

Starting abs this week, ill keep it updated and...

starting abs this week, ill keep it updated and see if diet and abs will change the appearance or the waviness or not.

109/110 lbs and my stomach is STILL wavy. keep in...

109/110 lbs and my stomach is STILL wavy. keep in mind i have a crappy blackberry camera so you cannot really see the uneveness in the pic. my stomach also looks unnatural, when has anyone ever seen a stomach that looks like that? i havent!!!!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I say poor because I was not warned of the possibility of this outcome at all after I had asked over and over and was told how easy this procedure was and apparently bad outcomes are not even heard of in his office. I feel like I was duped. If it gets better then Id change this to an average rating.

oops that was my other handle LOL thanks everyone for the comments, especially botched beauty who was such a sweetheart when i was going through this!!! i do NOT recommend this surgery at all, it was NOT worth it at all! I had maybe unrealistic expectations, but only because the DR said they were very possible. i posted my pics in order to help anyone considering this surgery and have a look at the pics the dr wont show you, a real hot mess of a situation!!! i am now down to 109/110 lbs and my stomach is still wavy and uneven. my belly button is too tight so it sticks out almost like a weird outtie but still an innie...i hope my pics can be of help to you in making a decision on this surgery. have a wonderful day everyone :-)
thanks everyone for the comments, especially botched beauty
I cant wait till this part passes, on my part..! I think its to soon for me to start working out cause I'm still in somewhat pain. U look great, keep working hard to achieve ur goals..
Looks much better than the first surgery. ^_^ Great progress. I hope you reach the desired result soon.
i have a small lump in the same place and i have been rubbing it down everyday. I was told to start Lymphatic massages. Ouch..! I looked up some videos on you tube about it but of course I couldn't find much. I have been so nervous about doing this and now that i did it, i really didn't know what i was putting myself threw. I just have to give it time and wait and see.. U look Great btw.. :)
You had a beautiful stomach before lady, I just wanted to tell you that you were beautiful the way you were. :) im sorry the tummy job went so horribly for you. Im glad you got it fixed tho!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Miss Waterperry, you misunderstood my intentions. Perhaps you don't understand the importance of telling a woman how beautiful she is when in her natural state of being. As women, we admire all things beautiful and strive to be such ourselves. What we often miss is the fact that we are already beautiful! A woman's body is living art and like poetry when it is in motion. It is not my words that will make her feel bad, it will be yours. Your words are venomous, their negativity will remain in anyone's mind who reads them. My words had pure intentions, meant to bring out the best in the situation at hand.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

She's just being an internet troll because it might bring her some odd form of satisfaction. Some people are just so easily offended or annoyed, they're hardly worth acknowledging.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Please do continue to prove my point by wasting YOUR time replying to me. I could do this ALL day!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Well I think you look great!
thanks i wish i thought so too :-(
Look much better. Did any type treatment worked for u after the surgery? Am having similar problem any suggestion is apriciated. Thanks
well what i had to do was do a high protein diet and also dabbled in carb counting and then HIIT cardio and lots of HIIT weight lifting too. Its still not normal but now that I have very little fat I'll try doing abs and hopefully they can pop out and help disguise some of it.
Looks a lot better!
Thanks but still a ways to go!!!
Your Dec 15 pic looks quite good... sexy if I may be so blunt.
awwww thanks :) (blushing)
It looks like you might have had too much fat removed. You might want to gain some weight, then after a while, tone up. Don't look to magazine covers and celebrities for perfection, they will LIE to you everytime. Everyone's abs are different, but they should also have contours. I'm still not sure what you were trying to do to your belly in the pre-op, you looked great.