Rhinoplasty, June 2012, Houston, TX...I did it!!!

This review has been in the works for awhile now....

This review has been in the works for awhile now. My rhinoplasty journey started years ago. I am happy with my features, but I have always wanted a nose that functions and looks better. I want a nose that blends in, not stands out. My main concerns are 1)hump on nose 2)bulbous tip 3)slightly crooked 4)breathing, allergies and sinus issues.

I plan to have my surgery this summer. I have not rushed my search to find the right doctor. I'd rather be patient, rather than have a bad experience. I have been very thorough in learning about this whole process and I hope my reviews help you out.

These reviews are in order from most recent visits to the oldest. PLEASE REMEMBER, these reviews are soley my opinion. What may not work for me, might be perfect for you. It's like finding a (nose) mate! Here goes...

Dr. Fred Bressler-

Pros/Cons: TBD consultation scheduled in March

Dr. Etai Funk ~going for a 2nd consult in March

Pros: answered all my questions/concerns, very friendly, extremely thorough when examining the nose (inside & outside of nose), sweet office staff, accomodating, great computer imaging skills, great before/after pics, very patient and calm, good sense of humour, mailed me a letter with a friendly note & prescription in it for my allergies (note was hand-written- nice gesture)

Cons: need to see more before/after pics, not as experienced incomparison to other docs I've met, haven't read a lot of reviews on him

Dr. Raghu Athre

Pros: very personal, ONLY doctor who has ever called me personally to answer questions and schedule appointments, informative, patient, nice office

Cons: not as experienced, poor computer imaging skills (in my case), didn't have a lot of before/after pics available, seemed upset when I decided to continue my search (which is understandable)

Dr. Russell Kridel ~going for a 2nd consult in March

Pros: very informative doctor and staff, gave me a folder with a wealth of info, very friendly and warm, accomodating office staff, tons of before/after pics, very experienced, explained everything carefully and patiently

Cons: very expensive, very busy, fellow does the imaging-not the doctor

Dr. Michel Siegel ~had 2 consultations with him

Pros: nice person, modern office, good reviews online, smart, good computer imaging skills

Cons: didn't ask too many questions about what I wanted/needed functionally/aesthetically, not the most professional office staff, felt rushed, not a lot of before/after pics available during my consultation, office staff/doctor unprepared for consultation (couldn't recall why I came..that scared me away), doctor was too quiet (I felt like I was imposing on his time), saw 2 real-life patients who seemed to have a pinched look (but they might have wanted it that way)

Dr. Eisemann

Pros: intelligent & informative, helped prescribe meds for some skin issues (as a courtesy), computer imaging, experienced

Cons: read too many negative reviews online, long-wait time in office, too busy, just didn't get a good vibe (my opinion) Saw 1 other doctor years ago. I can't even recall their names. They charged fees for the consultation and didnt even have digital imaging available in their office. Safe to say, I didn't go back.

I hope these reviews have helped in some small way. I will keep you posted on my journey. Good luck to all of you on your journies! Thanks for reading my story.

Dr. Fred Bressler Pros: patient, very...

Dr. Fred Bressler
Pros: patient, very experienced, a lot of before/after pics, very friendly, great staff, very easy to talk to, very informative and answered all my questions in detail
Cons: Nothing really negative..even though he didnt do the actual imaging- he sat with me and explained the entire picture in detail

I have seen MANY Houston doctors. And after carefully visiting and researching all these physicians- I have chosen Dr. Russell Kridel for my surgery. I am very excited and nervous! I will be having my surgery in June 2012.

My decision was based on the overall feeling I got with Dr. Kridel and his staff. Although he is very expensive, he is extremely experienced and knowledgeable. And his staff was very friendly and helpful!

I will keep you all posted on my surgery pre/post journey!

My main concerns about my nose are: bulbous tip,...

My main concerns about my nose are: bulbous tip, droops down, small hump and slightly crooked. Along with the aesthetic wish list, I also have some breathing, sinus and allergy issues. These issues cannot be “fixed” completely, but this surgery will definitely improve my breathing and sinuses. I am very excited and also very nervous. Please keep me in your positive thoughts! This website and its members have been very helpful and informative. I hope to also help anyone on their journey by sharing mine! Thanks for reading!

Updates, complete doctor's rating & pictures to come …

Sorry for the delayed response! ITS BEEN A CRAZY...

sorry for the delayed response! ITS BEEN A CRAZY WHIRLWIND!!
first of all, anyone who says that this surgery is a breeze is either lying or superwoman!

I am happy with the results-- but i need to foreworn--this surgery does take an emotional and physical toll on you. The emotional toll is definitely larger than the physical. NO MATTER HOW MUCH you prep yourself.. it is still hard to see your face swollen, bruised and in bandages. BE PATIENT..YOUR NOSE WILL NOT LOOK LIKE WHAT YOU HAD SEEN OR THOUGHT RIGHT AFTER YOUR SURGERY..IT WONT LOOK RIGHT for some time. BUT in time (in my case a couple of months), everything starts to look good. I promise!! DONT PANIC :) (i did at times..hahah) Surround yourself with GOOD friends and family that will take care of you!

PLEASE- take time to review surgeons. I was very lucky to be in great hands. And, even with such experts taking care of me- I still went on rollercoaster ride.

Please drop me a line if you have any questions! I am very happy that I did this! And, I am evern happier that I took my time to choose a decent, qualified surgeon and office staff!!

pictures will be posted soon!
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

After a careful and lengthy search, I chose Dr. Kridel as my surgeon. He is very qualified, experienced and had many pictures for me to see. I also liked his staff and how they treated me. I will complete my ratings of him and his staff after my surgery! So far, so good!