Rhinoplasty, June 2012, Houston, TX...I did it!!!

This review has been in the works for awhile now....

This review has been in the works for awhile now. My rhinoplasty journey started years ago. I am happy with my features, but I have always wanted a nose that functions and looks better. I want a nose that blends in, not stands out. My main concerns are 1)hump on nose 2)bulbous tip 3)slightly crooked 4)breathing, allergies and sinus issues.

I plan to have my surgery this summer. I have not rushed my search to find the right doctor. I'd rather be patient, rather than have a bad experience. I have been very thorough in learning about this whole process and I hope my reviews help you out.

These reviews are in order from most recent visits to the oldest. PLEASE REMEMBER, these reviews are soley my opinion. What may not work for me, might be perfect for you. It's like finding a (nose) mate! Here goes...

Dr. Fred Bressler-

Pros/Cons: TBD consultation scheduled in March

Dr. Etai Funk ~going for a 2nd consult in March

Pros: answered all my questions/concerns, very friendly, extremely thorough when examining the nose (inside & outside of nose), sweet office staff, accomodating, great computer imaging skills, great before/after pics, very patient and calm, good sense of humour, mailed me a letter with a friendly note & prescription in it for my allergies (note was hand-written- nice gesture)

Cons: need to see more before/after pics, not as experienced incomparison to other docs I've met, haven't read a lot of reviews on him

Dr. Raghu Athre

Pros: very personal, ONLY doctor who has ever called me personally to answer questions and schedule appointments, informative, patient, nice office

Cons: not as experienced, poor computer imaging skills (in my case), didn't have a lot of before/after pics available, seemed upset when I decided to continue my search (which is understandable)

Dr. Russell Kridel ~going for a 2nd consult in March

Pros: very informative doctor and staff, gave me a folder with a wealth of info, very friendly and warm, accomodating office staff, tons of before/after pics, very experienced, explained everything carefully and patiently

Cons: very expensive, very busy, fellow does the imaging-not the doctor

Dr. Michel Siegel ~had 2 consultations with him

Pros: nice person, modern office, good reviews online, smart, good computer imaging skills

Cons: didn't ask too many questions about what I wanted/needed functionally/aesthetically, not the most professional office staff, felt rushed, not a lot of before/after pics available during my consultation, office staff/doctor unprepared for consultation (couldn't recall why I came..that scared me away), doctor was too quiet (I felt like I was imposing on his time), saw 2 real-life patients who seemed to have a pinched look (but they might have wanted it that way)

Dr. Eisemann

Pros: intelligent & informative, helped prescribe meds for some skin issues (as a courtesy), computer imaging, experienced

Cons: read too many negative reviews online, long-wait time in office, too busy, just didn't get a good vibe (my opinion) Saw 1 other doctor years ago. I can't even recall their names. They charged fees for the consultation and didnt even have digital imaging available in their office. Safe to say, I didn't go back.

I hope these reviews have helped in some small way. I will keep you posted on my journey. Good luck to all of you on your journies! Thanks for reading my story.

Thank you for starting your story here on RealSelf! I'm sure this is going to be SO helpful for a lot of folks.

OMG! Thank you soo much for posting this. It is really helpful. You have seen A LOT of doctors! I also have crooked nose, breathing problems, and a hump, & worst of all my nose points downward (droopy tip). I might consider a consultaion with Dr Funk. Back when i went to see Bressler, Dr Funk was working with him.. So i believe Dr Funk would be a good doctor cause dr bressler does really good work.

PROS for Dr Bressler: LOTS of experience, he showed me tons of before & after pictures, they all look great. He was very nice & calm, kinda quiet though. The staff was also very nice and well prepared.

CONS: His nurse did the imaging, asked what i liked & didnt like about my nose, & explained the pre & post op processes.

My PROS for Dr Athre: he really is very personal, very informative, made be feel comfortable, he knows A Lot about noses, he said it was his favorite and most common surgery. He spent almost 2hrs with me for my consultation & i did not feel rushed at all. Staff was nice.

CONS: there werent alot of before & after pictures. & most pictures are 1-2 weeks after surgey, so paitents are still verrrryy swollen, so you cant really tell what the true result looks like.

I think before & after pictures should be a main factor of what the decision is made on. But you have to think about what if you dont like the result but the person wanted their nose that way?? Also, Price shouldnt really be a factor at all although in my case it somewhat is. I cannot pay for a $10,000 nose job.. But I would not go for a doctor just cause he is the cheapest..

Dr. Fred Bressler Pros: patient, very...

Dr. Fred Bressler
Pros: patient, very experienced, a lot of before/after pics, very friendly, great staff, very easy to talk to, very informative and answered all my questions in detail
Cons: Nothing really negative..even though he didnt do the actual imaging- he sat with me and explained the entire picture in detail

I have seen MANY Houston doctors. And after carefully visiting and researching all these physicians- I have chosen Dr. Russell Kridel for my surgery. I am very excited and nervous! I will be having my surgery in June 2012.

My decision was based on the overall feeling I got with Dr. Kridel and his staff. Although he is very expensive, he is extremely experienced and knowledgeable. And his staff was very friendly and helpful!

I will keep you all posted on my surgery pre/post journey!

Also, has anyone heard any reviews, good or bad, on Dr. Franklin Rose in Houston???
Hello! I am considering Rhinoplasty and I'm at a standstill bc i can't make a decision on who to go with. I've only had one consultation so far and this was with Raghu Attre...I thought he was very personable and made me feel very comfortable (I do agree with the poor computer imaging skills but I don't want to hold this against him b/c he did the computer imaging pretty quickly). My one concern was what someone else said in their earlier post and this was that most of the before and after pics looked exactly the same...I want to look natural but I don't want to pay $8k to see no difference at all.

I just sent in profile pictures to Dr. Kridel's office for a virtual rhinoplasty consultation and i'm waiting to here back from someone about that as long as cost for procedure.

I was wondering a couple things:

1.) How much did Dr. Kridel charge for the rhinoplasty?
2.) Were you super happy with your Rhinoplasty results??
3.) Was he able to schedule your surgery right away once you decided to proceed or did you have to wait months for an appointment?

Any other information everyone could provide would be wonderful! Before and After pictures appreciated as well....I'm pretty excited to do this procedure but I'm worried that I won't get the results i'm looking for.

Thanks!
Hi JenBunny!

First, my surgery is scheduled for June 2012- so I will keep you posted on my results.

1) Dr. Kridel charges high for his consultation $125+, but if you choose him- it applies to your surgery cost.

2) My surgery is in June 2012. But i chose him because I loved his expertise and his pictures- he has a lot of experience! and has done 1000s of nose jobs.

3) He's a lot busier than most surgeons I have met, but we did find a good day/time to meet and for the surgery. Just call his office, rather than emailing. Emails may be delayed. They are a busy office (but I guess thats a plus too...)

4) I STRONGLY URGE that you meet at least 3 docs. ..never make a decision on the doc unless you sleep on it! :)

5) Although I am happy with my surgeon- I am also nervous. I think its completely natural for you to be worried. But you need to find a surgeon who makes you the most comfortable and also has the pictures, results and experience you want.

I wish you the best! Read my review for feedback on more Houston Docs! Thanks! I hope I helped!

My main concerns about my nose are: bulbous tip,...

My main concerns about my nose are: bulbous tip, droops down, small hump and slightly crooked. Along with the aesthetic wish list, I also have some breathing, sinus and allergy issues. These issues cannot be “fixed” completely, but this surgery will definitely improve my breathing and sinuses. I am very excited and also very nervous. Please keep me in your positive thoughts! This website and its members have been very helpful and informative. I hope to also help anyone on their journey by sharing mine! Thanks for reading!

Updates, complete doctor's rating & pictures to come …

Your post was very helpful, thanks! If you don't mind me asking, how much was your surgery going to be with Dr. Funk? I am thinking about scheduling a consult with him and am just wondering what his price range is. I don't want to waste my time consulting with him if he's going to be way out of my budget
Siegel was originally on my list of Doc's to visit, but I decided not to go once I realized he wasn't covered under my insurance. I did visit Dr. E Alford who was very nice, but the desk lady in his office was so rude to me I almost walked out before I even got to meet him..
Did you visit Dr. Siegel?

Sorry for the delayed response! ITS BEEN A CRAZY...

sorry for the delayed response! ITS BEEN A CRAZY WHIRLWIND!!
first of all, anyone who says that this surgery is a breeze is either lying or superwoman!

I am happy with the results-- but i need to foreworn--this surgery does take an emotional and physical toll on you. The emotional toll is definitely larger than the physical. NO MATTER HOW MUCH you prep yourself.. it is still hard to see your face swollen, bruised and in bandages. BE PATIENT..YOUR NOSE WILL NOT LOOK LIKE WHAT YOU HAD SEEN OR THOUGHT RIGHT AFTER YOUR SURGERY..IT WONT LOOK RIGHT for some time. BUT in time (in my case a couple of months), everything starts to look good. I promise!! DONT PANIC :) (i did at times..hahah) Surround yourself with GOOD friends and family that will take care of you!

PLEASE- take time to review surgeons. I was very lucky to be in great hands. And, even with such experts taking care of me- I still went on rollercoaster ride.

Please drop me a line if you have any questions! I am very happy that I did this! And, I am evern happier that I took my time to choose a decent, qualified surgeon and office staff!!

pictures will be posted soon!

Hi... Your nose looks great! So far one of the best I've seen here.. He did a great job.
Hi! I have had a consultation with Siegel and Bressler so far and on Monday will have a third with consultation, first time appt. though, with Funk. I have contemplated making one with Kridel because of mixed reviews (mainly pricing, and some mentioned some arrogance and other minor things as such). I am hoping to schedule my surgery within the next month or so and would like to make a confident decision! Being a very detail-oriented person that asks tons of questions, I feel like I won't be 110% with whomever I choose, just because they can't promise the outcome, no matter the pictures they've shown or the conversations had. Any advice on your experiences? I appreciate the input so far! :) Great results, too!
I am hoping dr Kridel can fix a severe saddle deformity and turbinectomy bc I cant breathe, and snore horribly :/ my BCBS will cover very little for the necessary part. plz....any idea what Kridel charges for graft work? my bridge is non existent, ill need cartilage graft. ty so much! gorgeous result!
Dr. Russell Kridel

After a careful and lengthy search, I chose Dr. Kridel as my surgeon. He is very qualified, experienced and had many pictures for me to see. I also liked his staff and how they treated me. I will complete my ratings of him and his staff after my surgery! So far, so good!