Restylane Under Eyes - Houston

Ok I finally did it! I have terrible bags under my...

Ok I finally did it! I have terrible bags under my eyes and wanted to try restylane to fill out the "rut" She reccomended a full syringe under each eye but i was hesitant and she said lets try half. So we did and I wish I would have gotten a full one but I can go back ( I bought 2 syringes at better cost than individual) It didnt hurt at all, my left eye is swollen but right eye isnt. The swollen eye looks better haha. I will post updates and answer questions.

3 days later, still have a black eye and still...

3 days later, still have a black eye and still wish I would have gotten another syringe put in, one was def not enuf.

Went back friday..she suggested we switch to...

Went back friday..she suggested we switch to juevederm and I said ok. We added 1.5 syringes (3/4 ea eye) I can see big change.but still not a much as i want. My ruts are bad, she said moving the fat pads would have best results , but I'm not ready for that. For now I will be happy with fillers :)

Ok its Feb 24th..heres pictures from before, then...

ok its Feb 24th..heres pictures from before, then I did 1/2 syring restylane under each eye then a month later 3/4 juvederm under each eye So in total theres 1.25 syringes under each eye

Oh gosh i look exactly like u on the picture.Everyone keep on asking:why dont i sleep enough?The truth is its a genetic and i am fed up listening that for40years..i have to do something about it!┬Čthnx for sharing with us..
Hi Kim, I went to Dermatouch RN on 1960 and close to 249. I actually ended up getting lower eyelid surgery yesterday! I have made a review and it should be posted later today under eyelid surgerys. Not sure if your battling bags or another issue..Lots of research will lead you the right way! :)
Hi LoriB I know its been a while--but do you still recommend Dermatouchrn? Also your eye surgery looks great. Thanks
Yes I do. Fillers weren't the answer to my problem but I think they do good work there.
Thanks for replying--its hard to know who to go to! Good to know that it doesn't always have to be a PS to get good work. Thanks
Hey Lori
I'm in Houston too and I've been researching the Restalyn under the eye for about 6 months now. I'm nervous and a bit confused as there are so many providers here who do injections. With you having such a good experience do you mind sharing the name of the doctor you saw? And months later are you still happy with the results?

Thanks!
Hi Lori, great results, so happy for you! I too would like to know who your DR was, I'm in Houston as well, appreciate the help!
@ Lori 650.00 for 2 syringes is a GREAT deal... my facial plastic surgeon charges 525.00 per syringe ..he gives it to me for 500.00.. at what age did your bags start at?
Hey Lori B,

Thanks for your posts! I am in the Houston area and was looking for an excellent plastic surgeon for restylane injections in the orbital area. Could you name your doctor? Also, did you do some research before on the most experienced MDs before getting the procedure?
Ive had restylane on injected 2 different times.. the first time in May of 2010. at 29 years old..and the 2nd in March of this year at 32 years old.. works well..helps with under eye issues.
Ok thanks
I had a consult for lower bleph and am getting it done this summer! Yay! Do u have before and after pics?
Hi LoriB, no I dont have photos, but I will tell you that it really really works well. The skin that has been stretched by the bags will "usually" snap back in place. One of my eyes was so bad, that i had a little bit of loose skin under my left eye, so I used retina .025 cream for 6 months to fix it.

Now, I must say, that I used a surgeon who only uses lasers to do the work and there was no scarring or ugliness right after the procedure because they use the laser right along the lid line. I made sure to take the rest of the week off and apply an ice pack they gave me for a few days. The next week I was back to work even though I could have gone sooner.

If your going to get it done by someone who does not use a laser, then I have no idea what you can expect. If you do some research on this site, you will see big debates between doctors about this. Meaning, which way is better.

And just a side note: There are risks in any kind of surgery, so I only do things like this when I become so miserable that I just dont care anymore. It gets to a point where, in my mind, things cant be any worse than they were before. Its at at that point where I go for it.

Also, I am sure they will tell before hand, but you will obviously not be able to drive yourself home afterwards. You will need a driver.
lorib check your inbox pls
I had bags like yours and had a lower bleph to remove them. I know its easier to have something injected to try and fill them in, but the there is danger in that too.

Your "after" pic looks better but the bags are still there, and a Lower Bleph procedure would be permanent and no need to keep having injections.

Like I said my eye bags were just like yours and this was back in the 1990s. I used a surgeon in Beverly Hills who used a laser along the lid to zap all the fat. It has been 15 years and the fat never returns.

I have no idea today how lower blephs are done, but I just wanted to make you aware of this option. I would personnaly never have filler injections done under my eye, but I DO have it done around my mouth and also have botox, so I am certainly not against trying whats available.
Hi - can you tell me what are the pros of using juverderm over restylane? Thanks

Here is a Q&A where the board certified doctors that volunteer on RealSelf have shared their opinions on this:

Juvederm vs Restylane

Here is another similar Q&A that might also be of interest:

Radiesse Vs. Restylane

good to hear you are fine and well healing.. please keep in touch with us.. i'll be waiting your news..

Wow LoriB, thanks so much for posting the photos - I think your afters look great! What an incredible change! :)

If you can get these kind of results with injectables I don't blame you for wanting to hold off on a surgery. Please continue to keep us posted on how you're doing and what changes you see.

Thanks, I'm just wondering if even a full syringe is enuf..we will see..going back in 2 weeks

K, well definitely let us know what you think after you have the other syringe injected - curious to hear how it turns out!

$650 for both. I got a black eye out of the deal but I knew it was a risk. I wish I would have gotten the other syringe but I will go back as soon as my shiner goes away!

Sorry to hear about the black eye. :( I'm glad you have the option of having more put in. You were smart to start off with a little, and add more if needed. Think how much it would suck if you were on here with regrets of getting a full syringe under each eye.

Happy to hear it didn't hurt! Was $650 for both syringes, or was that just the cost for what you already had injected?