So Far...so Good! - Houston, TX

I am now 6 days post surgery and loving the...

I am now 6 days post surgery and loving the results so far. The lipo pain was a little more intense than I thought but overall I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat!

Also...doctor said he removed 7 lbs of fat and...

Also...doctor said he removed 7 lbs of fat and injected 1000 ccs into each butt cheek.
Today is day 8 and i'm still very swollen but still loving the results. Feeling SOOO MUCH better today! Will update again soon!

I am now a little over 4 weeks post-op and feeling...

I am now a little over 4 weeks post-op and feeling great! I am still so happy with my results. The lipo made such a huge difference in my waist, back and axilla area. It's amazing! My butt went down a little as expected but still about 3 inches bigger around than I was before. I lost about 5 inches in my waist and 4 inches around my bra strap. I am still a little swollen and a little sore but its worth it. My back is still pretty numb from the lipo but doc said it gets better over the next few months. My clothes fit so much better. I would have done this surgery again and again. It has really increased my self esteem and confidence. I got into my bathingsuit for the first time this weekend at the beach and that was a pretty cool feeling. It's so nice not to have the muffin top overhang over the back/sides of my pants and shorts, and to not have the bulge in sun dresses is awesome! I love shopping now. Oh and my husband loves my new booty ;-)
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. M was great. If I have any surgeries in the future I will definitely go to him and refer friends.

I'm glad I avoided this Dr . His work is overpriced for box shapes. No butt shaper is better than Cortes in Texas.
Hi asop.

This Thurday I will make 4 weeks post op. Looking at your b4 pics reminds me so much of my body frame b4 my surgery. I too was square shape. I am 5'8 and weighed 194lbs day of surgery. I now have curves (waist) and a booty (smile) as well as hips. My doc did a great job. My butt is more rounder on top but as it falls, it's a little flatter, however, when I wear a dress or pants, you can tell I have a "shelf" I was a size 12 in pants and yesterday I went to a store and tried on a pair of size 8's and they fitted perfect! I am still swollen and sore, especially in the mornings. I still wear my compression garment and have to order a new one because the one I have on is big on me. I haven't weighed myself but am sure I lost a few pounds. I had fat removed from upper and lower abs, flanks and axilla as well. My upper abs (the first week) was so bruised (purplish) but went away in 3 days with the Arnica Gel. I don't have kids but did have a small pouch which seems to be going down (not fully though, but am happy with results).

I thought I was the only one that felt exhausted/dizzy/faint after taking my first few showers 3 days after surgery. I would come out shower and put a towel on my bed and just lay there butt-ass naked and wet because I would feel so tired/faint.

I will post pics of myself after maybe the 2nd month post op.

You look FABULOUS asop, all the best to you and the rest of you ladies.
Thank you and congrats to you on your inches lost! Isn't it the best feeling ever?! To me it was kinda funny how I looked as if I lost 20 pounds but it was just the fat being moved to a different part of my body. It's amazing how it can make such a huge difference. I hated being square shape, I felt like a tomboy even though i'm not. I feel like a lady now with these curves. :) I would have to say it took me 4-6 weeks to feel totally normal again but there's still some swelling that I have to get rid of. I notice it the most when I stand alot during the day. My surgical nurse had the procedure done 3 months before I did and she said it took her 8 weeks for all the swelling to go away, doc said 3 months but everyone's different of course. Well good luck to you and keep me posted on your progress.
Hi Asop, tomorrow I make 6 weeks post op. Im feeling good. You're right, it looks like I lost 20lbs myself but it's mostly inches. Many people at work are like "Wow you look great" and/or "you look so skinny" but it's mostly inches that I lost. I only lost like 5lbs since the surgery. I went from a 12 to an 8! I love my curves and could see my butt getting a little more rounded now. I still wish it was more "bubble" looking but hey I look much better than I did before. I want to take more pics, have to wait on someone to take them for me.
Hope all is well with you!
Hi there, today I make 8 weeks post op. Feeling good...still a bit swollen on my abs and lower back and sore just a bit, especially when I wake up in the mornings but overall feeling good. I love the way my clothes fit too girl. My butt did drop and it is round on the sides, but to me lacks roundness in the center, I hope that changes when I mark my 11th week!
HA ha you have a sweet hubby. well since I just ended week 4 I hope my tummy goes away. I got the same areas lipoed along with my hips and thighs. I dont have numbing around my spine but my lower back is still numb and you are right it does feel weird but doesnt bother me either. Im getting my after pics taken on May 9..that a little more than 2 months after I just hope the swellimg is almost gone by then. I am going to ask my doc about the massaging..i really hope it helps with the swelling. THX!
Hey girl, Im a little over 4 weeks post surgery...did you still have swelling at 4 weeks..my lower back in still numb. Im just ready to be healed!
Yes, I still have some swelling now and i'll be 6 weeks post-op in 3 days. I just went to my 6 week post surgery check-up and they said I was healing well but that it would take up to 3 months to get rid of the last 25% or so of the swelling. And that I had a little hard spots of scar tissue build up and that needed massage but you can't see it only feel it. I'm still so happy with my results though. I did gain 5 pounds during the first month since I sat around alot and didn't do much but I worked it off now so that's good. Still dealing with numbness too which is getting better slowly and still have alot of itching but they said that was normal too. Good luck to you and keep me updated on how it goes for you.
weird I have no itching..my love handles are gone but I now have a tummy..my dr would not lipo my stomach b/c he said it could cause ripples. I dont know if it could be swelling. I wonder if i should massage my body. Are you massaging your legs and back?
I didn't have stomach lipo either because my doc said my skin would sag because it's damaged from pregnancies. I knew I would eventually need a tummy tuck...some day. My lipo was in the love handles, back, and axilla(bra strap fat under armpits). My back itches like crazy but they said the itching was the nerves regenerating which makes sense because with the itching I slowly gain back a little feeling but along my spine is still numb to touch. Its weird but doesn't bother me even if it stays that way. I have always had a stomach and at first I noticed alot of swelling there but it went away by around 4-5 weeks from what I can tell. My lower stomach is where I bruised the worse after surgery because they said all the blood flows through there. It was dark purple and black after surgery. I am having my husband massage my back and when I went to my check-up they said to go to my local massage place and ask for a sweddish massage and that would help alot with the swelling. Doc said to go often if I could but I can't afford alot of those. I have a butt to pay off. HA! Im not massaging my legs because I didn't have lipo there.
Wow!! I too have a 10 & 8 year old that I will be having to take back and forth to school and I have a 4 year old and a 1 yr old they both are gonna be home with me! LOL I wil have help the first week and after that I'm on my own... I'm agreeing with your mother in law you look great.. honey wait until your all healed... tell your husband to get ready cause your gonna turn a few heads! Keep me posted on how things go this upcoming week with being home alone
Funny you say that about the itching after having a baby. I had no epidural with my first baby but with my second one I did and it's exactly like the itching you experience after having an epidural! Exactly! You just want to take a wire brush to your whole body. lol The benadryl helps sooo much though. Not sitting actually hasn't been that bad for me so far. It sucks but it's not really bothering me, guess because I slept alot. I would stand to eat or visit with my husband and kids for like 20 minutes but then I would get tired and go lay down and sleep. I have just mostly been laying in bed turned to the side watching TV or laying on the couch watching TV or on the computer. I also kneel on a pillow at the coffee table to eat and play with the baby. This week will be the test though since my husband is going back to work and I have a 10 year old to get off to school and do homework with and I also have a 10 Month old baby that I have to chase after. This weekend I have pretty much been handling the baby on my own to see how i'd do and it's about like before I had the surgery. I will have to give her a bath in the sink or have my husband do it because it still hurts a little to bend all the way over but it's possible. I can tell each day is getting better now and the swelling is slowly subsiding. I even tried on my pants and swimsuit which was SUPER cool to see my new booty. My mother in law came by and said "oh my, you have lost so much weight from the surgery!" through my tummy/waist area. I said nope, still weigh the same(because of swelling) but she thought i'd lost like 20 pounds. I loved that!!!
Wow thanks for the advice!! Its funny you say you itched alot because I have had 4 c sections and after everyone... I start itching like I have fleas!!! lol it has to be a side effect from the medicine used to put me to sleep. Honey your doctor did his thing on that waist you are gonna look so banging when your all healed.. I'm excited for you!! Rest up and get your strength back... and when you have time can you update me on some advice on how to avoid sitting... Thanks doll!
Here are a few tips that I found personally helpful and that I wish I would have known before my surgery. Hope this helps answer some of your questions, and again everyone is different but these are what I personally experienced. :)

-itching is intense so have benadryl on hand-it helps alot, buy some beforehand
-buy extra maxi pads, gauze pads and tape to tape them on your body if you will have open drainage
-most draining was over after day 3-4 but then the intense swelling started which is suppose to subside after 2 weeks or so
-you will have no appetite so have crackers and jello(already made) on hand
-take your sleeping pills at night even after surgery to help you sleep and be comfortable
-have to get up and pee like 3-5 times a night from the fluid/swelling drainage
-you should have someone there to help you atleast for 3-4 days is my personal recommendation-my husband said this is the main thing-you will need someone to help you up and down out of bed to use the bathroom and they like you to walk around every few hours to prevent blood clots from forming
-hurts a little to sit and pee for the first 5 days or so so you have to hold yourself up a little
-have alot of anti-bacterial soap on hand and use it often so you dont get an infection
-the swelling can cause little pockets of fluid under the skin which you may hear a swooshing sound when you rub your hand across it, weird but normal-ask doc to be sure but mine were small, goes away in a day or 2 and will happen at different spots over different days.
-day of surgery sucked, day 2 was great as I was on major pain meds, day 3-7 I felt like I had the flu and felt like crap from all the swelling, day 8 is definitely a new beginning...much better!!! I think you could easily be sitting back in class and driving 2 weeks after surgery
-day 1-day 5 I slept about 16 hours a day cause I was so weak
-have your bed ready before you leave, I used a beach towel and the pee-pad the doc gave me to put ontop of my sheets, extra set of clean sheets and old clean towels you can lay on in bed and on the couch
-have alot of bottled water and juice on hand. try to avoid sprite/sodas unless the sprite is for nausea(i didnt experience much nausea) because sodas have alot of salt and salt will make you swell more
-take before pictures
-for me taking a shower was exhausting, I would be faint/dizzy/just wanted to lay down every time I took a shower for the first few days. I was so tired I didn't even want to stand up for my husband to put on new bandages or to get dressed. I found that turning the water to cool before you get out helps alot

And YES...i'd do it all again in a heartbeat!
Thank you so much for the great information.... never hurts to pass your experiences. Did you use Dr. Henry Mentz?
Yes I did use Dr. Mentz. He is a great doctor/artist. I still highly recommend him. It's been 9 months since my surgery and I am still super happy with the results. Nothing has changed since I posted my last pics or I would have posted more. I did put on about 5-10 pounds but that's all my fault and it has all gone to my butt and legs. lol Never gained weight before so I'm not minding it too much. :) I'm hoping to do the tummy tuck in the next few years and i'll definitely be going back to him for that surgery. He's very trustworthy.
Yes, I was very square. I am only 8 days out but can tell a major difference. My waist went down 6 1/2 inches and I lost 4 inches around my bra strap. It's pretty incredible. I do have narrow hips but not so much anymore, I have the curves now for sure! You can request more added in your hips, I wanted a little but I mostly was looking for projection instead of wideness. I prefer the "athletic look" on myself. I had the lipo done to my flanks, back, and axilla(highly recommend this area if you have extra there)Yes my stomach was very swollen and the most bruised area even though I didn't have any lipo there. I don't normally have a flat tummy though-2 babies myself. I will have a tummy-tuck in the future. Doing lipo on my flanks made my waste shrink and intern made my tummy look a little smaller but no work done on the tummy yet. He wouldn't do lipo there because my stretch marks are pretty bad and he said my skin would sag and get really torn up because it's too thin. I can't wait to see my new look after the swelling goes down!

In the picture that shows 6 on 1 page, the top 3 are my before pics and the bottom 3 are my computer generated after pics. The other ones are taken over the few days following surgery. I will update pics at 1 month after swelling subsides.
Looking good your new butt looks really good on you... I noticed prior you had more of a square shape from the waist down with narrow hips... with the BBL do you now have hips? I'm really square too and hoping that the BBL will give me curvy hips. Where was the fat harvested from? Is your stomach swollen... I have a pouch at the bottom of my tummy (I have had 4 c-sections) so I'm wondering if you saw an improvement in your lower tummy from the lipo...