Gastric Bypass in Mexico, MX

Hello, I'm new here and I am hoping for some...

Hello, I'm new here and I am hoping for some insights and advice. I am currently 320 lbs. I have been trying to get approved with insurance for 5 years with no luck. I am going to Mexico! Can't wait! Dr. Jose Castaneda Cruz in Guadalajara is going to perform the surgery. I am curious about post op problems and things to look out for. Any information will be helpful! Thanks

Well I have an appointment with my PCP next week...

Well I have an appointment with my PCP next week to discuss if she is going to be able to follow my post-op care. I really hope she will. I've heard that some will NOT if you have surgery out of the country. Fingers crossed! My appt is the 29th of April. Will let everybody know how it goes.

I spoke with my PCP and she has agreed to follow ...

I spoke with my PCP and she has agreed to follow my post op nutrition. I am starting to really get excited not to mention I am under my 2 month mark for my surgery!

I talked to my PCP and she agreed to follow my...

I talked to my PCP and she agreed to follow my post op care by way of blood tests and supplements. Things are really starting to come together.

Pre Op Diet time!

I started my pre Op Diet two days ago. My beginning weight is 319 lbs. I'm not starving todeath yet but i need all the encouraging words!

less than 30 days

i am less than 30 days until my surgery. I have really been starting to take everything into consideration about my surgery and i admit that i am nervous. I even have an email in to my Dr about changing to a sleeve due to intestinal complications that could result from the rouen y. Please let me know what everyone thinks! Panicking.....

3 WEEKS AND COLD FEET

Ok so I have 3 WEEKS til my surgery date. I have been on my pre op diet for 3 WEEKS now and according to my PCP I have lost 23 lbs! I am starting to get cold feet. I won't back out but the nerves are starting to get to me. I think I may change to a sleeve with a rouen y. Has anyone done that before? Am I just being silly?

12 days to go

10 days til I arrive in Mexico

I am down 25 lbs from my pre op diet in the last 3 weeks. surgery is in 12 days and I am ready. Any suggestions on what to take with me?

Pre Op weight loss.

I have been on the pre op diet for 3 1/2 weeks. Down 30 lbs and counting! My surgery is Monday! Can't wait!

on my way

SURGERY DAY IS FINALLY HERE!

Ok So it has finally arrived. Surgery in 30 mins. Will keep you all posted on my progress!

14 hours post op!

My surgery went really well. I had a ton of gas pain yesterday but other than little twinges here and there my pain is minimal. Been up walking since 3 hours post op. I am very thirsty but I have to wait for the leak test before i can drive.k anything. The doctor was impressed that my surgery only took 1&1/2 hours. He was expecting a 3 hour surgery...

Back Home

I just got off the plane and got home. I missed my kids but Im glad I went for the surgery. Full liquid diet til the 15th then soft foods. Everything is going good so far. :)

Am I losing enough?

2 weeks post op and down 12 pounds. Is this normal or do ppl usually lose more?

Eating Post op

Tried to eat the soft center of a grilled cheese today. First bite was good. Second bite hurt like hell! Guess I better give it a little more time. On the plus side Im down 16 lbs in 17 days. My total weight loss is 46 lbs!

Vitamins

so I had my 3 week follow up and I've started taking my multi vitamins. Try as i might I don't seem to be getting enough protein in and my legs have started having some bad cramps. Other than that Im down 50 total pounds and not regretting anything!

plateau?

how much weight do ppl normally lose before they plateau? Or how long does someone lose before they plateau?

1 month post op

on the losers bench

started this process at 330 pounds. Weighed in today at 272 just 7 weeks post op!

3 months post op

80 lbs and counting! Weighed in today at 250 lbs! I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in 7 years! Thank God!

Inching Closer!

I am glad to report that I am down 92 lbs! Almost to 100! Still have about 50 lbs to reach my goal but I feel great and look even better! Even with theall of the loose skin!

4 and 1/2 months

6 months post op

Down 120 lbs! I weigh 210 now and I can just taste ONEDERLAND!

onderland!

Today I made it to Onderland. Yeah!!!

Goal!!!

I am at my goal weight!!
Jose Castaneda

Dr. Castaneda is GREAT! No complications and his team is fantastic!

Wow, what a journey! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your video journal. Your goal photo is priceless. Love hair and that you made it. Congratulations. You did it and I hope you feel amazing and proud. After reading your story, I feel like we need a forum listing the out of country places people have gone and link them back to the reviews. Happy 4th all!
Wow, was it scary to go to Mexico?
Not at all. My mom went with me. I went thru a US Medical Tourism Company. Aside from the deposit it was fully refundable up until I went into surgery. I felt safe and comfortable the whole time!
Thank you so much for answering!!!
Wow!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!
Whoo-hoo! Congrats on hitting your goal weight. You look amazing. How are you feeling? What is the first thing you did after you hit your goal?
Well done! Can I ask how long the hair loss lasted?
About 3 months. Protein is very important for that!
Thank you, I'll be sure to remember that.
Finally made it to ONDERLAND in March. I have reached my goal weight! I need to have the skin removed. I am super excited today!!
Wow, look at you! Looking awesome and sounds like you're doing really well! Congratulations and keep it up! :-))
Milestones for 2013... Getting under 300 lbs Climbing stairs and not being winded Being able to wrap a regular bath towel completely around me Buying clothes in the Misses section. Sharing clothes with my teenage daughter. Not having to use a seat belt extender on an airplane. ..I actually had about 4" extra! Probably more I just haven't thought about.
You look great! How can I contact your doc
All new patients must go through medicaltourismco.com ask for dr. Cruz. He has 2 locations. 1 in Guadalajara and the other in Puerto vallarta.
Thankyou so much
"I am very pleased with my weight loss. I am down 97 lbs and still loosing. I hsve lost about 70% of my hair which I am not so happy about. When does the hair loss stop? Will it all fall out? Help!" In reply to this.. Yes, it does eventually stop/slow. For me it was about the 6 month mark but some don't see slowing until 8-12 months. How much protein are you taking in daily? What sort of vitamins are you taking every day? Drinking plenty of water? (at least 64oz a day?). You look amazing by the way. If you need any support, don't hesitate to ask me!
Love that your so open. I can appreciate your truth, I am to looking into having my surgery done in Mexico.
Awesome weight loss.
Thanks for sharing your story! Hope all is going well!
What is the num cell o contac
You have to go thru medicaltourismco.com
You're doing so well! I am on the pre op diet for a gastric sleeve, I have to lose about 40 pounds to qualify, I am in the UK and the National Health Service pays but you have to lose 5% of your weight first. I lost 65 pounds on Atkins last but I can't keep it off. May I ask why your dr went for Roux en Y rather than a sleeve? You mentioned eating some melted cheese and feeling some pain, is there a diet you have to follow after or are you eating the same things as before in just smaller amounts? I hope you don't mind me asking but this surgery is so scarcely performed in the U.K, most people have lap bands but weight loss surgery is frowned upon so I am not telling anyone but husband (of course) and close family and friends.
Hi Allie! My actual surgery was a BPD or BilioPancreatic Diversion. It's very close to a GBP but not exactly. I opted for the BPD/GBPdue to the number of Pete who have had to have a revision after getting a sleeve. My diet is still softer than just normal food but I can eat anything I want just in much smaller portions. My stomach is the Size of my thumb.
I am a gastric bypass patient that is 8 years out..I weighed 300 lbs and lost down to 137 in just under a year. I did everything the doctors told me to do. I started working out as soon as I could and continued and have been very happy with my bypass with no extra complications. I wanted you to hear from a positive side. It is hard for a couple years to learn the foods you can and cannot tolerate. There are still things that make me dump even now. I can't have milk and cereal any more ( too much carbs) or ice cream but other than that those are my main restricted foods. You will have those so learn from your body what to avoid AND LISTEN! Dumping is not fun! For my great news to share.... After 8 years and staying stable at 145-148 that's over 150 lbs loss I am scheduled for a abdominplasty and a amnoplasty sept the 10th (tummy tuck and boob job). So chin and hang on tight! You can do it! Best of luck to you!

What? 50lbs....in 3 weeks? Congrats. You're legs are cheering you on. Did they mention bananas for potassium to help with cramps? When I played basketball we used to eat them to reduce cramps. We'd love pics if you're willing to share :)