Gastric Bypass in Mexico, MX

Hello, I'm new here and I am hoping for some...

Hello, I'm new here and I am hoping for some insights and advice. I am currently 320 lbs. I have been trying to get approved with insurance for 5 years with no luck. I am going to Mexico! Can't wait! Dr. Jose Castaneda Cruz in Guadalajara is going to perform the surgery. I am curious about post op problems and things to look out for. Any information will be helpful! Thanks

Well I have an appointment with my PCP next week...

Well I have an appointment with my PCP next week to discuss if she is going to be able to follow my post-op care. I really hope she will. I've heard that some will NOT if you have surgery out of the country. Fingers crossed! My appt is the 29th of April. Will let everybody know how it goes.

I spoke with my PCP and she has agreed to follow ...

I spoke with my PCP and she has agreed to follow my post op nutrition. I am starting to really get excited not to mention I am under my 2 month mark for my surgery!

I talked to my PCP and she agreed to follow my...

I talked to my PCP and she agreed to follow my post op care by way of blood tests and supplements. Things are really starting to come together.

Pre Op Diet time!

I started my pre Op Diet two days ago. My beginning weight is 319 lbs. I'm not starving todeath yet but i need all the encouraging words!

less than 30 days

i am less than 30 days until my surgery. I have really been starting to take everything into consideration about my surgery and i admit that i am nervous. I even have an email in to my Dr about changing to a sleeve due to intestinal complications that could result from the rouen y. Please let me know what everyone thinks! Panicking.....

3 WEEKS AND COLD FEET

Ok so I have 3 WEEKS til my surgery date. I have been on my pre op diet for 3 WEEKS now and according to my PCP I have lost 23 lbs! I am starting to get cold feet. I won't back out but the nerves are starting to get to me. I think I may change to a sleeve with a rouen y. Has anyone done that before? Am I just being silly?

12 days to go

10 days til I arrive in Mexico

I am down 25 lbs from my pre op diet in the last 3 weeks. surgery is in 12 days and I am ready. Any suggestions on what to take with me?

Pre Op weight loss.

I have been on the pre op diet for 3 1/2 weeks. Down 30 lbs and counting! My surgery is Monday! Can't wait!

on my way

SURGERY DAY IS FINALLY HERE!

Ok So it has finally arrived. Surgery in 30 mins. Will keep you all posted on my progress!

14 hours post op!

My surgery went really well. I had a ton of gas pain yesterday but other than little twinges here and there my pain is minimal. Been up walking since 3 hours post op. I am very thirsty but I have to wait for the leak test before i can drive.k anything. The doctor was impressed that my surgery only took 1&1/2 hours. He was expecting a 3 hour surgery...

Back Home

I just got off the plane and got home. I missed my kids but Im glad I went for the surgery. Full liquid diet til the 15th then soft foods. Everything is going good so far. :)

Am I losing enough?

2 weeks post op and down 12 pounds. Is this normal or do ppl usually lose more?

Eating Post op

Tried to eat the soft center of a grilled cheese today. First bite was good. Second bite hurt like hell! Guess I better give it a little more time. On the plus side Im down 16 lbs in 17 days. My total weight loss is 46 lbs!

Vitamins

so I had my 3 week follow up and I've started taking my multi vitamins. Try as i might I don't seem to be getting enough protein in and my legs have started having some bad cramps. Other than that Im down 50 total pounds and not regretting anything!

plateau?

how much weight do ppl normally lose before they plateau? Or how long does someone lose before they plateau?

1 month post op

on the losers bench

started this process at 330 pounds. Weighed in today at 272 just 7 weeks post op!

3 months post op

80 lbs and counting! Weighed in today at 250 lbs! I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in 7 years! Thank God!

Inching Closer!

I am glad to report that I am down 92 lbs! Almost to 100! Still have about 50 lbs to reach my goal but I feel great and look even better! Even with theall of the loose skin!

4 and 1/2 months

I am very pleased with my weight loss. I am down 97 lbs and still loosing. I hsve lost about 70% of my hair which I am not so happy about. When does the hair loss stop? Will it all fall out? Help!

6 months post op

Down 120 lbs! I weigh 210 now and I can just taste ONEDERLAND!

onderland!

Today I made it to Onderland. Yeah!!!

Goal!!!

I am at my goal weight!!
Jose Castaneda

Dr. Castaneda is GREAT! No complications and his team is fantastic!