Horrible Experience - I wish I would have seen this website prior to getting my Sculptra injections. - Bakersfield, CA

I wish I would have seen this website prior to...

I wish I would have seen this website prior to getting my Sculptra injections. I had injections done under both eyes. First in November 2007 and again in January 2008. After the first injection, I developed a pea sized lump under my left eye. My dermatologist told me it would go away. I had the second injection performed and now have large lumps under my left eye and a medium lump under my right eye. My dermatologist has been using the V-beam laser on these bumps with a little bit of success. To anyone considering Sculptra - Do not use it!!!! I am extremely self concious now - I hate the side effects of Sculptra. I have reviewed websites on Sculptra and they speak of small lumps that will go away. Well mine are not small and they have yet to go away! None of the websites or pamphlets talk about the large lumps that you may get and the fact they may never go away. By the way, I was extremely diligent in massaging the injection sites. I followed the after care instructions and I still had horrible side effects!

It's been a while since I've posted and apparently there have been some major changes to this site. My lumps are better, but are still very noticeable. I have undergone 12 V-beam laser treatments, with some success. The lump under my right eye is barely visible, but the lumps under my left eye, although smaller, are still very visible. A year and a half has passed since my first injection, and I am still devastasted by the effects. (Especially when I catch my reflection under florescent lighting). At this time I am going to seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon as I see no other option to get rid of these lumps. P.S. There is no way I would allow anyone to inject Kenalog into these lumps - - The horror stories from that are extreme!
Hello, Is your lump any better?

Here is my update:  I am 21 months out from...

Here is my update:  I am 21 months out from having Sculptra injected under both of my eyes.  I followed the after-care instructions, and I massaged down to the exact minute.  In fact, I didn't stop massaging until approximately 3 months ago when I realized that the bumps weren't going away, and all I was doing was irritating my skin.

After numerous V-beam laser treatments failed (my derm was giving them to me at no-cost), I finally decided to have a facial plastic surgeon perform a subscision procedure.  I had two subscision procedures performed 4 weeks apart, and there has been a significant amount of change in the bump size.

I hope this gives some of you hope that your horrible experience may be reversed.

My sympathy to all the people who have the unfortunate experience of lumps caused by fillers. It causes extreme self paranoia and awareness.
I did the same thing four years ago, I have been told by two plastic surgeons that there is nothing that I can do. It may go away one day. I've been told that it does not look too bad... I see it and am stuck with the results.
hi, ugly sculptra inflammatory nodules led to infection and now i have been diognosed with maxillary osteomyelitis. this sculptra was injected 2/20/08. i have been in pain ever since. i am now looking at the nest year of surgery and antibiotic treatments. sculptra is a dangerous product.
Dear Dru, Sculptra is classified as a medical device. I do not know why it isn't a drug. The information the manufacturer supplied on Wickipedia just changed once again...

It has been 4 years since I had Sculptra injected...

It has been 4 years since I had Sculptra injected under both of my eyes and 2 years since the subscision procedure.

The subscision procedure was a success as I am lump/bump free.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

In case anyone was wondering, the subscision...

In case anyone was wondering, the subscision procedure consisted of the doctor numbing my face (it still was not a pain free procedure), and using a needle to break down the Sculptra lumps/bumps.

I can only compare it to using a needle to scrape at a ball of hardened sand. And just to clarify he did not cut anything out of my face.

Fortunately for you, the surgeon who did your subcision did a beautiful job. Congratulations! By the way, I have 7 Sculptra injections (age + facial asymmetry) and my injector did everything extremely well and I feel like the product was a God-send. We pay a lot of money to board certified injectors for cosmetically pleasing results and of course lumps are not pleasing. I know your pain from ending up disfigured after paying $$$ for it. Wish you luck on any future injections.
So sorry all this happened to you. Sculptra is horrible. I too wished I had found this site before my experience. I just had two bumps surgically removed from my chin area. I have tiny scars but at least now I don't have to touch the "pebbles" on my face anymore. Which, by the way, were growing larger.
I'm thinkin about gettin scupltra in my lines between my nose and mouth any feed back on this
Dermatologist injected Sculptra - Dr. David Saadat performed subscision

I would recommend my subscision Dr. as he was very compassionate and was willing to perform the subscision procedure.