Disaster BA , Ready to Try Again

My first BA was performed 12 yrs ago. I had two...

My first BA was performed 12 yrs ago. I had two kids and breast fed both, searched for help to put my breast back to a womanly shape, technology was not as good as it is now so I wasn't able to have much access to reviews and other peoples comments. My consultation went well and the surgeon seemed experienced and caring. Wish I could view comments back then, Anyway I had a BA with a lift in one surgery. The results seemed ok to me at the time although I knew nothing better, but right away I was unhappy with the uneven scar around the areola and noticed that one side the pocket was made too large , well but I had no idea it needed a fix , I just continued on with my life , Sometime later within a year I noticed whenever I flexed or used my arms or anything that involved pectoral muscles, well then it would cause an indent into the breast creating a deformed look , Now the beautiful breast I always wanted had to be hidden due to this deformity. By now it was too late to go back to the doctor and I had already used all my savings for the BA , it would take me years to save again. Meanwhile I had another baby and was able to breast feed with no problems but my breast became worse and more in need of revision surgery, Now I am researching doctors credentials. Reviews and training to find an excellent surgeon to help and do my revision surgery. At one consultation The surgeon said my issues with my breast were too challenging , wow ! How depressing, so I'm still in search , I decided to Email photos and a small explanation of what is wrong to several highly experienced Doctors to see who would be confident to take my case, I got one reply so far and waiting for two more. My goal is to have 3 consultations . BTW the problems I currently have are: bottom out breast, capsular contraction in one, need a lift and repair a bad job on the areola scar in one side , need to repair oversized pocket in one, need to fix the dynamic pectoral deformity which I found from writing Doctors on this sight to be a mal placement of implant ! And need to change out old implants. Please help me pick the surgeon right for me . I will keep you posted. First consult is July 9 th 2014 !!
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. You are wise in doing your due diligence when it comes to selection of plastic surgeon to undertake the revisionary surgery. Fortunately, these days, you will be able to tell which surgeons have significant experience doing revisionary breast surgery, just from evaluating their websites. Hopefully, it will give you peace of mind that most patients who undergo revisionary breast surgery with carefully selected board-certified plastic surgeons will experience significant improvement in their situations. Best wishes.
Thank you, it's hard to pick between the top 3 surgeons In my state. They all have over 20 yrs experience and great reviews. They all had good patient reviews in breast revision. One Doctor does a considerable amount more surgeries than the other two, but another seems more personable to pay attention to what the patient wants. I'm having a hard time deciding. I want to get it right the first time.

Searching for a great breast revision surgeon

I narrowed my search to 3 Doctors all board certified, all great reviews and all over 20yrs experience. If anyone has comments on these Doctors in Hawaii please write about your experience . Dr. Schlesinger, Dr. Lenard Yu, Dr. Wong
Although you are not happy with your results, I'm glad to see you started a review and are sharing your story. I'm hoping you will get continued support from the RealSelf community as you continue to research your revision. I'm confident your research will pay off. BTW, what type of implants do you have right now?
I currently have 400cc smooth round saline and considering changing to 600 cc silicone gel. I'm searching for a Doctor with experience in doing a revision that will last !! Probably with internal bra and fixing all the previous problems. I want excellent results and from this sight I see it's possible with the right Doctor. I might have to fly out of my state. I have not seen the results I want yet in my state , still searching.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience hun, I am sure you will find a Dr who will fix it for sure!!

Searching for a great revision surgeon

I'm getting discouraged , several Doctors have told me my first BA was basically so bad that my case is going to be a very difficult and challenging one . Man !! I need an experiences capable doctor , preferably in my state !! (Hawaii) Is their any that capably can correct my breast problems and give me beautiful results ?? My first surgeon DEFORMED my breast !!!! Watch out girls !!!
You deserve beautiful breats I pray this time they come out beautiful
Thank you , that's encouraging ! Hope you're feeling somewhat better , Howz it going with recovery ?
My doctor scheduled me with some breast surgeon's he didn't understand what was going on I'm hoping for the best

Searching for highly qualified surgeon

I'm expanding my search for the right surgeon. I'm open to out of state doctors. I definately want to get this right the FIRST time !! Especially considering cost, time off if work , and probably won't have funds to get another revision !! My God they run sooo high the first time !!!!
Hey , had two consults so far, I don't easily trust just any surgeon because I know plastic surgery is a big money making business and many forget that are lives are so effected by the bad outcome of a bad surgery or even one that will only last until your post -op apptmt !! I saw one comment here that I believe to be true , She said about 80% of plastic surgeons are not good . They know that the first time around if you request a big size that they won't last without an internal bra, They know they will bottom out, They know the risk of CC , but they don't tell you or offer methods to prevent it !! Maybee because they think you can't afforded the extra 2-3 thousand , and they don't really care about their patients obviously !! So within a year you have waisted close to 9,000 on your first BA !!
I remember at my consultations, they said that this surgery may not be a one time surgery. I assumed they meant changing them out in ten years or so, not have to do repairs and fixing soon after. Make sure you know what your surgeons revision policy is in case anything goes awry.
I wasn't told that but probably was because it was some time ago. Things are probably better now.

From Alanama stationed in Hawaii

Hey so since I'm military I may get transferred before I'm able to actually have the revision surgery but I'm still going to consult here because it could be that I would have enough time. But I'm keeping my options open to outer states. Everyone's comments about their outcome and Doxtora is very helpful.

From Alabama stationed twice in Hawaii

I was stationed in Hawaii twice , first was when I got my initial BA and 12 yrs later I'm here again. Originally from Alabama. Looking for a surgeon who can do a top of the line job on my breast revision. I want an excellent job and all my issues and concerns met with satisfaction hoping if something went wrong within the first few months, The surgeon would correct it. I realize nothing is perfect and not looking for perfection but problems can be corrected successfully with great results if I find the right Surgeon

Your stories and experiences are helping

It helps tremendously to hear everyone's stories and outcomes along with experiences with named Doctors ! Appreciate this site !!

I want good results the first time

I want my revision to be done right the first time. I'm searching for the right Doctor capable and confident and highly qualified to do it right the first time. Needs to be attention to detail, very skilled and precise , an artist . Knowledgeable and cares about his patients.
Sorry to read about your story! I am sure you will find a BS PS who will bw able to make your breast fabulous. Good luck!
Thanks . Still searching and consulting. Going to take my time .

More consultations

Hi everyone ! So I did two more consultations . These were out of state. I did 4 total so far . It's really hard to pick. If I go out of state I have to fly and stay over but still comes out cheaper than the cost in my state. Hmmm What to do , What to do ??? I'm kina scared going to a place I've never been before. And in the back if my mind I'm thinking " How do I really kno that this Doctor is legit ? I mean what if the whole before and after pictures on the site are all fake , or not really his ? And what if I get lost in the airport ? I gotta change planes like 3 times ! Who's gonna go with me ? Then theirs an additional cost for another person !!!! It's cheaper to go by myself but I may have anxiety, it's pretty scary going thru this alone and in a strange place !! What is everyone's thoughts ? But the reason I wanna go is that the Doctor is sooo good! No bad reviews and double board certified, great website, love the results more than any other !!! Top of the line I would say , but right now I can't say who the Doctor is and what state and when I'm thinking of going just for safety security issues !! Wouldn't want some freek following me , sorry but I told u I think about these things ! I should have someone go with me yes ? But then it's a extra round trip airfair !! What should I do guyz ???
Is your surgeon going to use strattice? I wish I would have insisted on that.
I'm not sure if they will use strattice or not yet. I'm trying to research more about it, I think some types can cause infections but other types blend in with your skin and tissue as if it were your own . After I get all the facts I'll post it and let everyone know what the different Doctors say .
Yes there is a new silk material that does get absorbed by your body, my original PS wanted to use it on my revision surgery. It's actually made from silk worms but it's rather new so not sure how I felt about that. My original PS is very good and I would highly recommend him if yer interested in goin that way. His name is Dr. Luis Villar I've read negative things about strattice too so not sure about that either. Luckily Dr Revis is doin my revision and not using anything so hope I'll be happy. Good luck to you!

If I had to pick an out of state PS

If I had to pick an out of state PS I would choose Dr. Revis. The reasons being ...........
1. He seems confident and reassuring that he can accomplish my surgery and skilled enough to do an excellent job at it.
2. He appears to consider each patient as a new art work to accomplish precise and beautiful results but at the same time never putting your life in harm.
3. I like that he use to do body surgeries for massive weight loss patients but when insurance no longer covered this he developed a long term internal bra for patients doing breast revision.
4. Most of his surgeries have been breast revisions
5. He seems to take careful planning and consideration to each patients different needs and structure and acts as a scientist evaluating the best plan for the specific needs of each patient to have the best outcome !
6. He takes great pride in his work. I trust he will make the best choices when faced with a problem durring surgery
7. The office is equipped for many out if town and state patients and easily helps with transportation and hotel recommendations .

Dr. Revis

8.He also has beautiful results on his web page.
9. He specializes in larger implants and performs a long lasting technique to prevent quickly needing them repaired or re- done
Hey girl...I totally agree with you there too. He is another doc I was looking at too! As I was reading your last post I kept thinking about the things you were saying and they were all my fears of traveling alone as well!! I tell you girl...if I decide that its worth me traveling from Australia. ..maybe we could do this together. ..its just a crazy thought! Imagine the 2 of us lying with sore boobs in a hotel room ordering room service. . At least we could both moan together...We'd be completely useless for each other but we wouldn't be alone. Wish I was closer. If I do anything it may not be until February 2015...how much of a hurry are you in? Cheers shelly xoxo
Awesome idea Shelly! After all , misery loves company lol! Plus if you need a nurse you could split the cost. Or better yet, I'm in Fl so if you go with Revis I could help out ;) we could all be breast friends hee hee...
LOL, that was cute!

Two opposite opinions

Okay I went on two consults and am trying to soak it in. I had two totally different approaches to my Breast Revision. PS#1 sais : exchange implants thru old areola scar, no need a lift but he will put Seri- Silk in bottom and sides of pocket which will raise fold , then he will fix and re- shape pockets and fill with larger implant using hi-profile. He sais my nipples are in the right position and so I suppose raising the fold will help the droopiness,

PS#2 wants to do lollypop lift, gummybear textured implant, and no drains and no seri

What's you guyz thoughts ??

Fixing pectoral muscle deformity

I found a helpful video on this sight from a PS who addresses pectoral muscle deformity, Her patient had the same thing I have, whenever the patient flexes or uses arms in pushing or pulling , the pectoral muscle would indent into the implant , well it was an easy fix and simple reason why it occurred , it occurred because at the time of surgery the pectoral muscle wasn't released, so if they release the muscle and re- direct it then it should be mostly fixed
Hi girl and I can see your dilemma. I would get more opinion too.so far I'm liking the one that doesn't do the lollypop lift and uses the silk. If you can avoid being butchered I would stay scar free too.
Yea I feel like that too,less scars the better !
It really sucks when you have 2 PS telling you 2 dif things I know cuz my original PS who I love (Dr. Villar) wanted to go under the muscle and smaller and possibly making me need a lift afterwords and Dr Revis was perfectly fine keeping the same pocket (overs) and going bigger. So Revis it is! My offer still stands of helping you out if you go with Revis, I know it would freak me out goin outa state without someone to help me. Just make sure whatever you decide it's the right decision for you and what you want! I know money can be a big factor but hey this is a life changing decision we all are making and we wanna get it right the first time or else it'll cost us more money later on, not to mention the pain and agony of doing it all over again! Then there's the self esteem thing too, we all deserve to be satisfied with what we see in the mirror everyday of our lives after PS. Good luck and God Bless I hope the answers come to you...XOXOXOXOXOX

Pectoral muscle deformity

Just got a new flip on this. One PS says this could also be caused by initial surgery error when they created the pocket for implants and had to divide the muscle in the middle part of chest , they split too much, too much dissecting and therefore it could be permanently damaged. Omg ! I sure hope not !!

Pectoral muscle deformity video

The video describing this is from Dr. Lisa Cassileth of Beverly Hills. You can type "Flex Muscle Deformity " or go to her site to see the video. Just thought it would help anyone else whoay also have it

Are their any Doctors Who know how to fix pectoral muscle deformity ??

Why does no one seem to want to bother with this problem ? I found very few surgeons that even know about it ! Thank you for all the great surgeons who have descriptively described how this can be repaired. But now I need to find a surgeon who is familiar with repairing this in my area. I don't want to just do a revision and have the continued dis forming problem when it can possibly most likely be fixed ! This is a terrible problem to live with !! I never had a beautiful outcome from the start ! In Fr. Lisa Cassileths Video on this site and her web site , She says the cause is that the pectoral muscle becomes over released at time of surgery, as the breast drops the deformity gets worse. This happens in 5-10 % of patients. The muscle floats up to a higher position and attached itself to skin or tissue instead of the sternum , To Fix it; Put pec muscle back into a normal anatomically position, then if changing implant then place new implant ! Okay so any surgeons in Hawaii experienced in this ? Is it hard to do ? Why do some Ps wanna avoid trying to fix this ? Do they just wanna shove an implant in you and be done ?? Where are the fantastic Doctors ?? Besides the Brave and confident Dr. Chu , Who else ? I give him a lot of credit for wanting to help. I can't wait for my consultation .

Doctors helpful comments

Thank you Dr. Jeffery Zwiren of Atlanta, he says to correct pectoral muscle deformity it requires a re- operation and release of the pectoralis muscle along the lower medial pole of the breast, This would decrease the problem, also the facial bands can be released as well that are creating the crease.
Blutee, Hey girlfiriend, had to come and read your review. You are so right, it can all be so confusing trying to find the right doctor. I hope that you find the right surgeon for you soon. I take, it that you are not interested in fat grafting after all that you have read on the other sites ?
Hi love pink , nice to hear from you again. Ha, Ha Yea after all I read about fat grafting , I think it's not really protected yet, you have to really find an expert Doctor that has the special technique of getting the fat without loosing most of it.
The brava works, defently worth trying

Getting scared

Ugh, This is really stressful thinking about what the PS#1 wanted to do, by putting in the Seri Silk material, I've heard that it can cause infection in some and what if my body rejects it and I don't want to be sick and have a bad infection !! That could really interfering with my life and work and relationship!! I'm stressing that the Doc doesn't really care about me as an individual and I'm just another piece of meat to chop up on the surgery table, The PS seems so extremely busy I don't think he'll remember anything I say let alone my name !! I'm not sure about him !! It was the weirdest consultation I ever had, I seriously thought he may have been on drugs, or didn't sleep for a couple days but he didn't talk right , not sure if I'm just tripping out and thinking too much but I'm scared.

I have one more upcoming consultation

Well being that's how I feel about PS #1 , I'm definitely going on one more upcoming consult and that is with the Brave and Bold Doctor Benjamin Chu. I hope he's familiar with fixing what my first surgeon did to deform me. My pectoral muscle was cut and left instead of re- attached , and floated up into the implant pocket and attached itself to other tissue, so now it needs to be re- attached back into a anatomically position which I think it's suppose to be attached to the sternum. I wonder why few Doctors know about this or how to fix it. Do they only cut things but not repair them ? I really hope I get someone to help me!! I feel so terrible living with this deformity.
Ugh that all sounds like a huge hussle right now :( sorry to hear that. I agree with Shelly, keep on going until you find someone that you trust! I am sure that this must be fixable and you will find the right person!
Thank you, it's good to be cautious and picky. After all it's my body and only I can care for it.

Found a TOP DOCTOR in my state

Had a consult with a top DPS in my state, He was very personable and knowledgeable , I like his results and feedback, super nice and helpful staff. He examined me and suggested hi- profile saline and says he can move the pectoral muscle back to the right place, honestly he told me their would still be a little indentation problem when flexing but it will be a lot less and muscle back where they belong !! Oh I really really truly hope so !!

Correction

A top PS
Awesome! Sounds promising! Hope you found...THE ONE! Good to have him be honest and not mislead you too, keep us posted!
Who's profile did you send ?

And One More TOP SURGEON to See after That

Next , I'm going to see Dr. Benjamin Chu , I'm excited and thinking he can help me. He has a really good review and awesome results. He's done great work on repairing other Doctors mistakes. Highly recommended.

Loving Consult with last Doctor

The PS I met does a endoscopic type breast surgery for less bleeding and pain. I really like that, He uses a small camera, He said he has no problem with doing a bigger size implant, He does most his incisions thru the armpit but will do thru Areola since that's my last incision site. He believes in smooth round implants for several reasons, says it provides a more natural look, and I don't remember why else, ( too much to think about ) He also uses Seri like the other Doctor, but This Doctor seems highly qualified and more professional. I might need it since two PS suggested it , but it does scare me. But I'll have more discussions about it and research.
Oh, so many things to think about! I wish you much clarification!

Going to end my review for now

I'm deciding to end my review for now. This site was helpful and I appreciate all the support and encouragement , However I have a busy schedule ahead. So far I would like to say thank you to two outstanding top Doctors : In my search I have decided and recommend Dr. Larry Schlesinger and Dr. Benjamin Chu for surgery in Hawaii . I will update my profile with the PS I chose in a few months . Thank you to everyone here and wish you all success in your journeys
I really do hope you can get your revision soon. Please keep us posted. Best wishes!!
Scheduled surgery for November !!!!!
Wow!! May it go smoothly :))

Scheduled surgery

Hey everyone ! I scheduled surgery for November ! I'm just gonna go for it. ! Chose a PS with 30 yrs experience, yet is up to date on current techniques, he's had great reviews and I actually talked to a couple patients of his by phone, I found them on here and they offered to private message each other so we could talk confidentially, That was a really good idea, I would recommend doing that for someone who like me is very nervous about choosing the right PS, but it wasn't just that, He uses a proceedure similar to laparoscopy , with a tiny camera when doing surgery to lessen scarring and for better recovery and hopefully less pain. But I do need a lot of stuff done to repair what my first surgeon did wrong and things that need to be fixed just due to length of time so I expect pain and It's kina scary, but gotta do it ! My surgery is gonna be 6 hrs . WOW ! That's a lot , OMG I hope I don't die or have a bad complication or a deadly bacterial infection ugh ! I'm free king myself out and gotta think positive, I'll sure need everyone's help when it gets closer, So I'm working a lot to pay for the remaining amount due ! It's getting tighter and tighter, haven't had much time to work out, what can I do ? I need to work to pay the balance but now I have no time to work out, I want my body to look fantastic for my boobs ! If I have too much weight on surgery date then loose it after, it won't work cuz then my boobs will have loose skin, so I have to loose NOW ! At least 10-15 lbs would be good. I've only got 3 months to go ! Okay so If I think of my end results that I want and all the $$ I'm paying which this is costing me about 13,500 total!! Well then I think I better get my butt up early and do my Workout ! Especially now I can run before I get my new boobs! ! At least I don't have to now worry bout ruining them cuz their already ruined !! Ha ha ! But , how many days a week should I work out ? Remember I'm working super long days to make $$ for the rest of my surgery cost so I'm also tired !! Well so I think I'll start with 4 days a week and that will give me energy and when it does I'll increase !! Oh and I'm good on diet, I'm doing a no sugar natural whole foods only diet, That should help with energy too ! Man! The things we gotta go thru just to look and feel good !! But I gotta remember how happy I will be in the end and keep in mind my wish pictures !! So , can I do it ?? Make enough $$ working long hours , eat right and work out without getting burn out ?? I say YES !! As long as I eat healthy and the exersize should eventually help with energy !! Cheer me on everyone !! It's a hard road ahead these next 3 months !! I'll also take b4 and after pictures later !
So glad you found your surgeon! I'm certain your diligent research and efforts will pay off. Do you have an actual surgery date in November yet? Also, I have moved your review into the Breast Implant Revision community. Can't wait for your pictures!
I can't wait to post before and after pictures too, I know they will be a dramatic difference !! Yes I have a date for Surgery, I might post before pictures once I do my pre- op but I'm kina nervous about posting before pics without after pictures, because the before is soo terrable due to all the repairs needed
No worries on the pictures...wait until you're comfortable! Regarding the surgery date, I can input that into your review for you so your posts will show a countdown until your surgery. Or, we can keep the original BA date in your review. Let me know what you prefer!

Hi, just checking in

I'm still here, just checking in. Been really buisy working working and working !!! I got 1 & 1/2 months more to go !! I amaze myself at how I'm earning all this in such a short time ! Good old fashioned HARD Working Girl !!! Thank God I have good health to do it !!

By the way

Eating healthy has definately increased my energy, don't feel sluggish at all !
Hi Bluetee - glad to hear that things are going according to plan! So excited for you and the new boobies in November!
Blutee, You're such an inspiration & I will send possitive thoughts & prayers your way! I'm so excited for u to get the beautiful breast you deserve! I'm sure you will be able to get that weight off. Thank you for being so detailed, descriptive & honest about your feelings :) I look forward to seeing your transformation. You're definitely surrounded by an amazing group of woman who truly care, Realself is full of amazing women who truly care! I'm so glad you are here & have this type of support during this stressful time. We're all here for u! I agree think possitive & optimistic, don't lethink worries get the best of you. Stress is really hard on your immune system & can actually cause your body not to heal correctly. You're a Strong Woman & you've got this. I pray you'll be able to let some of this stress go....I know, it's easier said than done; I've had 2 botched spinal surgeries & it's an awful feeling, especially when you place your body & trust into a physician who then let's you down. It becomes had to trust again, after my 2 botched surgeries I had lost the strength &most of the use in my legs. They would give out, right from under me! I finally found another surgon & he performed a fusion@L5-S1. I am in constant pain( I so get some relief now & then throughout the day). I had to learn how to walk again, how to cook dinner for my family & even chores around the house & everyday tasks are difficult for me .... I was stuck in bed for over 12 months. I'm slowly regaining strength. The point I'm making is you're definitely not alone in your feelings & fears. I understand how disappointing a life changing surgery can be. Having my major breast lift & augmentation was a Fun surgery for me! :) I still had doubts in the back of my mind & I'm 9 wks post op, so I'm not all of the way healded.....I took a leap of faith & went for it as a gift to myself & so far it had gone well. I wish I had of found this Sisterhood before my procedure, I would of done a couple of things differently. I'm so glad u are hear & I want to thank u for serving our County & for being a part of our wonderful Realself Community! Surrounding you with peace, hope, comfort & positive thoughts. Breath in the healing air & breathe out the stressful thoughts.. Xoxoxo
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon