Melasma Cream THAT WORKS!!!! - Honolulu, HI

Having struggled with Melasma on the balls of my...

Having struggled with Melasma on the balls of my cheeks, forehead, upper lip and nose, I felt cursed. After using Dr. Schlesinger’s Melasma Cream I have NO visible signs of the condition. My skin is clear and even. I developed Melasma in 2009 and have consulted with several plastic surgeons in the Washington DC Metropolitan area and underwent various treatments for the condition. I have tried almost every cream, dark spot corrector and peel on the market –including TCA, Dermaceutic and Melanage and nothing completely rid me of the Melamsa. Within 2-3 weeks of daily use of Dr. Schlesinger’s Melasma Cream my skin had no brown patches and remains clear and radiant. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Schlesinger for the care extended to me. I live in Maryland and Dr. Schlesinger went above and beyond to ensure I was able to have access to his cream; he even called me on a Sunday to let me know he was working to get the cream to me. I visited my plastic surgeon today who could not believe the appearance of my skin and asked that I provide him with Dr. Schlesinger's contact information. My skin looks great and I am grateful to have been the beneficiary his kindness and talent. Feel free to write for photos.

Before & After Photos

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Stephen Schlesinger is terrific. I would trust him with any procedure. Dr. Schlesinger is everything a medical professional should be.

Ok I currently take triluma and finecia cream which is the Konica acid. Triluma is 4% hydroquinone. It's has done wonders and I still get some redness but I still have patches. What exactly is the dr. S concoction? I want to suggest this to my dermatologist.
Hi all. Just got my rx cream from the compound pharm. 8% hydroquinone. 2% kojic acid. I had them leave out retinoid and cortisone. I will prob add in retina after I see how my skin reacts to this since I'm sensitive. Hoping this works bc I'm so over this!!! I had great success w obagi in the past but too harsh for me now. I will keep u updated. Nomee. How is it going for you???
Yay! Hoping it works wonders for you, Gina Marie! Also, I hope your skin will tolerate the compound and not break out. Do you not want to use hydrocortisone? Maybe you can apply that first, then the compound? For me, everyday gets better skinwise. My hubby said that it looks like light freckles now. At this point, I still see it under my foundation, however, I don't need to apply it heavily or to "paint" on extra to the spots. It may take another couple of weeks before its all gone. :-D I think the daily sunbathing for two weeks prior to starting melasma cream regimen caused the delay in clearing this up, but I'm very happy with the results thus far and grateful for the hope it's given me! Can't wait for the good reports from you, Gina! Fingers crossed!
Yes. I ordered aquanil1% cortisone. I should've had them include that but wasn't sure how I would react. And I'm sure the retinoid helps as well but figured if I'm paying 75$ for a cream I can use that separate. I'm surprised w using the cream twice a day u didn't get more irritated. U must have tough skin:). I hope this helps bc it's driving me crazy! I'll keep u updated
I contacted Dr. S office and was told that they do not ship out of HI. How did you get it compounded ?
Yes. Same here. From what I've read in dr S post is that it contains hydroquinone kojic acid. Hydrocortisone and retinoid. Don't know the exact composition but know the ingredients at least. So I had my derm call in a rx to a local compound pharm. They actually have made it for other drs before. Triluma is the same Ingred combined minus the kojic acid. I've read dr S posts and he says kojic is the key Ingred. Anyways, if you go to any derm or even plastic sur I'm sure they can do the same for you. Just have to decide in the percentages of actives. I went w 8% hydroquinone bc I've tried 4 (obagi/zo) and doesn't do much. I already had tretinoin .05% so figured id add that myself so I can skip days since I am super sensitive. Try giving your derm/plastic a call:)
I've had my share of skin irritations, so I'm thankful this cream hasn't given me an irritation. Well, it's not entirely truthful...I been experiencing a slight rash and itching on both cheeks near the jawline, but I'm trying to ignore it. ;). I can relate, girl! Looking forward to your updates.
Probably the retinoid. It takes time for your skin to adjust:) so not fun
Unfortunately, it's true, he doesn't ship out. I had a planned vacation to Maui in May/June, so I contacted Dr. S. to see if it was possible to make an appointment to see him, and it all just worked out. It requires a doctor's Rx, so legally there has to be a patient/doctor relationship.
Oh no. I hope it goes away for u. Maybe back off in that area. I'm shocked he has u using the cream twice daily with the retinoid in it. Speaking of that, day 2 my face is bright red! I know that can happen but goodness. Hoping my skin will adjust and get used to it. Had my dr also call in rx for hydroquinone. Kojic. Retinoid and cortisone. Just to try that as well. Figured i could use that in pm and the other daytime? If I can tolerate it. I'm def red!!!! Did u have that in the beginning?
The skin irritation on my cheeks has actually gone away. I think because it was dry, it became slightly irritated and itchy but lasted only a day or so. Overall, using it twice a day has not been too harsh for my skin at all. My skin has not turned red at all.
I hope your skin adjusts quickly!
Lucky u. I used to have tolerant skin until I did a laser resurfacing a yr and half ago. Anyways. My dr called in my rx with the retinoic acid and cortisone so I will be as close to the cream u have as I can get:). Praying for a good result! Keep me updated how ur doing. When would u say u started to see a diff?
Oh. And what sunscreen do u use. I have a hard time finding one that doesn't burn. So far I've liked a mineral spf 58 sunscreen from a spa that's all natural but it's super expensive
I'd say I started noticing a difference after about a week, but at that point I wasn't sure it was from my vacation tan wearing off or the melasma lightening. Memebebe said that she was completely clear by 3 weeks, and I've been using the cream for 4 weeks now. It's a huge improvement and I'm hoping that I'll be completely clear in 7-10 days. I'll let you know when I post my before and after photos on my own thread. And I'm excited to follow your progress reports! Oh, I use Neutrogena Age Shield Face oil-free lotion sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 110. It didn't used to but it kinda stings now. Just for a few seconds, though. :)
Hi..Doesnt it come back with sun exposure? :( I need the prescription so that I can buy the cream.. every second of my life is all about melasma now
So sorry to hear that. I know how u feel. Do u have a derm or plastic surgeon. They can easily write u a rx for a combo cream with hydroquinone, kojic acid, retinoic acid and hydrocortisone. It's basically tri luma with kojic. Dr S posts indicate he thinks kojic is the key ingredient. Hope that helps? If not, u can always try obagi or tri luma. Obagi worked amazing for me until my skin became too sensitive after a laser (which made melasma worse)! Keep us updated:).
Hi ginamarie! How are you? How's the skin regimen going? :-)
Good!!! I used my retina with some cortisone last pm for the first time along with my compound and so far so good. Going to wait a few more days just to make sure. But my dr called in my rx for the compound with the reinoic acid and cortisone so will get that next week!!! It will be as close to dr s as I can get for now:). Not seeing much changes but only 4 days in. How r u? Can't wait to see the bf and after:)
Good to hear its good with you! The redness you had been experiencing has subsided...wonderful! Yes, it's still early in the game, but maybe in a week or so, you'll be able to see lightening. I should be ready to take my after pic next weekend. I'm amazed at how good my skin looks now compared to the coffee stained skin I had before. I was skeptical that I would have a success story, but now I'm a believer. :-)
Nomee. That's awesome!!! What side effects have u experienced? Have u had the typical redness and peeling that comes w using retinoids? My derm is rx a similar compound and I'm nervous I will be a red peeling mess , like obagi does to you!
Hi! There was some peeling after 5-7 days, but not sure if it was from the old tan, really just flakiness. And it stings a tiny bit at times. Not uncomfortable for the most part.
ginamarie, I would try out the new rx on the weekend when nothing is going on or on an inconspicuous place (behind ear) before using all over. If you're sensitive skinned, I would use caution. When I had had a professional peel done twice the aesthetician said it was pretty strong, but it didn't affect me and that's probably b/c I've used some pretty strong peels in the past (oh, was that ugly!).
Ok thanks. I will def try it out in a small area as I DO have sensitive skin. I had my dr leave out the retinoid so I could use it ev other or ev third if needed. I also left out the cortisone thinking I can apply that separately since I get nervous to use steroid for longer than 2 mo at a time. That's the rec time w triluma...did he advise how to use it? Once daily, for how long, etc??? I also had my derm rx 8% hydroquinone bc I've tried 4% and have heard higher % can give faster results. But it seems dr shlesinger says the key Ingred is kojic? Did he give u any other advice? I was very close to doing fraxel and decided against it when I saw this post and figured id try this out first. I have seen so any scary fraxel stories that I figured this may work better?
The directions are to use once in the morning and once in the evening. Kojic acid may be the key ingredient, but it must be the right combo that does the trick? He actually told me that the success of the cream came as a big surprise to him and had no idea that it would work as well as it has. His main interest is in plastic surgery (mommy makeovers...he is awesome!) and he found the need for mom's who suffered from melasma and worked with a pharmacist nearby to formulate the cream. yeah, I agree...fraxel is scary.