1st Time Towards Chemical Free Face - Honolulu, HI

Cost for Pixel treatment involved $130ish 1st time...

Cost for Pixel treatment involved $130ish 1st time Hydrafacial for prep, $499 Pixel, $135 Skin Medica Post Procedure system = appx $765. Why: I have alot of bad product allergies and want to reduce freckles, pores, fine lines, etc. I needed a way to vanquish some aging signs that is relatively chemical free. Most products I try leave my skin more damaged than before use. So Pixel seemed like it would be my best chance.

Pro: Quick 1 hr intensive treatment procedure (like normal facial time) with estimated 2 day down time. Freckle lightening seems immediate. My clinician was great, did my first Hydrafacial so we could prep skin and meet, and even explained the stacking to me. I met 3 times there in appx. 1 week. 1st consultation, 2nd facial, 3rd brief re:my allergies, 4th Pixel. So, I felt like I had time to make an informed decision and get to know the staff.

Con: It was painful for me (like droplets of boiling water intense), my eyes teared under the goggles for the 4x? stacking. Used procedural numbing creme and given small amount of Rad-X for same day (i have sensitive skin). It smelled awful, like a dentist office only more intense. One side of my face was more sensitive than the other even after I got used to the lazer. The redness was apparent like sunburn and hurt more than expected;- though my cab driver said I still looked like I should see a model/ad agency. Overall, 1st treatment not too bad.

Honolulu Medspa

This is supposed to be the best Medspa in Hawaii. They were courteous to all of my concerns and maybe a little overprotective of me. Before the procedure, they let me try samples of products to let me see if I reacted. They even suggested allergy testing before more invasive treatments. They seem a bit busy and have a hectic desk/phone to manage. Patience.

Hi, While your pixel was done, was their cool air blown onto your face to make it less painful???? I had it done today and it hurt so badly. I felt like my whole face was on fire and I am going to die.
I got through the month after Pixel. I was able to go back to work in 2 days no problem. My skin peeled off by the following week. After that, other women at work told me my skin looks tight (after close up inspection). My new skin though is so sensitive even a month after procedure. I feel the tropical sun rays on my skin intensely;- best to keep a hat on! Aloha

Good job keeping your skin protected with a hat!! It is so good you are being aware of that & protecting that pretty skin! :)

Does the place you went to recommend doing more treatments at regular intervals as maintenance, or will you just kind of wait & see?

The place I went to does a consultation for a "plan". So I decided to give that a try since I've never gone to a dermatologist or med spa in my life before these 2 recent treatments and a facial. And my plan, I requested pixel. They wanted the AFT more, but I was willing to do 1 pixel treatment since my skin was damaged from product allergies. So, aside from that;- maybe regularly scheduled facials would be the "more often" part.
http://www.radxhelps.com/products Rad-X is the brand. Radiation Therapy is the Rad-X Lidocaine lotion. I only needed a small sample to get through 1st day.

Thanks so much for posting a picture. I'm familiar with Lidocaine of course, but am not familiar with Rad-X Lidocaine. Do you mind me asking what that is?

^ 26hrs since treatment. Needed Rad-X Lidocaine yesterday & today. Grid marks appeared after 10 hrs. Face is red, sore...but not that bad looking (not great either)

Glad to hear that even though it was pretty uncomfortable you still felt it was worth it. How long has it been since you had the treatment done?