Even Better Than Expected! - Honolulu, HI

Prior to my breast aug, my husband and I scoured...

Prior to my breast aug, my husband and I scoured the internet for pictures of what we considered to be the ideal breast aug. We looked for pictures that compared well to my pre-op body, shape and size. We compiled them and showed them to Dr. Chu to give him an idea of what we were looking for.

Today, six weeks post-op, we went back to our list to compare- and mine currently beat them all out. We couldn't find a single picture that could compare in placement, evenness, their natural look and size. They are seriously amazing. They look and feel fantastic. They are perfectly sized for my body type and shape- I wound up going bigger than I had planned because I had extra skin from breastfeeding and he encouraged me to try a larger size. I was concerned that I would look too big and it would feel unnatural; on the contrary, I find that he was spot-on in his advice. I went from a post-nursing 34AA to a 34C-D. I am amazed at how much this change has affected my appearance and confidence. I'm a fairly confident person to begin with, but this was one area where I struggled. It's had an incredible effect on multiple facets of my life!

Before

Specs

Since I was so flat as a result of breastfeeding four children (a total of 3 1/2 years of breastfeeding), I had excess skin with little breast tissue. The imaging technology Dr. Chu used also showed that one side of my rib cage (the left I believe) was higher than the other. The right, however, had slightly more breast tissue. To compensate for these asymmetries, I had 475cc in the right side and 450cc in the left. We decided on Mentor's smooth round high profile gel implants.

Other Side

Before

Just so you can truly appreciate the difference, i snagged a pic of my pre-aug printout from my dr last time I went in. As you can see, the girls were simply deflated- exhausted and droopy, they gave their all to my babies!
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

We originally began to look at him because of a recommendation from another plastic surgeon at Tripler. After looking through many surgeons online, primarily reviewing their before and after galleries, we chose Dr. Chu because his afters were consistently flattering to each body type, evenly placed and very natural-looking. During the consultation (which came after an unfortunately long wait- schedule early to avoid that), he was attentive, professional, knowledgeable, personable and honest. He spent plenty of time educating me about the procedure, the options, risks, and possibilities. I had done quite a bit of research prior to our visit, so most wasn't new to me. I was wowed by the fantastic imaging technology used in the office which allowed me to see a 3D depiction of various implant shapes and sizes pictured on my own body. I came away understanding why his appointments ran so late-- he is very attentive and thorough with his patients. He answered every question I had and in every visit since has also anticipated or even reminded me of questions I would have forgotten to ask (I'm terrible at asking questions). I found Dr. Chu to be every bit an artist- and very concerned about how well I take care of his work. In a cosmetic procedure, this is clearly a desirable quality. In post-op care, he falls on the side of caution, recommending a healthy recovery time with minimal upper body movement. While the consult and the pre-op visits lasted quite a while and started late, the follow-ups have been prompt, efficient and concise. He's been readily available to answer any concerns or questions I may have since as well, even providing us his personal cell number to reach him. Would I recommend him to my friends? I already have.