Even Better Than Expected! - Honolulu, HI

Prior to my breast aug, my husband and I scoured...

Prior to my breast aug, my husband and I scoured the internet for pictures of what we considered to be the ideal breast aug. We looked for pictures that compared well to my pre-op body, shape and size. We compiled them and showed them to Dr. Chu to give him an idea of what we were looking for.

Today, six weeks post-op, we went back to our list to compare- and mine currently beat them all out. We couldn't find a single picture that could compare in placement, evenness, their natural look and size. They are seriously amazing. They look and feel fantastic. They are perfectly sized for my body type and shape- I wound up going bigger than I had planned because I had extra skin from breastfeeding and he encouraged me to try a larger size. I was concerned that I would look too big and it would feel unnatural; on the contrary, I find that he was spot-on in his advice. I went from a post-nursing 34AA to a 34C-D. I am amazed at how much this change has affected my appearance and confidence. I'm a fairly confident person to begin with, but this was one area where I struggled. It's had an incredible effect on multiple facets of my life!

Before

Specs

Since I was so flat as a result of breastfeeding four children (a total of 3 1/2 years of breastfeeding), I had excess skin with little breast tissue. The imaging technology Dr. Chu used also showed that one side of my rib cage (the left I believe) was higher than the other. The right, however, had slightly more breast tissue. To compensate for these asymmetries, I had 475cc in the right side and 450cc in the left. We decided on Mentor's smooth round high profile gel implants.

Other Side

Before

Just so you can truly appreciate the difference, i snagged a pic of my pre-aug printout from my dr last time I went in. As you can see, the girls were simply deflated- exhausted and droopy, they gave their all to my babies!
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

We originally began to look at him because of a recommendation from another plastic surgeon at Tripler. After looking through many surgeons online, primarily reviewing their before and after galleries, we chose Dr. Chu because his afters were consistently flattering to each body type, evenly placed and very natural-looking. During the consultation (which came after an unfortunately long wait- schedule early to avoid that), he was attentive, professional, knowledgeable, personable and honest. He spent plenty of time educating me about the procedure, the options, risks, and possibilities. I had done quite a bit of research prior to our visit, so most wasn't new to me. I was wowed by the fantastic imaging technology used in the office which allowed me to see a 3D depiction of various implant shapes and sizes pictured on my own body. I came away understanding why his appointments ran so late-- he is very attentive and thorough with his patients. He answered every question I had and in every visit since has also anticipated or even reminded me of questions I would have forgotten to ask (I'm terrible at asking questions). I found Dr. Chu to be every bit an artist- and very concerned about how well I take care of his work. In a cosmetic procedure, this is clearly a desirable quality. In post-op care, he falls on the side of caution, recommending a healthy recovery time with minimal upper body movement. While the consult and the pre-op visits lasted quite a while and started late, the follow-ups have been prompt, efficient and concise. He's been readily available to answer any concerns or questions I may have since as well, even providing us his personal cell number to reach him. Would I recommend him to my friends? I already have.

You look fantastic!!! I, like you, breast fed lots of babies...two at once, at one point, and had lots of skin to fill. I believe now looking at yours too, it makes for an awesome outcome!!! I like that I could go bigger. I knew I needed to because of all the deflation, that's for sure! Lol doesn't it feel great to fill out lingerie, dresses and bathing suits?!! I, also like you, was confident before my BA but what a difference this has made! Who knew!! Congrats Mamma :) We earned this, big time!!!
Totally agree! I was blown away by how much confidence this has given me, I feel and look amazing! I love filling out my clothes- yes, we earned this.

Wow, the photos from your doctor's office really do show that you did a great job nursing the kiddos. Your results are wonderful...I'm so happy for you! Not sure how old our children are, but how did they react to your surgery and new boobs?

I only just saw this question- my kids at the time were 18mo, 4, 6 and 8. They had varying reactions, my 4 yo son said, "Whoa, Mom! Your boobs are so FAT!!" My 6 yo daughter reacted mostly with concern for my health. My 8 yo daughter felt a bit more anxious about them I think. She didn't like them at first (thought they were too big) and wanted to know why I did it. I explained simply and honestly that I used to have a different figure before I had kids and I didn't feel as feminine with the flat chest I had before. I also admitted to her that sometimes I thought they were too big, too, but since I had extra skin to fill out I decided I would go a little bigger. That seemed to help her feel ok about things and she's gotten used to them now I think.
Thank you for your response...whenever you have time, we're here! I just love your children's responses. Sounds like you handled the situation well with your little ones. They each are at such a different level of understanding. Sometimes their innocent comments kill me though. Hope you're enjoying your new look!

Glad to see you're back on RealSelf! Just curious what motivated you to check your review?
good bye to flat chest you look lovely.
Thank you! I posted another before (sans bikini) to show just how sad they were before!
Wow! Yours look really great:) How many cc's did you end up getting? I am the same stature as you and size before your BA and I also hope to get the same results on June 13. Thank you for sharing...
Thank you! I had some asymmetry, so to compensate I got 475cc in the right side and 450cc in the left.
Wow, you were not exaggerating, they look amazing! The size, the shape, the way they sit, girl, you've got my dream breasts! What size were you before and after?
Thanks, I LOVE them! Before kids I was 34C I think. After breastfeeding 4 kids they were down to 32/34AAs. Currently they are 32/34 D, bordering on DD. I didn't want to go overly big and DD sounds so big to me! But I've learned to ignore the size/numbers and look at how perfectly they fit my frame.
They look great! I hope mine will look like yours, soon.
You look amazing! How tall and how much do you weigh? Congrats!
Thank you! I am 5' 6" and 120 lbs- normally 118, but I've gained a couple and lost some tone during recovery!
Great result! I can totally relate to the busy mamma, no time to sit still fit recovery thing. That was THE hardest part for me. WORTH it though! I, too, love my results ;)
*for

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are pleased with our PS and your results! You research definitely paid off. What are your stats? You look fairly small. How many cc's did you end up getting? And what would you say was the most difficult part of your recovery? Looking forward to your photos!

Update answered all your q's but the last- The most difficult part of recovery has been sitting still! As a mom of four (one being a 19 month old at the time), in retrospect I likely would have waited maybe another year, or at least planned better to be down and out. My doctor wanted me to be as still as possible, arms at my sides for 2 weeks post op to minimize scarring and be as gentle as possible on the healing. I'm beginning to get back to working out, but still have to go easy, which has also been really hard for me! Overall, I'm fine with erring on the side of caution and the results have been great in my case. The way I see it, up to 3 months without working out as hard as I like in exchange for up to 10 years of (hopefully) my ideal body is an easy sacrifice to make!

I agree with you. Three months of not working out is worth it in the long run. What type of work out do you typically do and how often? Seems like you have a work out routine already with 4 kids! Thanks for your updates!

It varies- lately I've been doing Zumba twice a week, soccer once a week, experimenting with CrossFit on my own (so not as fun as doing it in a CrossFit gym!), and BodyRock.tv. I also took pole dancing a while ago and still play around with that every so often. That one will take a while to get back into now I think! I prefer to do workouts that don't feel like workouts, too- like trail runs and hikes, dancing with my kids, boogie boarding, Kinect games on the Xbox and otherwise just playing in general.

Good luck gradually getting back to your great variety of work outs!

are you going to post pics?
Yes- I need to find a good/accurate pic of the befores first, though.
            k