Face Exercises Work

I am posting pics to show that face exercises work...

I am posting pics to show that face exercises work . I have posted these pics especially for nadiahoney (as she wanted to see them). I wont leave them up for long and intend to take them down in 2 weeks.

I didn't buy any face exercise program. Instead I scoured the internet looking for free exercises. They helped me become aware of my own facial muscles and how they move. I then developed my own exercises. my face is now wrinkle free and toned. If you look at the "before" pictures you can see my face was flattening and drooping. My cheeks are now lifted. My lips are fuller. My nasolabial folds have more or less vanished. :)

I am mistaken for someone in their early twenties all the time. I am 41 years old.

Please dont waste your time on botox, fillers and facelift surgery. Give your face 15mins a day and work on different parts of it. So Monday work on eyes. Tuesday on forehead. Wednesday on cheeks. thursday on lips. friday on neck and chin. saturday work on the scalp muscles.

Your brain just needs to be reminded that the muscles are still there. You dont need to spend loads of time on face exercises.

Before I started the face exercises I bought a face muscle electronic stimulator (tua viso). It was very time consuming and yielded very little results. I felt it was a complete waste of money.

Face exercises cost nothing. (unless you buy a face exercise program, which I did NOT bother with).

I am not selling anything. I want to help all those people who are getting depressed looking at their faces aging and think the only solution is to spend thousands and make the cosmetic surgeon richer.

honey bee

RIGHT SIDE OF FACE PICTURES!!!

Here are some pictures showing progress on the right side of my face. :)

LEFT SIDE OF FACE PICTURES!!!

Here are some pictures showing progress on the left side of my face. :)

Forgot to mention....

Forgot to mention that the pics show an increase in lip volume too. :)

NOT A REVIEW BUT A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS TO YOU LOVELY LADIES

Okay, this is not a review but a question. Has anyone noticed (besides me) that when some people use fillers on a long term basis, I'm talking about the total face rejuvenation treatment where the filler is injected into the cheeks, nasolabial line, tear troughs that the skin becomes looser on the face? This means that the individual needs more and more fillers to keep the skin taut. Eventually resulting in a pillow face. In my opinion people with this pillow face look are Madonna, Nicole Kidman, sometimes Helena Christianson has it and sometimes Beyoncé has it. There are others. I saw a picture of Kim Kardashian where it looked like she had let the fillers in her face dissipate and she was unrecognisable because her skin looked so loose.

Also, when fillers are used in the nasolabial fold area long term, then the nasolabial line begins to split into two. Has anyone else noticed this? Nicole Kidman and Nicole Sherzinger both have this splitting of the nasolabial line. Also I have noticed that in some photos Rihanna's nasolabial line is splitting. I would have thought she was too young for fillers but I think celebrities are encouraged to start young with this stuff. i'm not saying these people have had fillers, I'm just saying in my opinion they look as if they have.

I have seen lots of celebrities with these issues and I can post links to show this but I don't think I'm allowed. A friend of mine has been using fillers and botox for about 5 years. She started when she was only about 30, when she didn't need them. She will never admit that she uses them but I can tell because sometimes her face looks inflated and other times it looks deflated and her skin looks loose. Her nasolabial line has split (see picture). Also when her botox is wearing off she gets a horizontal line running from the outer corner of her eye to her scalp. When she smiles she gets terrible crows feet when the botox is wearing off. I am sure this is due to her getting fillers and botox. I have seen both her parents and her siblings and they all have extremely good skin. It is tight and wrinkle free. I believe in her quest to slow down the ageing process she has inadvertently accelerated it.
none

surgeons and doctors (et al) were very discouraging and told me I would end up with lots of wrinkles. They told me to go down the botox and filler route. Costs, long term would have been in the thousands. Then because the botox would have caused my face to sag even more I would have ended up having to fork out more thousands for facelift(s).

Hello! Does anyone know how to perform the exercise of the edge of the face that Honeybee posted at the beginning of the thread? I'm pretty sure it is a crucial exercise, but i'm not really sure that i'm performing it properly. Any help would be really appreciated!! Thanks a lot!
Honeybeee, thanks for starting this topic. I've tried to write a review on Flexeffect and Ageless if you Dare, but it hasn't been published. So I'll put it here: both those programmes have kept my face (48) where I want it: cheeks high and full, eyelids thick and strong, no nasolabial folds or marionette lines (though hints of nasolabial lines due to smiling), a fuller chin than I was blessed with naturally, lips as full as in my 20s. Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises have kept my forehead smooth and brows above where the brow bone drops away. I have plenty of beauty problems, don't get me wrong: a 'mature' facial structure and strong nose (was hardly ever carded even when young) that is good for an 'ageless' look but can easily look old with even very few wrinkles; expression lines that I regularly need to needle; dry, caucasian skin that is photoaging somewhat despite diligent protection. When doctors claim that facial exercises create more wrinkles consider this: decent facial exercises are not about making extreme expressions. They keep referring to Jim Carrey! Instead, I use facial resistance training: building muscle to compensate for subcutaneous fat loss, and to keep muscles high and full. It's about volume and lifting out droopy lines (nasolabial folds, marionette lines). When doctors claim that facial muscles are too thin to be built consider this: they botox overbuilt muscles, such as some forehead and masseter muscles to partly atrophy them. In other words: they do know that facial muscles can become larger.
yes -- good call re targeting certain muscles to build them up while avoiding building up others. When botox is done it doesn't just paralyze everything, it is done in CERTAIN muscles/nerves. The key seems to be working the muscles that help bring up the necessary areas. It's sooo hard though. For me at least.
Also...If anyone has any good exercises or has been able to get rid of marionette lines (corner of mouth to chin lines) without the use of fillers, please let me know! I really need to get rid of these ugly creases that make me look so much older than I am!!!!!
Please the same here. I hate the marionette lines.
Flexeffect and Ageless if you Dare have exercises for this.
Have you done either of these programs? Can you tell me the exercises they did for this area?I heard that both of those programs were really aggressive and caused more harm than good. I read that it gave some more wrinkles than they started with :(
I've used both. Any programme is only as aggressive as you choose to pursue an area too strongly. For instance, as soon as you see any hint of 'monkey mouth', it's time to lay off those exercises and ensure they are balanced by others. Flexeffect emphasises building, but when you read the book in detail, once you have the structure you want, it's about maintenence. Ageless is even more 'maintenance' oriented, in my experience, taking less time and focusing on the muscles that pull things 'up and out'. I can't give you specific marionette line exercises because they are under copyright and one shouldn't just exercise one area without a balanced programme. I'd really recommend working on it that way.
Honeybee, I was going over your exercises and didn't see one for the marionette line area (the area by your mouth and cheek where you got rid of those lines)....Do you have any exercise for those? Also, you said "do exercise for as long as you want"....I don't want to overdo anything...Is there any way you could put how many times of each exercise to do? I don't want to end up looking like Joan Rivers by doing the exercises all day long....lol. Thanks so much!
I have that problem also and would love to know the answer.
Can be done anything for '' 11 lines '' between eyebrows ? I try frownies they stay on my forehead 8-9 hours - all the night and the lines are almost gone for 10-20 minutes , that's all
1. Stop yourself from frowning - keep checking up on yourself. 2. Microneedle deep in the lines to restore collagen. Find a good Permanent Makeup salon that does this if you don't want to DIY. I wouldn't dermaroll if you just want to lift out deep lines. 3. Try Tom Hagerty's exercises for lifting the brow and exercising the scalp. Very easy to fit into the day and really effective.
Anabana, Try looking up Facial Detox. It's worked wonders for my 11's. I don't do the whole program, just bits and pieces. It's basically rubbing your 11's with the back of your hand. You just go back and forth along your 11's with your palmside faced outward. Rub quickly and count 30 strokes. I do it once in the morning and once before I go to bed. I also do 2 days of doing the rubbing then take a day off, then 2 days of rubbing again and then another day off and so on (which is almost 5 days a week.) Make sure not to have any lotion or make up on while doing it or it won't work so well. I noticed a difference after a couple of weeks of doing them. Within 3 months my 11's and the other lines on my forehead were completely gone!!!
That's a great tip, riverdance ,for the 11's. So cool that you were able to get rid of them ! Wow! I am going to start it asap! I do something similar for my crowsfeet..it's a bonus exercise of Carolyns..I hope to rub them right off my face :)
Hello! I'll be 30 in one week. I've always had crows feet when I smile (its about how my muscles are) and a fine nasolabial furrow only in my right side, probably because this is just how my muscle shape is. Do you think Facial Fitness might help? Is to soon to start? Thanks a lot
No, I've been doing facial exercises for years, and the point is to restore volume and lift sag upward (after aging fat loss) by building muscle. That is effective. However, the massage factor in the programme I follow may help restore collagen somewhat, but I can't find a SINGLE bit of proof of this online in a proper study. Despite massaging daily my skin has continued to age normally (expression lines and sun damage), and it's only through micro needling that I've really removed wrinkles. I'm adding Vitamin C serum and retin-a now.
I'm pleased to read where you have used both micro needling along with facial exercise. I have been using the derma roller for a few months and wondered if I would be compromising the effect of one or the other. In other words, would I 'undo' the work one method had started?! So far, I have seen zero results from my efforts but, I just started in earnest a month ago. At my age, 71, it takes longer to see results, if that should, indeed, happen. Otherwise, I will be looking into dermabrasion in the future. I refuse to become a prune!!
Nordicnita, check out the Owndoc site, Sarah Vaughter has done a lot of research. What depth of needles are you using?
Hi, InnerBeauty, I am using needle size 1.5. Started out with 1.0 4 years ago, quit that for several years as I hadn't seen any results. It could have been occurring but was so minimal I didn't notice. But, now the lines and wrinkles are far more numerous. I hate looking in the mirror! I will go into Sarah's site and check it out further. Thx!!
Hi Nordicnita, I'm sorry to hear that. My theory is that deep wrinkles need to be treated like deep acne scars: by single needling or very narrow stamps/rollers. Young people with acne scars have been very successful by doing single this persistently and repeatedly. I suspect that if we just roll a surface with deep wrinkles, the surrounding skin might get more of the needling, thus actually developing more collagen and getting thicker compared to the deepest lines. I've been very successful with single needling: peri-oral lines gone, bunny lines gone, horizontal forehead lines gone, parenthesis lines (deepest and always emphasised by smiling all day ) reduced. Think of filler injections: they are done into the wrinkles, not the surrounding skin. I do use a small 1.5 stamp from owndoc on the parenthesis lines and first hints of nasolabial lines, as there is a certain width of skin that needs more collagen. I push them outward from inside the mouth to really get deep into these lines and build collagen inside them. I only use my roller and larger stamp for large areas that need a better texture: cheeks, hands, shins, elbows. So that's my take on why some people are dissatisfied with the dermaroller: their skin may be very successfully making more collagen, but not getting deep into the lines or building the same amount of collagen all over skin and in wrinkles, so making no visible difference. Also: make sure you're eating enough protein to really build skin.
Hey I was looking at the dermastamp. I noticed a version of the rejuvapen on ebay but am undecided. It seems difficult so maybe I will check out owndoc - thanks for reminding me of this! I think I bought some other stuff from there a long time ago.
Hi, InnerBeauty! Thanks for your interesting and educational response. It all makes so much sense.! I have some single needles as well as a derma stamp but will order others. First, I need to do a little research on OwnDoc regarding using both facial exercise and the dermastamp/roller. I do focus on protein, eat very healthy for my heart and skin. Kale is a daily vegetable for me as well as other greens, etc. Am I understanding you correctly that you actually use the derma stamp inside your mouth? I would think it would be so painful and cause bleeding. I am looking for whatever works, naturally, tho. Thanks so much for your info and what has worked for you! Hugs!
I find that site pretty supportive and the prices decent.
Hi Nordicnita, I don't see much about facial exercises on Owndoc. Try the Flexeffect CFF and Ageless if you Dare sites. NOOOO, don't use stamps inside the mouth!!! I put a finger into my mouth to push my parenthesis lines outward, then on the outside I can stamp deep into those wrinkles. Does that make sense?
Hi, InnerBeauty-Thx for explaining your technique! I was happy to learn I was misunderstanding! I know Sarah does not have facial exercise but am interested in learning what she thinks about combining facial exercise and derma rolling. I looked into the Flexeffect site yesterday and found in interesting. I fear doing too much as muscles do require rest in order to build. I usually do the CFF on Mon, Wed and Fri. Often times during the day . do lip exercises to try to eliminate those horrid lines, there. It's a never ending battle just like the 'love handles'!!