My First Time with Mequinol / Tretinion.

Alright so here I am, experiencing tingles all...

Alright so here I am, experiencing tingles all over my body, like iced tingles. Not very strong, just lightly, it actually feels nice and my skin feels tight and form. So why am I feeling this way?

Well.. About half an hour ago I just applied Mequinol and tretinion onto myself. Why? Because I live in a Western country that depicts beauty and youth with paler skin.

I made my preperation by mixing 100ml of Mequinol Crystals, 10 ml of Tretinion powder and I put in about half a bottle of glycerin (although im thinking maybe a full bottle would have been better, now). i added purified water to the rest up to 500ml. I blended it thoroughly, then I added another 500ml 30+ sunscreen. It's very hot here, and we are approaching summer, so I wanted to be protected. I chose to make it as a spray because it is easier to apply and I do suffer from chronic fatigue and therefore not motivated enough to apply a cream to my whole body.

Okay well I started by applying it to my legs, I didn't feel anything and I was wondering if I applied the right dosage. Then when I got to my genitals I felt a bit of a sting, I felt worried at first but then I thought I would leave it and see what happens. Then I did the rest of my body and when I got to my face, it felt like this high frequency icy burning sensation, especially around my lips (I tried to avoid them, but a bit got on the outer parts). Now I was starting to get worried, because this wa sa burning sensation unlike I have never felt before on my face, it felt like my face was burning with ice and it felt like it was a very high vibration burning. I decided to wait a few minute4s and if the burning didn't subside, I would wash it off.

Well it all subsided, apart from a sort of icy tingling sensation around my body. I wonder what is going on? Now to all the plastic surgeons here and dermatologists who read this, I can only expect you would recommend me to 'stop doing it' and 'see a dermatologist'. But im not interested at all. I've done my research and beleive me, I have done plenty to my face in the past and it all recovered. (the worst of them being accutane!). I want to look lighter and more beautiful, I want to stand out more and be noticed, and this is my way of doing it (that I can afford right now). boo-yeah!

Also think I should mention the substance had a light yellowy colour and usng it on the spray was a very good idea, it worked very well and was easy to spread and rub in. But I think more glycerin would have made it glide easier on my body.

My dosage was much too high. I only used it twice,...

My dosage was much too high. I only used it twice, but it has burned me. I feel a light burning sensation all over my body and my face is peeling like mad! I highly recommend anyone willing to undergo this treatment to use a maximum strength of 4% Mequinol and 0.1% Tretinion, I also suffered some psychological damage which I was fortunately able to repair with my kinesiology practitioner. She muscle tested me and found it would take 6 weeks for my skin to heal. After that time, I will do this again, because I do want to get lighter and shed off old scarred skin. But I will start with 4% Mequinol and 0.1% Tretinion. I'm not recommending anyone to mix up home cuncuctions, but if you do, be very careful. I've read about people who have experienced burning and yet continued to use the product. I can only imagine that, that would create psychosomatic disorders in the mind and damage the skin beyond repair. So do your research carefully and I hope I have contributed in pioneering this 'make it at home remedy' and offered some good advice for anyone that goes after me looking for a kitchen cocktail solution. Ive read reviews of daring individuals who think 10% is okay (or above). There is a reason why nothing over 4% has been FDA approved for treatment of age spots. I also consider that since I used 10x the amount of tretinion I should have, that would have greatly contributed to the burning.

I ended up going to hospital because the burning...

I ended up going to hospital because the burning got bad and it started to affect me psychologically. The people at the hospital got me to stand under running water in the show for half an hour to help soothe it. They ran tests and they did some research. They told me I have the symptoms of a chemical peel, and 1% tretinion has been used for chemical peels. So I basically gave myself an all over chemical peel. I didn't get much redness or swelling, im actually so happy and relieved, deep down inside I knew I hadn't done any damage and I would come out looking better than ever, but because of the pain, I got worried. Now, my skin looks great, my face and genitals peeled a whole lot and I have very light confetti like lighter pigmentation on the back of my hands, but you can barely notice it. I will use this at a safe dosage and watch as I become younger, lighter and more radiantly beautiful. Now there are allot of people who have experienced these symptoms, most of them are smart enough to stop. Just letting you know, if you don't do the right dosage and you start feeling these symptoms, you have overdone it, and your skin needs 4 - 6 weeks to heal. I will never end my pursuit for eternal youth and beauty because I am 28 and I still look 18. This is just the beginning!

Update

0.1% tretinoin is too strong, it leaves the skin too vulnerable and thin. I have stopped treatment. If I ever return, I will use a higher amount of mequinol and a lower amount of tretinoin (probably 0.01% tretinoin). Mostly because the lightening results were too little and went away after I stopped. And I heard you still get good results if you use a very small amount of tretinoin. In any case, dissolving 0.1% tretinoin and then adding mequinol to it is suicide on the skin. This combo still needs more research, but from what I have read and from experience, I would dissolve 0.01% tretinoin, 6% mequinol in as little alcohol as possible and go from there. Care for your skin.

Heres the deal, both these chemicals are not good for your skin in the long term. I don't care what anyone say's about their benefit's. Be careful and learn to love yourself the way you are, highlight your beautiful skin the way it is and give a big middle finger to anyone who does agree with you. If you go down this path, do it slow, do it smart.

Advice

Okay people have been sending messages asking me for advice, because I am not a professional doctor it is realselfs responsability to delete those messages which they have. Please kindly ignore everything and DO NOT USE anything higher than mequinol 5%. If you used higher and experienced some problems, don't worry they will fade away can be assisted with a good quality fading cream. Yes mequinol 5% with a tiny bit of retin a will give you about 6 shades lighter in 3 years semi permanent. Don't mess with it too much. Im not doctor but I think I have a right to say don't use anything over 5%. Ignore my prior advice. Don't mutilate your body in the search for perfection. I have grown to love my tan, and others too. Why not try to appreciate what you have, if not, I totally understand but im sorry there is no easy way to lighten your skin, especially permanently.

Please research how mequinol works before forming an opinion.
oops. I posted this in the wrong place
I have been readind comments on here please can anyone tell me the best way of using this product Mequionol? I have perhaps ordered a higher strength of this product which is a 12%, I'm expecting to receive it anytime this week but having been reading how stinging it can be, I think I could do with some advise on how to dilute it to at least a lower strength. My skin is badly damaged by the unknown types of bleaching cream that left my face and neck badly pigmented that I feel no cream could lighten my complexion and be beautiful again. The 12% Mequinol that if have ordered and waiting to receive is a ready made 100grms medical jar, so how to dilute it and what to dilute with I have no idea, please I invite anyone who reads this statement to please help me.
Heres my advice. 12% mequinol with 0.01% tretinoin is good. tretinoin leaves your skin too sensitive and a too low a dose of mequinol produces very slow results. But I have to warn you, anything over 4% mequinol is quite cytotoxic, therefore I cannot promise you that you will not get sick or develop a skin problem. In any case, I advise you start off with what feels right for you and to stop if you have any problems.
Hi Vee, I am very pleased to have got a reply from you, your comments and advises are highly welcome and appreciated at anytime, having been reading your comments and opinion to others, I came to love all your points prior to this skin lightening issues, I'd like to say you're one of the most experienced and intelligent individual in here. So since I have already bought this 12% Mequinol what advise can you give me now, I wouldn't like to damage my skin even more course it is badly done already, I am left with white spots and black marks on my legs, my arms, and worse on my face and neck area, I look spotty. I am black but with coffee colour skin, now that I've damaged my skin with these unknown cream, I'm now darker than my original colour, how to correct it honestly I don't know but tips from people like you Vee' could benefit me 100% I really want to know how I could bring down the strength for this 12% Mequinol to the lowest reasonable percentage that I can stand. You stated Tretinoin 0.01%, does this comes mixed together with the Mequinol or it is something I need to purchase separated and mix together as one? Please could we keep in touch on my journey of finding what could possible solve my dilemma?
Dilute the Mequinol to 6%. This strength will take longer, but it is much safer for the skin. Use 0.01% tretinoin (retin-a). based on my research, I found that using a strong tretinoin cream is not necessary, tretinoin is very powerful and I have even stopped using it at 0.1%. However I could easily tolerate it at 0.01%. Buy a 0.1% tretinoin cream. If the cream is 40 grams, then you would mix 20 grams with your 100 grams mequinol cream and add another 80 grams of plain cream of your choice (I recommend QV or cetaphil cream) If you want to add something to nourish and heal your skin, you can add 80 grams of cocoa butter instead, which I highly recommend and can be bought on ebay. Mix these ingredients in a blender, and do not use this blender for food! So altogether you should have 200 grams of cream, and the other half of your retin-a can whip you up another batch. I really appreciate what you have written about me and I am happy to be of service. You have to remember that mequinol is cytotoxic and tretinoin makes the mequinol cream dissolve deeper into the skin, so you have to be careful otherwise you can run into some major problems.
Oh Vee*****thank you for a much detailed reply, that is more of a consultation to be honest, I hope most people could rely on your advises to get the best out of these lightening cream. You're so professional born if not trained. I am going to do just as you explained to me and I'll make sure I miss nothing. I will keep you updated how I am getting on as I find you very brilliant and I'd highly recommend you to all my friends. Please Keep it Up Vee!!!
:) Thank You. I am studying to be a beauty therapist, so I really appreciate your feedback and in the future I can help people more, but I won't recommend mequinol to people who don't know about it because of the laws surrounding it. However if anyone approaches me about it and asks for advice, I am happy to help! The only reason why I don't use it now is because I already spend so much time and effort on my face and hair, microdermabrasion, dermaneedling, etc. But when I feel up to it I will definately go back to it. I would be happy if you let me know how it works for you. It could take 1 - 2 years just to go 3 shades lighter however.
Have u used it yet cause I to have hyperpigmentation and need a product that work I fill so depressed and left out cause of this
Vee! Hello again just to give you a feedback how I'm getting on with Mequinol cream mixed with Tretinoin, since I've only started 3 weeks back I have not seen any happy results yet apart from irritation that I get from the drug. Also I doubt if the Mequinol I bought online is the genuine one, it is kind of a Jelly in a faint Pinkish colour 113 grams jar, but does this cream suppose to be in a jelly form? And what colour does it has to look? I'm kind of hesitating to apply it now I am just scared.
Me nor RealSelf cannot be held responsible for the products you buy. You do so at your own risk. It may or may not be genuine, I do not know, and there is also a chance you got the mixing wrong. If you follow advice its at your own risk and you have to be discerning. Unfortunately there are no reputable sellers of mequinol or retin-a so there is no guarantee of improvement. This is why I have personally steered away from skin whitening for a while and concentrated on the other parts of myself that I can more safely improve with plastic surgery, anti ageing devices etc. Retin-a is highly toxic for some people even on a very low dose, it depends on the person, my friend uses 0.1% and she has great results but she only uses it once every 3 - 4 days because of how strong it is. You will find most the irritation is caused by retin-a (tretinoin) mequinol should not have that kind of impact. If you buy the crystals raw and research what the smell and texture is, you would have a better chance at buying the genuine article. Also please understand if you want to lighten safely, it is better to be patient, may take a few years to reach your goal but it may be worth it. All the best on your skin lightening journey. Please be safe!
I heard that John Plunkett's Super Fade Cream performs miracles. It has 2% hydroquinone so it is quite safe to use and it is an Australian Product, Australian Products are under strict quality control.
Vee thanks for your detailed information, had my skin not been ruined already by some other creams of which some I have no clue what they were called by then, Vee I wouldn't have bothered myself bleaching my skin at all. So the skin damage has been done already and I am trying to see if I could fix it though it may end up being another damage on top of the other. Skin Pigmentation" Loads of Dark Patches on my Face, Neck and my Legs" Kind or my Skin has been Freckled Vee.
Hi I'll try to see if I can find the John Plunkett's Super Fade Cream an give it a go, thanks Vee and I like your comments and advices!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm daring like you, but I have also made mistakes and I also go by my instincts and do allot of research beforehand. I'm sorry about what happened to you. I think it is a good idea if you focus on treating the hyperpigmentation. My friend had pigmentation and freckles and she used Super Fade Cream and her skin is all smooth one colour.
Vee" I would do anything to get my skin back to normal and whenever it's sorted I will never repeat the silly mistakes I did before. I ruined my skin that I am not ashamed to say I regret big-time and I don't want to think it is kind of none reversible. By the way Vee I have just ordered that "John Plunkett Superfade Cream on Plunkett Pharmaceuticals) remember you said your friend used it and it brought dramatic results for her, I thought I should give it a try, if it doesn't work for me that would be tough luck for me as we all know that what works for the other does not mean it will work for everybody you know. I ordered 2 x 60ml tubes. I'll update you how I'm getting on as soon as I receive the product since I just ordered online 30 minutes ago. Many thanks!!!
It takes time to work, about 8 months I think. Listen, life is about making mistakes, it's unavoidable, I make mistakes sometimes over and over, but I try to learn from them. Be constructive instead of emotional and ask yourself what you learned, and how you can deal with that issue in the future, it takes courage to do this and real maturity to see that there are way's to accomplish your goals and be successful more safely. You are either expanded or limited by your thoughts and you should open your mind to greater possibilities and not allow your experiences to make you draw false conclusions or limitations upon yourself.
Vee I'm speechless it take a very intelligent person to put something in writing like you just did for me. I will be a fighter and never give up, your words of encouragement have been taken into consideration thank you. You're Brilliant!!!!
So this stuff can make you sick . I wanna use this stuff because I want to Match my vitiligo I want to be lighter to blend. How long would it take for 20% menquinol to work for someone. I am light skinned.
Vee, I would like to know if after this 2 years of using the 6% mequinol and 0.01% tretinoin the 3 shades that you have gone lighter are permanent... I mean, if i stop using it will i go back to my original color?
Hi susie I prefer not to, mostly because im not sure if it is real. Ive been using it for a while and my skin is only a few shades lighter than the back of my hand, which could be caused from the tretinion, plus I lost the contact, I found them on alibaba.com be careful with buying on there, theres allot of fraud.
I've contacted 3 people and not 1 person responded back , so I Will just buy from the company, instead of Alibaba . Thank you , I was told monobenzone is only for people with vitiligo
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hello there, Could you give me the name of the company you purchase your mequinol crystal from?
Hi Vee, It seems you know what you are talking about... Thanks for the info and it would be nice to stay in touch ...