I Love my Home TCA Peels!

I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my...

I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my sundamaged skin. At 42 I've tried IPL, Active/Deep FX, Microdermabrasion etc. I started doing home peels a couple of years ago from MUAC. After spending so much money and noting no matter what the cost the results were always temporary I've gone more and more to doing things myself. I started very conservatively with Glycolic and Lactic acid peels.. then 8% TCA... 12% TCA.. 15% and now settled with 21%. You really have to start slowly and see how your skin reacts! I had a couple of scary moments when I thought I'd done too much and had to develop nerves of steel but feel like I've approached this the right way and love my results. Two passes with 21% and I get good frosting and peeling. The results are worth the wrinkly face I have to deal with for a week. Wrinkles around my eyes disappear and skin tone is evened out. Like anything it doesn't last forever ( few months) and then I need to do it again but for the cost haven't found anything better. Just be careful everyone's skin is different!

Hi! Well I'm no expert either obviously but I don't think you should peel more than 3 or 4 times/year-- depends on the depth too. If you do a very light peel say 8 or 12% you could do them more often but any higher you would want more time in between... Hope that helps.
thanks for getting back to me! :) Ok.. in your review I got the impression that you did peels every few months.. what frequency and concentration have you found works best for you? And.. are you applying the acids to those pesky orbital area wrinkles? I just turned 40 and I'm seeing changes that are not making me very happy.. :-/ and being of few resources I'm trying to figure out what I can do about them on my own... thanks so much for taking the time to share..
I do them approximately every 3 months. Like i said i started low. Once a % didn't work anymore even with 3 passes I moved up. Now I'm at 21% which is great for now. Those wrinkles around the eyes are my main issue as well but I've read conflicting things about using it there. I do put some around the outside and fairly close underneath never too close and only one pass as the skin is super sensitive there and you could burn. Or get it in your eyes! Be very conservative about it if you try it! Much much better to have meh results than damange your skin :)