23 Years Old

Hi, I have done soooo much research on a tca...

Hi, I have done soooo much research on a tca chemical peel. I have very bad acne scars and blackheads.I decided to try a chemical peel at home using a 15% tca chemical peel. Mind u this is my first peel. Once I applied it, it did burn and I start frosting after a minute I had it on. I went through the whole five minutes the. Applied a second layer especially to places where it didn't frost and I let it stayed on for 4 minutes the I neutralize baking soda and water. About almost immediately after I cleansed my face I applied neosprion. Some minutes later my faced turned dark in the areas where the frosting occured. All I'm wondering is this normal? What should I do to make sure my skin isn't damaged. I've read that aa lot of people use Aquphor and/or hydroquinone. I have pictures. My face looks a lot greasy because of the neosporin. Can someone please help me please and I ask that some of you keep the criticism to yourself. What should I do?

You probably should of went with your dermatologist instead to perform a chemical peel on you. I was going to do a home peel on myself, but quickly changed my mind when I read all the bad reviews on it.
I think it is very important to treat one symptom at a time. It looks like you suffer from cystic acne, scarring, and hyper pigmentation. It's best if the acne is treated and healed prior to treating the scarring and hyper pigmentation. You could really damage your skin where you had active acne that reached the surface of your skin (because the skin is open and irritated and the surrounding skin is healthy and normal). Please google a good at home remedy for treating chemical peel burns. See a dermatologist if you don't see significant healing in 3-4 days. Next time, please let a professional perform your peel.
Thank you for posting your review.   Here is a link to some information from our doctor Q&A's on

Chemical Peel Recovery Time

This will provide you will some great information.