Lipoma Excision (Forehead) - Hollywood, CA

I just saw a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills for...

I just saw a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills for what I thought was a sebaceous cyst on my forehead. After examining it, he told me that it is actually a lipoma. The doctor used the word "tumor", which instantly brought to my mind the word "cancer" but its probably benign. I Don't have any Insurance and am planning on paying this out of pocket, which sucks. First Surgery Ever!

wish me luck.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipoma is actually just a fat deposit. Definition:A lipoma is a benign tumor composed of adipose tissue. tissue, or fatty tissue. Your surgery was cheap, cheap, cheap! It can cost up to $4,000 or more and the fact that he did it on your face ( forehead ) usually costs even more. Your doctor probably does a lot of more complicated plastic surgery and this was probably minor compared to what he usually does and no anesthesiologist was needed so just a local. Just an anesthesiologist costs $1000 to $2000. A.H.
me as well had that operation too last Thursday.. and now my nose and right part of my eye got swell.. is it normal??
Are you glad you had it removed? Are you happy with the results?

MJV how did this turn out? Are you happy with the results?

Welcome to RealSelf, MJV.

Lipoma is a much nicer word than tumor (!). According to this page, they are always benign, so that's good news anyway.

Good luck with your surgery. I'll be following your post to see your results. :)