Dermapen (A Bit Different Than Derma Roller) - Holliston, MA

I had my first Dermapen treatment yesterday. I...

I had my first Dermapen treatment yesterday. I have been looking into skin improving treatments for quite awhile now, trying to decide which is best (thanks to RealSelf I have learned so much, also a big THANK YOU to all the people who share their experiences).

The results I am hoping for are wrinkle reduction, pore reduction and sagging reduction. My appointment was with Dr Cristina Beatrice at Bella Aesthetics in Holliston Mass (close to Boston). The office looks new and is very clean, the gentleman in the office was very nice.

I opted for no numbing cream, it was painful but tolerable. Dr. Beatrice was wonderful! She explained everything step by step. 1. she washed my face and neck very well with a clarisonic type machine 2. she washed my face and neck with an alcohol wash 3. she washed my face and neck with an antiseptic wash 4. she put an hyaluronic serum on each section of my face as she was working on it. 5. Starting with my forehead she used the dermapen with 3 passes on each section differing the depths....horizontally, vertically, and circularly from forehead to bottom of neck.

She was extremely thorough and very enjoyable with her explanations and kindness. (I was a bit nervous and chatty, she answered all my questions patiently as she was working on me) 6. she washed my face removing the extra hyaluronic serum 7. she put a vitamin c mask (with other vitamins and minerals in it) on for 5 minutes and washed that off 8. put on a special serum that she gave to me to use at home. When I left my face had tiny red dots on it in some places, was quite warm, and looked and felt as if I had a light sunburn.

Instructions after.......drink lots of water, no sun and putting on the serum she gave me 3 times a day for 3 days. Approximately 1&1/2 days later I still have some fading red dots and a very light pinkness to my skin. Dr. Beatrice told me it takes 3-4 weeks for collagen growth/repair (if I understood that correctly) and the results are more evident after the second treatment. The Dermapen company I believe recommends 3-6 treatments depending on the condition being treated (I asked lots of questions to Dermapen before I made an appointment). I am extremely excited by the changes that I see already BUT I will keep posting because it is only a day and a half since treatment (and I am well aware, thanks to REALSELF, that it could be due to puffiness etc). I bought 3 treatments each spaced a month apart, and if I understand correctly the treatments get more aggresive than the first one. This is a progressive results treatment, I am very excited to see how well it works on me, I am looking forward to my next treatment, and I will keep posting. Since I am a serious info seeker, ask anything you want and I will try to answer :o) I highly recommend Bella Aesthetics but I hesitate to say that because I am afraid it will get so busy that I will not be able to get an appointment lol

UPDATE: ONE WEEK POST TREATMENT LINES ARE A BIT...

UPDATE: ONE WEEK POST TREATMENT
LINES ARE A BIT DIMINISHED
PORES ARE A BIT SMALLER
SCAR BELOW MY EYEBROW HAS IMPROVED
OVERALL FACE AND NECK LOOKS A BIT TIGHTER
SKIN LOOKS PLUMP AND GLOWY (AS MY SISTER SAID WHEN SHE SAW ME)
Bella Aesthetics: Dr.Christina Beatrice

I found Bella Aesthetics by calling the Dermapen company which gives the list of places performing the treatment by state. Dr Cristina Beatrice was extremely kind, patient and thorough. A perfect experience!