I Hit my Nose After Rhinoplasty

Three weeks ago I had rhinoplasty. I did it...

Three weeks ago I had rhinoplasty. I did it because of a dorsal hump and to narrow the base of the nose. I was pleased with the outcome when the splint was taken off 7 days later. Even with the expected swelling (more swollen on one side than the other), the bridge looked very straight and the bone structure on both sides felt and looked even.

But after my accident (I hit myself with a bag of groceries containing a jar of spaghetti sauce) there as a noticeable indention on the upper right side. I felt it immediately and over the last 7 days there it has not improved.

I saw my doctor the day after the accident, he felt my nose and said if the bone structure had been moved at all it was by fractions of a millimeter. He assured me that with patience the results will be beautiful and even. I paid for a 30 day accident insurance policy and feel strong about taking advantage of it to have my nose readjusted now.

Since my doctor feels positive, I am torn whether I should insist on the adjustment. What and how would the revision be made? I would appreciate some information and feedback on this issue. Thank you for your time.

Austin Plastic Surgeon

He is sencere and knowledgable. I find it very easy to talk to him and not rushed what so ever when I have an appointment with him. His staff is also very friendly and personable.