Tummy Tuck with Hysterectomy, Best Decision

I am 3 weeks post op from my tummy tuck. Overall I...

I am 3 weeks post op from my tummy tuck. Overall I had a good experience. I am 44 years old with 3 teen age kids. I have always been small 5'1" and 117 pounds at most, except during pregnancy (I got up to 155). I work out and and was toned everywhere but in my stomach. I had a pooch and loose flabby skin.

I was at the gynecologist for my yearly exam and was told I needed a partial hysterectomy (Utreus only) due to a fibroid tumor. My Dr. said it is common to combine TT with hysterectomy. This was a dream come true!!! I interviewed 2 plastic surgeons and made my decision.

My surgery was Feb. 11th. When I woke up I was in a little bit of pain in my upper stomach at the top of my rib cage. I spent 2 nights in the hopsital with a pain pump, the best invention in the world. My pain never got over a 2!! Coming home was fine, I slept in a chair with pillows and only got up to go the bathroom for the first 3 days. Day 6 I went back to the ps and was told to move more. I was in some pain but it was tolerable. I decided to stop all narcotics and switch to Ibuprofen.

I got the drains removed at almost 2 weeks. This was the best feeling. I had been extemely nautious and couldn't figure out why. Once the drains were removed I felt instantly better and completey better with in 2 days. I still feel stiff in my stomach area and my upper stomach is still the most painful and swollen. I am very happy with my new stomach, even though I know it will change in the next 6 months.

I was at the plastic surgeon yesterday for my 3...

I was at the plastic surgeon yesterday for my 3 week visit. I must say that the TT is a much harder recovery than the hysterectomy. I am still restricted from doing mnay activities, lifting anything over 5 lbs, walking too much etc. If I had just had the hysterectomy I believe I would be able to mall walk at the very least. I still feel that this was a good decision. I believe by the summer I will be very glad I decided to do both procedures. I just have to be careful slow down now!!

He took the time to explain the procedure. I trusted his expertise to make me look natural. His office was always available.