Unhappy with a Revision, So Decided to See if I Can Get my Own Boobies Back - After 7 Years of Implants, 36 Years Old. GB

I had my first breast augmentation in 2007, I was...

I had my first breast augmentation in 2007, I was then 28 years old and a 34A. I had 240cc Nagor silicone implants over the muscle and really loved them - they fitted me well and I felt in proportion. I'd say I was a full 34B small C. Clothes and bras were definitely easier to buy after my augmentation.
I think they looked better in clothes and underwear than naked - I had a slight natural asymmetry from my breast bone (which was minimal - I didnt even notice it and my surgeon didnt point it out ) it made the implants slightly offset, which I was conscious of.
I had these implants for 6.5 years, towards the end of that time I had developed grade 3 capsule contraction on my right and grade 2 on my left, the implants had also infolded (both implants) towards the cleavage area - they did not feel nice at all. I hadn't actually noticed how hard they had become, as I had forgotten what natural boobs felt like!

I had a revision in January 2014, it was suggested I had a wider implant to correct the symmetry (but keep the same projection) and keep in the over the muscle placement. I like to work out and was told under the muscle could cause problems. The new implants were silicone textured 310cc Allergan, I thought this sounded quite big, but was told they were just a bit wider so figured it would be fine. I also had a capsulectomy in both of my breasts due to the contraction.
After the revision I just hated them, they were big, heavy and I could feel ripples in the implants along the bottom, on the top and side of my left boob, I didnt have that problem before and it made me not want to touch them. I wore a sports bra 24/7 (except in the shower of course!) because of the heaviness. I went for a couple of consultations with other surgeons for their opinions on this revision and what could be done should they not improve. They basically confirmed that because the implant was wider them my natural breast - it was therefore just skin covering them...which could have thinned out because of the capsulectomy (I felt the capsulectomy wasnt explained to me as I didnt realise you could potentially loose tissue when its performed)
In one of the consultations, the surgeon suggested going behind the muscle and covering the implant in pig skin for extra coverage. At this point I just thought enough is enough and started to look into explant. The same surgeon who suggested the pig skin said I would look saggy, deflated and would need a full lift if I had them removed, needless to say I was quite upset on the way home. I never told anyone I had implants as I felt embarrassed - the only person who knew was my boyfriend, so this site has been great to chat to ladies in the same position!! thank you! :)

After doing an internet search I found Adrian Richards from Aurora clinics, he has performed a lot of explants. Mr Richards examined me and said he thought I'd have a good result as my skin and nipple position were good and he'd expect me to return to pretty much what I was before. At this point my age is 36 years old and a 34 full C (originally an A) I have not had any kids.
I was so happy I booked to have them removed on the 9th June - I only had my revision implants for 4.5 months, gutted as it was very expensive - but I wasn't ready to try explanting before my revision. I thought if I tried the explant route and after a year hated it - I could always have them put back in, but really wanted to see if I can pull off the explant and be happy.
I was told I wouldn't have drains and the capsules would stay, as they were so new anyway. I wonder if the tissue I may have lost in the capsulectomy - I'd get a bit back from the new thin ones that had grown in the 4.5 months?!
I had the implants removed at Highgate Hospital, the staff were all so nice, I was very impressed. Mr Richards and his nurse Aggie were lovely to me. I woke up in hardly any pain and surprisingly felt great. Apparently the implants were quite hard to remove as they were in there so tightly and because they were textured, stuck to me. This didnt surprise me as I found when I bent my arms back, I had a pulling feeling in my chest.
I was told to try and not look at them in the first week - well I did have a peak on about day 5 and at that point wished I hadnt. The tissue i did have left, was all squashed into peculiar angles below the nipple, with big dents at the top and sides... and jelly-ish. My chest was flat as a board and made me look boney! If I hadnt seen pictures on here before hand, I would have totally freaked out! My nipples had a fold under them (still do) and the areola was a bit shriveled - with funny hard bits when they are cold. I also now have some enlarged pores around the areola area - anyone else have that? does it go?

I'm nearly at 3 weeks now and I'd say I noticed them starting to get a bit firmer and shaping from the 2nd week, still a way to go. I havent started doing any massage yet, but have been gently rubbing in coconut oil, alternating with grape seed oil ...and sometimes creme de la mer or clarins bust firming lotion..I've got just about everything that has been recommended on here to try! (thanks again!)

I can't wait until I can exercise again...feeling a bit cranky from doing nothing at all. I've been drinking a lot of water and green tea and eating protein and greens . Also taking vitamin C, zinc and cod liver oil, all in the hope it speeds the healing!
I haven't attempted to try and figure out what cup size I am, as they are still going to change and hopefully un-squash a bit more above the nipple as that is still flat! I'll probably try a bra around week 6. I think I'll be an A cup but hoping they havent been made wider (because of the implants) as there is no way I'll fill a B cup (boo hoo)
At the moment I am just wearing a smoothing crop top from M&S and have recently found a Genie bra, I thought they were only available abroad, but you can get them in the UK online. They have removable pads, so you get compression and some shape, bonus!
I've added some pictures - the boobs do look better in the pictures than with the naked eye - and also look bigger in photos - I've seen other ladies say that, its true!

I'm having some mixed emotions about being small chested after having bigger boobs for 7 years, hopefully as they firm and improve with time... I'll be happy. It does feel nice to be natural again x

7 weeks post op, thoughts welcomed

Hi ladies, I'm now 7 weeks post op tomorrow, some days seem better then others. I have noticed firmness improving when I massage which is good. When I cup my hands over my breasts, I can feel the dent still where the implants use to sit. My left side is smaller then my right, Im not sure if this is because I have less tissue or because it's lagging behind the right side - but it does feel emptier, especially around the center line. I lost feeling in that area - and it hasnt returned yet.
When I was laying on my side earlier topless (which I don't normally do as I'm always wearing a bra) I looked down and my left side especially, looked really odd - all the tissue was sagging to one side and the dent where the implant had been placed looked huge and very noticeable, like a massive scoop taken out! If any ladies further on down the line then me had the same thing - did this get better - even after 7 weeks? bearing in mind I'm an A cup so I don't have loads of tissue. I tried to take a photo but it doesnt show what Im talking about.
My areola's still have a fold under the nipple, will be interesting to see if this improves with time. When Im cold I also get some funny hard bits at the top of the areola. I have to keep reminding myself 7 weeks isn't that long in terms of healing, its frustrating. I have added some more pics, they definitely look better in photos x

Dent

Following on from my last post - this is what I was trying to describe, when I lay on my side all the tissue falls to the side and im left with this scooped out bit where the implant was...anyone else get this and what happened with time? did it get any better?x

5 months post op

Hi, Just thought I'd do a quick update, its been 5 months now and I think in the last month the boobs look better. My left side is dragging behind the right a bit in terms of filling out. When I look down I can see they have filled out a bit at the sides. My areola sill has a bit of a fold but not as bad as it was, they look better when im cold so glad its winter ha. When im hot - that when the fold is more noticeable.
I still dont have feeling in some of my left breast and feels a bit hollow- its interesting, when i have goose pimples - I dont get them on the area I have lost feeling, so there is definitely some repairing underneath that still needs to happen.
I still get the dent when I lean to the side - I guess thats where the tissue was forced into a certain position - maybe this will improve in the next 6 months. Its hard to explain but when i lean forward, instead of them falling like little triangle..they are kind of like little rectangles if that makes sense - again I guess this is where the tissue has been squashed
I was considering a small fat transfer behind the areola to help the fold - but not going to do anything until I see my 1 year mark. They have already changed when I was thinking about the fat transfer so will wait and see, dont really want to mess with them anymore
I am happy I had my implants removed for sure, I feel alot better without them :)
London Plastic Surgeon