Write a review

NEW PICS - UPDATE.... Day 8 PO -- My Family is Complete, Now is MY Time to Shine! - High Wycombe, United Kingdom

My name is Sammie, I am 36 years old. I live in...

My name is Sammie, I am 36 years old. I live in Suffolk in the UK with my fiance and our 4 children. I have 3 boys who are 10, 4 and 3 years old and a little girl who has just turned 2, I had them all by C-Section. My first pregnancy i gained 5 stone (70lbs!!!) I went upto 18 stone (252lbs), I ended up having a C-Section as Joe was breech, secretly tho I prayed for a C-Section as I was so scared of having to give birth naturally....I got my wish!

I was 25 when I had Joe, I remember thinking after I had him why hadnt my stomach shrunk, why did I still look pregnant, I thought that when you was pregnant you could eat as much as you like, how wrong was I tho, I was basically obese! It took me a while but i managed to lose the weight and more, I got down to 9.5stone (133lbs) and i was so happy, but I was left with an awful stretch marked stomach with an unsightly overhang. Joes dad and I then split and we went through a messy divorce. I never thought i'd have any more children but then i met Justin my fiance and we had 3 children together in quite a short time frame! I had C-Sections with them all and my last baby was a girl, my family is now complete, but now my stomach is worse than ever.

I now weigh 155lbs and im 5'8 so I'm not really overweight but my stomach makes me feel obese, I hate it!
I had breast augmentation in 2006 as once i lost all my weight from my first pregnancy I was left with empty sacks for boobs, so I had them boosted to a E cup, i was thrilled with the results until I found out in Dec 2011 that I had the PIP implants, the ones that have been all over the news because instead of being filled with silicone they were filled with matress filler!!! Nice eh!!

Anyways i had them replaced and also had an uplift on the 6th Feb this year with the Surgeon that will be performing my TT - Adrian Richards.
I am happy with my results, but I do feel that I want a bit more clevage and also a higher profile implant so Mr Richards is going to do revision surgery at no extra cost at the same time as my TT, so double the pain!! Its 2 weeks today until I have this done and the nerves are starting to kick in, I really really want this but I really worry about the recovery with having 4 young children, I will have help for the first week at home but then I will have to deal with it by myself. My fiance works long hours and we have just had 2 weeks in Florida so theres no way he can take anymore time off, so ive just got to get on with it, I just hope everything goes to plan, ive been told its similar to a c-section and ive had 4 of them so I just hope its true!!!

If anyone has any tips to make my recovery quicker please share, would love to hear from you XX

13 Days til TT Woke up today starving, dunno...

13 Days til TT

Woke up today starving, dunno whats up with me but i'm trying to watch what i eat before the TT but I just wanna stuff my face with junk :o(
Nerves are defo kicking in tho, cant believe its only 13 days away arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Are there any suppliments anyone can suggest in having in for after my surgery, what about diet, obviously im not gonna pig out but is there anything i should avoid? xx

Well last night was a really shit night for me,...

Well last night was a really shit night for me, had major anxiety feelings. Thought i'd true to de-stress by having a lovely hot bath but of course there i just gathered my thoughts and started stressing even more.....Took me ages to fall asleep and when I did i woke up at 3am stomach still doing knots!
Dont get me wrong, i really want this but am so scared of being knocked out and not waking up, or getting an infection which would be a major setback, and then theres the kids, how am i gonna cope?? Just pray that i have a text book recovery and im back to my normal self in no time, heres wishing eh!!!

7 more sleeps......gulp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Hi everyone, Well today was my last day at...

Hi everyone,

Well today was my last day at work, I work 3 x 5 hr shifts a week at a Doctors Surgery, which is enough for me with 4 young kids!
And its 4 more sleeps until D Day!!!
Came home to a letter from the Hospital to say i now have to be there for 11am Monday, it was 7am, so am a bit gutted about that as its more waiting around in the morning, not much I can do about it tho so looks like i'll be hitting the shops opposite the hotel my mum and I are staying at the night before.
Still really nervous about the whole thing but took some more pics this morning and know i am doing the right thing! Gonna go and get my waxing done tomorrow and my hair cut Saturday and pick up the last bits and pieces that i need for hospital then me and my mum are leaving on Sunday for the hotel and do a bit of shopping in the shopping centre opposite the hotel and then go to eat and maybe the cinema, will be nice to spend some time one on one with my mum, dont get to see her that often due to both of our work commitments and never get any one on one time as my kids are always with me, so will be really nice. Just hope she dont get majorly emotional on the day or the surgery as she will then set me off and we will both be a blubbering wreck! Need her to keep me in high spirits!!

Cannot wait til I am writing this blog and im all done and dusted and recovered and with any luck a flat perfect stomach! xx

Well today is the day am so blooming nervous!!...

Well today is the day am so blooming nervous!! Currently say in the hotel room with me mum, gotta be at the hospital for 11am, it's now 7.30am so gonna have a shower and have a quick look around the shops before we head off! Never been so nervous in my life! Please keep me in your prayers xx

Day 3 post op Well I'm alive and doing well!...

Day 3 post op

Well I'm alive and doing well! Sorry haven't been on to update my blog but have been majorly washed out with no energy to do anything!

the surgery day went like this......

Monday 6th August
Woke up at the hotel and had a shower whilst my mum went to breakfast, I was told not to eat anything from 5am that morning and nothing to drink after 9am.
Once my mum had finished breakfast we hit the shops when they opened at 9am as I didn't have to be at the hospital until 11am, so thought what better way to kill the nerves, shopping!!!
Bought a few bits and peices, got some new knickers and a top and a. We pair of pyjamas, couldn't forget the kids and bought them a little gift each to give them when I got home as by the time I do get home I'd have not seen them for 3 nights.
10.45am came and we left for the hospital, a lady came and showed me to my room and said a nurse would be with me shortly, and to unpack my stuff. The nurse came in and introduced herself, she was really nice and it was the same nurse that looked after me back in February when I had my pips removed and replaced, so that was nice a familiar face.
Anyways I asked what kinda time I would go down as was told on the phone it wld be about 12 noon, she said she doubt it would be then as there was 3 people in front of me and also his lunch break so would be around 4pm!! Great, so not only have I got to sit here crapping myself twiddling my thumbs, I've gotta sit here starving as hadn't eaten anything since 5pm the night before!
My dad was meant to come up at 4pm as that was the time roughly I was due to be out of surgery, so I had to call him and tell him what was going on, he said he couldn't come up the day after surgery as had meetings so he would still come now but see me before surgery rather than after which I thought was really nice.
4pm came and was still waiting around, the anaesthetist came and spoke to me about pain med options etc and he said he wanted to give me a spinal block so as when I woke up I'd be much more comfortable and the pain wouldn't be instant, it was either the spinal or have a morphine drip where I'd have instant pain but could manage with the pain with the drip.
I told him about my issues with the spinal where as my last 2 c-sections I had a bad reaction to it, where my whole body would it h like mad and would stay like that for a couple of days, which was bloody uncomfortable as your in pain and itching yourself red raw like your body is crawling with Insects, he said he would give me an anti histamine for the itching which would take it away, but it would be my choice, lots of pain and morphine or no pain and itching...... I chose the no pain and itching!!! Wish I didn't now tho as it was awful!
The anethatist gave me a Pre med of temazepam as with the wait and the talk of spinal blocks I was getting really worked up, I remember the spirals being quite uncomfortable with the c-sections and was really not looking forward to having to have one again, there were a few tears but my mum and dad tried to keep me smiling making jokes that maybe me nd mum should switch and she get on the table lol.
Got called down at 5pm, so nervous I was wheeled to the operating room, I lay on my side and the anethatist put the spinal in me, it was quite uncomfortable and there were a few little tears, I couldn't believe it was finally happening, I just wanted it all to be over now, I wanted to know I was safe, the last words I said to my anethatist was please make sure I don't die, a bit drastic but all I could think of was my poor babies.

Next thing I remember is waking up in my room with an oxygen mask on my face next to my mum, it was 9.50pm and I could hear the nurse saying to my mum that she had to go now as they lo led the doors at 10pm, I think my mum got quite upset as she said that I'd only just got back and she didn't want to leave me just yet, they was adamant she had to go as the doors would be locked! So that was that my mum kissed me goodbye and I drifted back off to sleep.
I woke at 12.30am and the nurse came in to check on me, she asked if I would like a drink and the dinner that I had ordered, she bought me a cup of tea a bowl of soup and a salad, I managed about 3 spoonfuls of soup and a bite of the chicken salad and a sip of tea then I fell back to sleep. I think I woke arou d 4am and my throat was so sore, I was boiling hot and my skin felt like it was crawling in insects, the itching had started!!! Great!!! I called the nurse and she bought me some anti histamines, some codeine and some paracetamol and turned the fan on full blast, I was then out for the count again.

Got woken up for breakfast around 7.30am I was bed bound as had a catheter in and also one drain, I managed a couple of mouthfuls of cereal and half a slice of toast, I was it itching like mad and had asked a nurse to pass my hair brush, with this I itched my skin red raw, it was awful and this went on for two days!
Mum came up to see me about 10am and stayed for a couple of hours but i was so tired that I told her to go have a look round the shops as was a really in e shopping centre and I just needed to sleep.
So mum did this and I just drifted in and out of sleep, the pain had started to come back after feeling totally numb, but I felt the most pain Nader my boobs, I was actually shocked how little my stomach did hurt, I thought I would be in agony! But it's my boobs that hurt the most.
Later the first full day they took my drain out and my catheter and said I would need to get up and try to go to the toilet, which I did Without any issues, the nurse actually commented how straight I was standing up and that I'm doing a lot better than most, the only bit I found uncomfortable was my boobs and felt the need to hold underneath them as I walked to the bathroom, it's still the same now, stomach is causing me no issues it's my boobs where the pain is, just hope it stays like that as I'm coping ok!

fast forward to yesterday where I was discharged and my mum drive me two hours home, that was an uncomfortable journey, felt every bump on the road which wasn't good, but was finally pleased to be home in my own bed with 100's of pillows and tea on tap!
Had a decent nights kip last night, propped up with lots of pillows and also pillows under my knees and have had my first BM today which didn't hurt at all, that god!

stomach still feels numb and when I touch it it doesn't seem like Im touching my stomach, weird, it's still very swollen especially around my hip area, but it's flat and my horrid tattoo has gone which is great, still have a few stretch marks but who cares at least I no longer have a hangover that I have to tuck into my jeans, and at least I don't have to bath in anymore! Ive been breathing in for years and it's gonna be weird not doing that!
Can't wait til the swelling has gone and I can hit the shops!!!!

Just added 3 pics post op, these were taken on day 3!

Just added 3 pics post op, these were taken on day 3!

Well today is day 8 Post Op, where has the time...

Well today is day 8 Post Op, where has the time gone??
Feeling soooo much better, boobs are causing me no pain at all, and stomach feels a bit tight now and again especially when im sat in the same position for too long.
Had my scar redressed yesterday, which was a fiasco in itself! Was supposed to go back to the hospital where i had the op, but its a 4 hour round trip so i asked if i could have the dressings done at a local BMI hospital, which they argreed to.
Anyways took the dressings with me for them to use but they took it upon themselves to use one of their plaster type dressings rather than the tape style, they actually wanted to leave it undressed but i was like wtf, i only had it done 7 days ago its still healing plus i have 4 little ones who bump into me from time to time so id like some protection, so she agreed and said to go back PO day 9 and she will take them off if the dressings are still clean!!! I called the PS nurse and she said NO that thats wrong and the reason she should have used the tape is because it doesnt stretch the scar, great eh! And she was shocked that she was going to take the dressings off! I ended up replacing the dressings myself last night as they were really pulling my skin, i was right to do so as they had already started irritating the sking around my incision!
So now i have to go back to the PS office tomorrow and she will clean, remove the stitches from my belly button which the other nurse should have done! and re dress.

Overall tho am really happy with my resuts so far, still lots of swelling, every day is getting easier tho with less pain.

Am wondering if anyone has any recomendations on a corset/body to wear rather than the one i have as its starting to rub on my hip bones and really annoying me and would like something a bit more lightweight

Thanks xx
London Plastic Surgeon

I chose Mr Richards as I had my PIP replacement surgery with him and was very pleased with the experience. I found out about him as I saw him on a documentary on TV when the PIP scandal broke and he was talking about his findings etc and how he has never used the PIP implants and would never have used them as could tell they were a cheap product, he also said that he would cut his fees and help any women that had PIPs to remove/replace, whereas alot of other surgeons were upping their prices!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? 1 other found this helpful

Comments (44)

Sort by

Hi ya Sue,

Yes was a bit of a fiasco eh, did u see my new pics? I added some of when i took the dressings off myself last night and also with the dressings on and the boobs!!
The tape i use is called Mepitac tape its a silicone waterproof kinda thin strip tape, really kind to the skin, the micropore is awful and makes me really sore!
Oh the Macom, thats the same make bra as the hospital have given me (have 3 now!) soooo comfy! They do have a website so will go and have a look and see what they have, if you are thinking of buying another macom style let me know as im sure there is a 10% off code floating about!
My abs seem fine, no pain at all really, the only real pain i have is the getting up and down from being in the sitting position to standing up, then it all feels a bit tight and sore but apart from that i feel good!! How are u feeling? Are u up and about ok? xx
  • Reply
Hi Sue

Yes had the dressings done yesterday, bit of a fiasco if u read above lol, but all good and feeling fab and no longer woozy! Would like to find a new under garment tho as the one i have is starting to rub on my hip bone and annoy me.
Hope you are doing well?? xx
  • Reply
Hi Sammiea, Wow what a fiasco that's for sure in the dressing dept. I am also allergic to the adhesive of the ban damages. I also tried the micro pore tape and that was to mich for me as well.

The body CG I got where the one the clinic coordinator got for me. The make is MaCom but not sure what company sells them. You need your measurement for this one including cup size. I would try to find one that a slip on one nut your boobs hang out so you can use what ever support or not. I would guess somewhere like fennecs,selfridges,JL . They are a lot more popular in the states than over here. I really didn't get any were with a google search. I hope you find what your looking for!

So please you doing well. How are your abs are they sore when you try to get up or lay down? or do you have hubbys help for that. That's for me was the toughest part of it. Hope your recovery continues smoothly! Happy healing!
  • Reply
Hi Sammiea, I hope you are ok! Thinking about how you are doing and whether or not you have been able to get some pain meds and your dressing changed! Do you have a local NHS surgery nearby. You can always go to them and get them to do it! I hope your feeling better and take care of yourself!
  • Reply
You look great! What a nice flat tummy! Glad things are going well now!
  • Reply
Thanks hun xx
  • Reply
Just left u a comment on my update.
My main pain is in the tummy on the left hand side- it's the only place I get any pain and its always the same spot.
They gave me augmentin which is penicillin, diclofennac for the swelling, paracetamol and tramadol. I stopped taking the tramadol after the first night and have got the anti-nausea meds and senna to keep me regular.
I am expected to shower daily and change my own dressings daily but the nurses said it would be too difficult to change my boob dressings. So I have been showering from the BB down and changing those dressing and have left the boob dressings. I get them changed on Monday at the hospital but might try to change them taday anyway.
I am feeling quite mobile as of yesterday. I even went to Sainsburys to da a bit of a shop and put a light load of washing on and cooked a roast. I am worried that I might be doing too much!
Hopefully you can go to your local BMI hospital to have your dressings- dont see why not unless they are funny about which hospital has been paid by you etc.
My dad and his wife went home this morning so back to reality for me too!! At least hubby is here at the weekend but definitely back to reality on Monday when he's at work!
Think I may let the kids overdose on the Disney channel as of Monday lol!
Well, happy healing!! x
PS Meant to say, your post op pics look fab and I cant even see the incision on them!!
  • Reply
Hi hun
Glad your ok, how long have u been told u can shower since? They said to me that i could shower as from this Friday so nearly two weeks but to be honest when i had my boobs done last time I did that and found that started on infection, so as gross as this sounds i might just continue to have sink washes and wash my hair over the bath for a few more weeks, as im so worried about getting an infection and then being out of action. I was also told to redress every 5 days? Its weird we get told different things!
Funny u say your doing to much, since Sunday i have been sweeping the floors and mopping them, i know i shouldnt but i cant stand to look at it! I havent used the hoover apart from the attachment part, so am not pushing anything and im not carrying anything heavy or lifting etc, but i just cant sit on my bum for too long!
Did go to the local BMI, if u read my latest entry you will see what a fiasco that was! lol
Still feel really swollen, my appetite seems to have upped a bit now but am really eating healthy just a lot of it lol, gotta try and stick to 3 meals a day with no snacks, so hard tho when your indoors all day.
Am gonna add some more pics in a mo, took some when i redid my dressings, theres still lots of blue marker pen on me, hope that bloody come off lol, have got an outie belly button now tho rather than an innie which is odd lol xx
  • Reply
Hi, Your pics look absolutely fantastic- love the boobs picture- they are looking good!! I am the same with my boobs- I bloody love 'em!! I have to keep having a peek at them I love them so much!!
I asked the same question about the garment onj here yesterday and HeleninUK gave me an excellent link- I did order one but it's pricey- VAT and P&P was added on so it came to about £65. I have also ordered some waistnippers from Debenhams for later on as the reviews for them were good and they were only £19 each. I have got the same garment as you- I could tell from your photos. Mine is causing me to have blisters where there is a seam inside. I only worked out yesterday that it was the garment causing them.
The other garment that I thought might be good was an Esbelt waist cincher. I will have a look at your link for Next. I only just saw it.
I had my dressings changed by the nurse yesterday and am going back again on Friday. Hopefully she will do the stitches in my BB then. There is some gauze and steri strips and lots of glue covering it and she didnt want to touch it yet. I have been showering since day 1. My PS prefers his patients to shower daily and change the dressings themselves at home aswell. I have been alternating from showering one day to sink wash the next as it is difficult to change the boob dressings. The nurse put really small dressings on yesterday and his put the adhesive part over some of the incisions and gluey gauze on my nipples. I tried to remove the dressings this morning but the adhesive is glued to the nipples so I couldnt!
After washing the floors and hoovering yesterday morning then having my dressings changed I was in a lot of paoin and discomfort yesterday. I feel itchy and keep having sharp twinges here and there. Not sure if its because I stopped taking the tablets the day before and I can feel the pain more now or maybe its because some feeling is coming back to those areas. Or, shouldnt have bloody hoovered!! Definitely not doing it again that's for sure!! Take care x
  • Reply
Thanks hun your pics are fab too!!! Just cant wait until we are 6 months post op :o)
I see that link and will prob end up ordering one of them too, i reckon thats whats irritating me then the seam as its rubbing on my left hip and making it sore, bloody things!!! Will look up the other ones from Debenhams and the Esbelt, gotta be better than this thing!!
Its so weird that u can shower since day one, wonder why they all say different, would love to know! Have u tried getting in the shower and removing the boob dressings that are stuck once wet? That will prob get them off if they need changing. Itchy is a good sign i was told as its the scar healing, but try not to itch as this can then cause infection, as i found out last time lol.
How are u finding sleeping? Are u propped up still? I still am with a pillow under my lower back and 2 under my legs, will prob sleep like that for a few more weeks, cant wait to be able to sleep on my side again, and i suppose my other half cant wait to get back into our bed haha poor sod has been on the sofa!! lol
Work phoned me today to ask how the op went which was nice of them, I have the rest of this week of as sick and next week as holiday then i go back on the Weds after Bank Holiday, do u work? How long u off for if you do?
Anyways, gonna put me feet up for the last 15 mins before the childminder brings my daughter home, i have the boys here but i still have to pay the childminder whether im at work or not, so it gives me a little few hours break as Tilly is the neediest of the lot! lol
Speak soon hun, take care xxx

PS: Are u on Facebook? xx
  • Reply
Hi, I did shower then take the dressings off- the whole thing from shower to removing dressings to letting the wounds dry then redressing them took 2 hours!! I had to use scissors to cut some bits off as they were well and truly glued down.

I hate sleeping on my back. I always sleep on my front so I am finding it difficult. My hubby did say that I rolled onto my side in my sleep the other night which might have been another reason why I hurt so much the other day. I am so tempted to try sleeping on my side. I still have 3 pillows propping me up and a pillow under my knees but it makes me so hot at night. At least your other half offered to sleep on the sofa- the thought never occured to mine!!

I go back to work on Sept 3rd- I am a primary school teacher so I planned this to give me enough time to recuperate before the beginning of the school year. I will have a child in my class who can be violent- hitting and kicking so I am worried that she will hurt my scar. I will have to practise doing a quick spin to have my back to her if she kicks off!!

I am going to a wedding next week and just tried my dresses on- none fit!! Since I got the boobs done, a lot of my tops dont fit! I have put a bit of weight on too and I am still swollen. Shame cos I got a really nice dress in the sale from Monsoon for the wedding and there is no way I could zip it up!!

I was quite pleased with myself today cos I managed to get a new printer from Argos without having to carry it home. My girls pushed our old pushchair into town. Then I asked the lady behind the counter to put it in the buggy for me and the girls pushed it all the way home! I am sure lots of onlookers must have thought I was a right lazy old cow, getting my kids to do all the work!!

Yes I am on Facebook. I'll send you my name- wont put it on here in case anyone from work sees it and realises those photos belong to their teacher!!

Take care xx
  • Reply
Yes it is weird how they all do it differently! What pills were you given as when i had my boobs done last time they give me celebrex an anti inflamatory and that made me really sick, so they didnt give me one this time which is weird as you would have thought i'd have needed one! And the pain relief aint upto much either, paracetomal!!! lol i take more than that for a headache lol.
Yeah they expect me to travel four miles to have my dressings changed, but as i said above that 2 hours in the car was more than enough coming home the other day so i have just called them to see if they can arrange me going to the BMI hospital up the road from me, would make life a hell of a lot easier and dont see why they cant do this, so waiting for a call back now.
So what was causing your nausea, the pills only?? Havent read your blog or anyone elses as have been laid up but will go and have a nosey in a min :o)
I feel good yes, feels weird as doesnt feel like my belly, but im liking what im seeing, although i do feel very swollen and as the days seem to go on im getting more swollen, is that normal do u know? incisions although covered are not causing me any issues and no infections as yet, just hope it stays that way!! Glad your liking your new boobs, where do u think the most pain is from boobs or belly? I really think its my boobs that hurt the most, weird!
So are u still in bed like me? My mother in law goes home tomorrow morning so its back to reality for me lol xx
  • Reply
Hi Sammiea , glad you are going well now but sounds like you had s pretty awful time. Its strange how different surgeons have different methods. I had no spinal and no pain pump - i have a cocktail of pills that has had me wanting to throw up instead!! Also, i am amazed that you had only one drain when i had four.
What happens about aftercare for you- is it still a 2 hrs drive each time or is there somewhere else you can go?
I ended up back at hospital on day 2 cause of the nausea.
So, are you liking life on the flat side? I have already tried on a bikini and like what i see already! And as for my boobs - i love them!!! Its nice to lie down and see them still standing there!! Happy healing x
  • Reply
HI Sammiea, Good to hear from you! I am so pleased your done and on the flat side . I once had a spinal block when my daughter was born by c-section and never again will i go that route. You also seemed to have had the same sort of experience with them pushing back the surgery time later and later. I didn't get down until 730 pm but when I woke up around 11pm the pain was instant and intense. I would have loved a morphine drip. I had one of those before too and loved it!

Why do you itch when you get a block and why didn't you get a GA? Just wondering as not many blocks are done with the tummy tuck. I hope you itching eases up and that you get plenty of rest. Remember. water,water, water and Lots a vitamin C and protein for a good recovery. Happy Healing!
  • Reply
Hey hunny
Glad your ok and on the mend, yeah its weird why the spinal affects me like that, it affected me so bad with my 3rd section that as well as the itching i was shaking uncontrolably, i couldnt speak as my teeth were chattering and i was scared of biting my tongue and i couldnt hold my baby for 2 hours after having him as was shaking so much i was scared i'd drop him, same happened with my 4th section too but not as severe, so knew it was a possibility, didnt get the shakes tho just the major itch!! I did have GA as well so had both. Itching has gone now and had thankfully gone by Weds the day i came home, was blooming awful and uncomfortable tho.

How are you feeling? Have u got drains? How about meds what things are you taking? xx
  • Reply
Hi Sammiea , that is a weird reaction. I'm glad your out of that. I kinda knew that the hospital wouldn't give me strong enough meds. After my surgery I only got 2 tramadol at 2 am. The paracetamol didn't do anything for me just after I got out at 11 pm. They took my drain out then next day just before I came home so I had it in for about 12 hours. Just burned a bit when they pulled it out. I instisted on tramadol for my ride home and they just gave me one.

So knowing the hospital would be a little stingy with the heavier pain meds I went to my GP and explained everything to herbefore my op she was more than happy to write me 2 scripts one for diazapam and the other for Tramadol, I also have a repeat script for co-codmal 30/500 for a bad knee which is what I have been using during the day for pain and at night with one added diazapam but I finished those so i am just on my co- codmal. They sell the 10/500 over the counter so that might bit more help or get down to your GP and get on something heavier. I only used the tramadol for the first 3 days and saving them for bads days. I took one this evening as I went out and drove twice today. Once to the village shops and once a little further to pick up my daughter from the station. I then proceeded to get over whelmed and had a mini breakdown in front of hubby and her. So I took one and know I'm fine
. Now check this out it's hilarious they are running around making me comfy and I ask hubby to make one of my prefrozen packs of chicken soup in the freezer. I said take it out the bag put the frozen lump in a pan and cover on low heat. He's in the kitchen for while and I say what's going on what taking you so long it's going to take 20 minutes for the soup to defrost and heat. He tells me the plastic is burning at the bottom of the pan. I said why did you put the plastic bag in the the pan, He said wouldnt come out of the bag! I said why didn't you run it under hot water for minute and then take it out. All I could do,is laugh and laugh. I love him to bits but he llacks some common sense. And get this he is an international corporate solicitor! hahahaha bless his cotton socks
  • Reply
good luck!
  • Reply
Thanks hun xx
  • Reply
Hi Sammiea, I hope everything has gone well for you Your surgeon is great and you are now on the flat side congrats! Take care and Happy healing xx
  • Reply
Thanks hun xx
  • Reply
You are going to look great! Congrats on your decision!
  • Reply
Thanks hill, I really hope i've made the right decision, just hope my recovery is a good one as gonna have my work cut out with the kids! xx
  • Reply
Thanks Sue, cant believe im only 4 sleeps away, wonder how much sleep i'll get this weekend lol xx
  • Reply
Hi Sammiea, not long to go just a few more days for you, enjoy this weekend and get ready for being looked after! Take care!
  • Reply

Take a deep breath and just trust in your awesome surgeon!!!   You will do wonderful but you must keep a positive and clear mind.  Just keep having positive thoughts!!   No stress allowed here!

As far as being put under...no worries!  You are in a totally controlled OR environment and they take great care of you.  You are monitored through the entire procedure.  It's probably one of the best sleeps you will ever have:)

Follow all of your doctors orders, relax, and keep your chin up.  We are all here to support you through your recovery.  

  • Reply