Taking the Plunge for Myself - NC

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for a while now. ...

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for a while now. I have 2 beautiful girls, both born via c-section. I did not gain much weight with either girl, 19 pounds and 13 pounds respectively, as I was very sick throughout my pregnancies. I have joined a gym, but didn't last long there, because I have a very demanding job and also both of my girls dance, so we are running around most nights getting to dance, church, and so on. I finally talked my husband in to going with me to a consultation just to see what they said and find out exactly how much it would cost. We both really liked the doctor as he was very honest and open with answering all our questions. All the staff there is actually wonderful. We came home and discussed it some more to make sure, and about a week later, finally scheduled it.
I did very well with both of my c-sections, stopping all pain medication the very next day after having both my girls, so I had hopes my TT wouldn't be too bad.
I am now post-op day 3, and I am doing well. I took a shower today, which felt great, and then my doctor told us we could remove the gauze today (leaving just the brown tape). Everything looks good, and he was able to use my previous c-section scar (which is very low thank goodness). The only surprise when we removed the gauze was what looks like a water blister. It is not on the incision, but below it. Not sure exactly what that is. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I don't feel any smaller, and I can't tell if I am just swollen or what. Fingers are crossed though that all will turn out well. My doctor is wonderful in that he guarantees satisfaction of my tummy tuck. If I am not happy within this first year, he will redo my tummy tuck, only making me pay for the medical tray ($275). I thought that was awesome!!
I think this blog is so wonderful and I am so happy I found it. I have already asked a couple of questions and received responses. Thank goodness I am not alone in this!

Pictures

So I don't have a lot of pictures with my belly in it...I have trained my husband to take pictures from the neck up lol. I didn't even take before pictures of myself except the ones they required at my plastic surgeons office. Here is the best I can do for pre TT...just flabby belly from 2 c sections. The second picture is three days post op.

Ready to be free...

The first week and half have not been a walk in the park. Surgery was the easy part! Recovery is going to take a while...I knew this, but then again, I thought after bouncing back from 2 c-sections with no pain medicine the very next day, I would just be fine after a week or so. I am doing good though...biggest pain so far...drains!! One was painful from the first day, and continued off and on until this past Friday when I had to call I was in so much pain. My surgeon was on vacation this week, but his nurse was absolutly wonderful in having me come right in. She took my temp and I had a low grade fever, and the right drain that was hurting so bad wasn't taking a lot out anymore, so she took it out. It didn't hurt a bit coming out, and it felt so good to have it gone!!! I of course wished both were out, but oh well, I could make it until this coming Tuesday, right?
(FYI...some gross but true parts coming, skip this paragraph if you don't want to read it) Woke up Saturday morning with the left drain really hurting...noticed some white maybe puss coming from the drain site. My husband looked at it, and said it looked red and irrated, but didn't think it was puss for sure. So I took a shower to clean it up some, and put antibiotic ointment on it. It contiued to hurt all day. Looked at it again with my husband last night, and there was actually a little greenish, white puss coming from the site. It was hot to the touch, red, and mean looking, and did I mention it hurt!!
I called the on call nurse, which called my surgeon to see if he wanted to start me on antibiotics. However, when she called me back, she said he thought it sounded normal for a drain that wasn't putting a lot out, and it probably just needed to come out, and to come in when they opened first thing Monday morning.
So...now just trying to hang on until tomorrow morning...24 hours...surely I can handle the pain until then. I CAN"T WAIT TO BE FREE from the last drain!!!!! I have not really went anywhere, mainly just b/c of the drains. I am feeling really good otherwise, and ready to go back into the world!!
Swelling is doing great with drinking TONS of water...trying to drink 4 to 5 L a day at least. I haven't ventured to try on anything other than yoga clothing yet, not until this last drain is out. My weight is about where it was pre-op now, since I have got a hold of the swelling. My next venture is to find a compression garment that works well compressing, but is also smooth under clothing!! I like the one my doctor gave me compression wise, but it velcros in the front and is bulky. I am ready to see a slimmer me, and this one just isn't getting it!!
I have taken some newer photos, but with my phone and I haven't synced them yet with my computer or ipad, so I will add those later...cannot wait to see myself without the drains hopefully tomorrow. A part of me is so scared though, he will say to leave this one in...I would be heartbroken!! Fingers crossed!!!
See you guys on the thin side!!!

Pics from a few days ago...

These are from 4 or 5 days ago before I started drinking water like a camel!! You can see I'm swollen. Hopefully the last drain will come out tomorrow, and then I will update more pics!!

Almost 2 weeks

2 weeks!!

Finally feel like I've got my energy back for the most part. I did push myself a little too much bending and carrying things around this past week at church, especially last night. However, I went to my ps today and he said everything was looking great and as long as I keep not retaining fluid, I can go without my binder after next week!? I couldn't believe it! However, I feel better with it on, and will probably wear it at night still for a while.
Only bad news is I had found a lump right in between my breasts a while ago and finally got the courage to ask him about it today. He said it was a cyst and it really needed to be removed. It is going to leave a scar, great, another scar to treat and have on me, but then again grateful that's all it is. (I have to admit I am a little nervous that he may find more when he removes it, but praying not). Anyway, surgery set for July 9th. Can't believe I have to have another surgery this summer! Bummer!!
Feeling really good, takin my vitamins and I am continuing to drink water as though I am a camel. Going to the beach this Sunday through the following Saturday though, and I am going to have a few adult beverages!! I have been so good for 2 weeks not drinking anything but water.
I laid out in the sun some today (stomach completely covered, but had a hard time laying on my belly to let my back get any...any suggestions for this?). I went to the mirror when I came back in and was putting my binder back on when I glanced at myself and just smiled!! I took a few pictures....here is me at 2 weeks!

7 weeks and 3 days

Here is some pics...not really happy right now, especially with my left side. I had asked my ps if I should get lipo for my sides, which he said no. BUT even though my tummy is much improved, I HATE those sides pockets! Especially my left side. I know I can get a revision, but not sure if that will include lipo, or if I will have to pay extra for that. On top of that, I have no idea how long recovery will be. :*(
Piedmont Plastic Surgery and Dermatology