19 Days PostOp Waiting to Be Happy :-( - Hershey, PA

I always hated my nose. Was always way to big for...

I always hated my nose. Was always way to big for my face. I was hoping rhinoplasty would fix that problem but 19 days post op now i hate it from every angle not just profile. its still big and long..everyone says it takes time but i dont see how it will shrink down to be a size that looks pretty. Does anyone elses nose look this gross after surgery? Will it get better? I want honesty not sympathy or compassion. Thanks

I would post your pics as a question to the doctors on here... If you tell them you want an honest opinion most will try to help;)
no..its probably just swollen..wait a little longer before you decide
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf. I'm so sorry you're not happy with the results. I know you can't go back in time, but did you choose a rhinoplasty specialist?

I will say that it looks very straight and that you are a pretty lady.
Hey ANGIEMCC...the plastic surgeon that was recommended to me is very highly credited n actually specializes in operation smile with the children with cleft pallatte..he's an older guy who I thought really knew his stuff...thannks for ur kind words but I hate it. I hate that I spent almost 10 grand on a nose that is still to big for my face :-( yes its only been 20 days now but I still don't believe it will shrink down to be flat enough on my face that it will look like it fits me. And the thought of a revision surgery isn't even an option cause I don't have that kind of money. I saved up for a year to get rhinoplasty n was really hoping it would turn out beautiful n perfect but instead I have a long nose still n now empty bank account.
Hey, Your nose looks exactly like mine does now I've had the cast off, I really wouldn't worry, I did a lot of research and it takes a long time for swelling to go down. When I first had the op and looked at my tip before it swelled it was smaller, and when I had the cast off yesterday it looked smaller, now my bridge and tip have ballooned due to the swelling and look even bigger than when I started. My friend had the same op and her nose took a while to go down from the swelling, she said her bridge was really wide for a good while but settled after a few months. I'm not looking forward to the waiting game either but there is light at the end of the tunnel, those pics the docs take of before and after are waaaaay after the op when everything is all lovely and settled, you don't think about that while you are booking in and shelling out all that money it hits you after that there's a long wait for the pretty nose! Don't worry :D
Pparlett I just looked at your pics...your before nose looks like my $9000 nose :-( ughh n its now been 20 days..my bridge has thinned out quite a bit..so front view really isn't bad at all but that was never a problem. It was the disgusting length from the profile angle...when I got my cast off my tip n bridge n everythng were very swollen esp compared to my face cause my facial swelling was gone after 2 days..so when they took the cast off I was expecting it to b beautiful n perfect n what I paid for n instead I look in the mirror to a huge red irritated acne infested honker..*sighs* at the moment I'm so pissed n am hoping it shrinks to a sixe that fits my face cause I def don't hav $ for revision...but in all honesty I don't think its swollen ne more..I think this is my forever nose...*regrets..anger..frustration*
Sorry about your feeling disappointed. You're a beautiful blonde even before. I think he could have deprojected it more and that he should without charging you a second time if that's what u wish. Did your Dr. Do imaging before surgery to show his plans?
Ugh I know its awful. Its starting to look good from the front again but that wasn't the issue anyway. My profile is still ugly. My nose doesn't fit my face..ya maybe that little hump is gone but its still long and disgusting and definitely not what I paid for. I went to a very reputable surgeon n yes he did the computer imaging. I thought we were both clear what I wanted. I had open surgery he said he was gonna break the nose in a few spots along the bridge n raise my tip slightly cause it was "droopy"...honestly I thought if anything wld go wrong id end up not liking my nose cause it was to upturned not still freakn pinnochio..day 20 post op n it looks no different from the profile angle. :-( I'm losing hope n embarassed that I spent so much money to still look like this
I'm now 7 months post op for an open rhino procedure and I can tell you that the first 5 months SUCKED! I hated my nose every second of the day. It actually severely distracted me from my kids, from work, from friends... from everything. It was so hard to not feel utterly and totally depressed. I couldn't believe that I hated my post-surgery nose more than my pre-surgery nose. I went to a very reputable ENT surgeon as well. Anyway, after 5 months, I finally began to see some improvement. There are days where I actually like my nose. For each of those days, I seem to swell up again and have another 4 or 5 crappy ones, but, I am seeing a bit of progress. I guess I just want to stress that things will improve and what you see now will be very different from what you see at 6 months. - This time frame is where your facial swelling from open rhino finally looks more normal too. I hope at that point you will enjoy your new nose. In the meantime, I totally feel your pain. Big hugs your way!
Cphan well that's a little encouraging. Only 5 more months to goo ughh...honestly though it would need to shrink greatly for it to fit my face. I think everyone can agree. I don't know how that will possibly happen. I'm happy I didn't tell many ppl at all because if someone told me they had nose surgery I would be expecting to see a beautiful nose not a big thing sittin on their face. :-( I see my doc the end of aug n believe me I'm gonna tell him how I feel. I saved up for a while for this surgery. Def don't have the funds for another one!
This same thing happened to me... I had to get a revision after a year... The good news is the doctor didn't take too much which is easier to fix!! I also did not use the same surgeon for my revision. I would love to tell you that your nose will shrink closer to your face that's what I was hoping for...I think your beautiful. I get the annoying nose thing. Be patient, heal. On a positive note he did a good job on your bridge..Everything happens for a reason..;-) A
Lovinit2323 ugh wish I had all the money in the world so I could b contemplating a revision realistically..but that def won't b able to happen. I joked before about having to go on that show Botched...now I feel I can b a candidate. In my opinion it looks like nothing has been done n that is devastating. So many ppl on here post pics n u can see a huge improvement in their after pics. Can't really tell in mine. Now I still have a huge nose only now I have $10 grand less. *disappointed in myself*
well...it does take some time before the real reveal takes place, but you should notice a difference right away. Hell I could tell with the cast on it was way better for me. Unfortunately I agree with you...I don't see a glaring improvement. Did you have an open or closed? I would certainly discuss it with the doctor. Was there tip work done? Your straight on will seem thick...that will go down within a month or so. Do you have a better before profile to compare (that the angle the picture is taken are the same.) Its hard to compare with those two pictures. My nose is still on the large side...but the huge bump is filed off...which is what I wanted. I did not have any tip work done...just the bump removed. I hope you get your answers and 19 days is still early...but I can see that your nose does still project a little further than you might have wanted...but it could be the angle the picture was taken. The picture angle can make a huge difference. And yes things will shrink down more...give it alittle more time.
Yes I take pictures everyday. How do I send them to you? I had open rhinoplasty n h did do tip work because it was "droopy" like u said its still long and to big for my face. I don't think its going to change that much that it won't look long :-( its very frustrating n pisses me off. I'm praying I'm wrong n its just extremely swollen inside tht I can't tell. But yes please tell me how I can post my pics from today. I just made a profile on here yesterday