Nothing wrong with the implant but prefer upturned mouth corners and plumpness of Injections... 5mm Permalip Top Lip Only

Read reviews here before doing surgery. I am so...

Read reviews here before doing surgery. I am so glad I decided to do it! The result is great. I feel so much more confident having some volume to my upper lip and not having to worry about the temporary fillers fading. My implant was placed at the wet-dry border so it doesn't stand out as being in the mustache area and looks very natural. Wish I had done this sooner. I am completely satisfied. The result is completely symmetrical and beautiful. So thankful to Dr. Jessica Kulak who is an amazing and talented and super nice doctor!!! The Naderi Center is amazing... highly recommend.

Not completely happy. Just wanted to update.

First of all I just want to preface this by saying I have not had any shifting, migrating, etc. The reason why I am unhappy with the implant is because my lips are not big enough for my taste. This is not the doctors fault. But I just want to warn other girls that the 5mm implant in your lip will not make it nearly as big as the injections can. I did not expect this to be the case; in fact I thought that the 5mm might be too big. But instead, the injections provided me with more flexibility on how big I could go. I prefer injections. If you are considering this surgery I would not recommend it anymore, unless you might be happy with a LITTLE bit of a difference. If you like huge plump lips like me, and like the flexibility of being able to add more if they're not big enough, then Just GET INJECTIONS. Shell out the money and keep paying your doctor to keep it up. It's worth it. I wish I had just kept up more injections. Because now I'm worried I might have scar tissue in my lip from the trauma of the surgery. I want to get the implant taken out so I can just get more syringes of injections, but I'm concerned. I have an appt to discuss this all with my doctor. I hope I can figure this out!

Just want to emphasize... Wanting my lips bigger = trying to fix what isn't broken

I really do just want to emphasize that I had no REAL problems with the implant. It was placed perfectly, it was symmetrical, and it did not shift, or look fake. It looked completely natural and my doctor did any amazing job.

I really wanted to keep this review completely positive, but I did feel an obligation to let you all know that if you like the flexiblity of being able to control how large your lips are, then keep up the injections, because the implants don't allow that. Once you get the largest, if it's not big enough, than you pretty much have to either wait and see if the implant company makes bigger sizes, OR, accept what you have.

Because getting injections.... either with the implant already in..... or after you get it removed.... may not result in perfect symmetry like before. Doctors might claim it will, but you never really know, because if you developed any sort of unnoticable (but still existing) irregularities, such as a tiny bit of scar tissue from the implant, it might look asymetrical if you then go ahead and try to augment the lips.

If you're sure you want Permalip forever, then of course go ahead and do it, but if any part of you might miss the injections, then just know in advance that your lips / the tissue might not (and probably won't) be exactly the same as they were before the implant. :)

Just wanted to show comparison

You can see that it did make a difference for sure, just not as much as I had achieved with the filler!

Okay REALLY happy now

I got a syringe of filler added, and although initially the swelling was uneven, after it subsided, now my lips are dreamlike :). So I would recommend the combination of Permalip and filler perhaps. Ultimately I AM happy that I did the Permalip because it did make a difference, but the filler + the implant really gave me my desired look.

Happy :) 3-4 Months Post. It feels like a lifetime ago!

I found my old phone and was scrolling through photos. I cannot believe how small my upper lip used to be compared to my lower. I remember how badly I wanted this procedure. For an entire year it was on the forefront of my mind. Saving up for it was difficult because I had doubts and I would always end up spending my money on other things. I also remember people telling me that I didn't need it. But I knew what I saw in the mirror and how I felt. I realized that if my upper lip was so small at such a young age it would only get worse with time. So I finally got Permalip to my upper lip only and I am so glad I did. My lip ratio is now normal and I completely forget that I ever even did this (I forget the implant is there). It looks natural and I could not be happier. I wish this success upon all who undergo this procedure.

Please disregard the photos where my upper lip looked small after the implant!!

I just needed to update this review...

A few months ago I had separate facial procedure done which unintentionally changed the shape of my lip and made it under rotate. I have learned that the separate procedure (not performed by Dr. Kulak-she probably would have advised against it) caused the tissues in my face to sag downward, which created a significant change in the shape of my lip.

The pictures where I am dissatisfied with how small my upper lip is are the result of a different procedure!

So please do not use those photos to make a determination about how big Permalip will actually look.

There were other factors contributing to its appearance when the photos were taken. Thank you :)

I'm going to get it removed and get filler

Unfortunately I am just not happy with how small my upper lip still is with the implant comparison to how it was with multiple syringes of filler. I am going to get my implant removed, heal, and get more filler.
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

She's highly skilled, professional, honest, and so sweet. Honestly couldn't ask for anything more. I am so grateful to her.