Tumescent Lipo on Chin, Hips, Love Handles, Lower Back, Upper Abs, and SmartLipo on Lower Abs - Las Vegas, NV

I have been counting the weeks and now I'm finally...

I have been counting the weeks and now I'm finally down to just a few days before I fly to Las Vegas for my tumescent liposculpture procedure. With this feeling of being overjoyed that my big day is near comes an overwhelming sense of anxiety, hindsight criticism of my selected treatment areas, and just plain old worry that I won't be able to endure all that I'm about to experience. I get very faint and squeamish at the sight of secreted bodily fluids. But I've got to overcome these feelings if I'm ever going to conquer this weight loss infinite loop I've been caught in since my divorce some 8 years.

To be honest, I'd really be motivated to do more in terms of committing to a fitness routine if I could see just a glimpse of progress when I look in the mirror or try on my clothes, my fat is just so stubborn! I'm hopeful that by having this procedure I'll have a slender profile and not look so broad from the rear. I've already increased my cardio and even included hand weights into the routine (Daily Burn workouts are fun and never stale). Now granted I've only been working out consistently since January 2014 but shouldn't I have lost a few inches and maybe a couple of pounds? I've actually gained weight!!! I know this is due to stress and not nutrition or inconsistency in workouts…I get it!!! That's why I'm opting for surgical intervention. My weight has gone from 208 in December 2013 to 218 in January and finally, I've been holding steady at 220 for the month of February :'(

I'm traveling to Las Vegas next week to have my procedure performed at MyShape Lipo. I'm super excited, very nervous, but feeling more excitement than anything. I have been warned that SmartLipo doesn't tighten the skin or have any other competitive advantage over the tumescent method and to not waste my money by purchasing this add on. My concern with my lower abs is that area already has stretch marks and I want to do all that I can to improve the appearance of this area…I also don't want to throw money down the drain either so if anyone has insight or can share their experience with SmartLipo and skin elasticity I would greatly appreciate it.

Wish me luck!!!! And I'll write more later in the week….

Whoa baby!!! I'm in some serious pain!!!

And the pain meds prescribed don't agree with my tummy. I can't deal with the nausea but I'm trying my best. The surgery began at 9am and wrapped up around 11:20. I think the xanex makes ot difficult to keep my eyes open.

Per Op Photos

Preop Pics

Trying to upload photos...

one day after procedure

Getting beyond the 1st week….

Well I managed to complete 2 full days in the office this week. I was scheduled to return to work mid week but I had to contend with a slight fever and severe weakness. These past 2 days have been very taxing on me physically. My belly has gotten rock hard and is very, very swollen. I'm still very numb to the touch but my chin has starting tingling and I can now sense when my lower back is itching (darn adits!!!).

This week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster too! I've been boo-whooing all this week and it's not because of the pain/discomfort. Having this sort of an elective procedure and recovery period kind of forces you to rethink your decision and second guess your reasoning for having the surgery in the first place. I've had to challenge myself to remember why I chose to do this to my body, this 'unnecessary procedure'. But it was a necessary procedure, here I am weighing 223lbs, 5'7" with a 43" waist, unable to cross my legs, polish my toes, try on shoes (especially strappy sandals) without having someone else fasten the buckle….and this is what I remind myself whenever I feel that emotion of despair creep in.

I am one day past the one week milestone…So I am going to post some pre and post op pics with this update. I've been taking pics all week long but due to fatigue, pain, and severe swelling, I just haven't been able to post them in a timely manner.

2nd Procedure on 3/17

Call me crazy for scheduling my second procedure less than 3 weeks from my first but I just wanted to get past it. I was scheduled to have my thighs done but went with arms, back and front bra rolls. I added my lower back to list of initial procedures on 2/27 after my consultation and I have not received smooth symmetrical results so I was glad I scheduled my 2nd procedure so close to my 1st. During the consult, Trevor said the diagonal line across my lower back is cause by something I'm wearing that's causing that indentation like my jeans or pant but the I don't believe that to be accurate. You can clearly see in my pre-op pic there is no diagonal line across my lower back and within 24 hours of having lipo the line is present and has not improved over the past 3 weeks. For me, and others that have seen it, believe it's related to the procedure (I totally agree) and will require a touch to improve. I expressed my concerns about a week into my recovery and Bree and Coryn suggested I go for a lipo massage or constantly massage the area myself which I have been doing with the a Homedics massage pillow which has really soften the area but not improved the appearance. I don't know what else to do because that was the only suggestion offered during my consult with the exception of not wearing whatever clothing that may be cause this indent in that area. I have been wearing spanx since 3 days post-op praying the area will smooth itself off but no such luck. I'm posting pics 3 days post op from my 2nd procedure. I do feel better about the results of my arms, back bra, and front bra rolls.

Just a Little Shopping

I couldn't fit anything in this boutique pre-op...their size large would be considered a size small in most other clothing stores.

3M Update on Full Abdomen, 2M Update on Arms & Front and Back Bra Roll

My apologies…I promised to get this post updated this past week but I was a little under the weather. I has been 3 months since my first procedure (chin, upper & lower abs, hips, love handles, and lower back). I am most pleased with the results of my chin! With my body type, I gain weight all over and fat in my chin made me look angry and tired in pics. After the procedure I look a lot younger and have a jaw line now:) I find myself taking more pictures with family and friends too!

My abdomen measures UA at 35", BB at 37" and LA at 37"….I have lost significant inches in my tummy region! Prior to the procedure, my BB measurement would fluctuate between 42-45". I have gone from wearing a size 14-16 in pant to a size 10-12 pant but I can still fit a 14 but they are loose on me. I switched out of my compression garment to spanx earlier in my recovery. Now that I am post 3 months, I'm wearing a waist cincher, just got it this weekend, and I love it! I opted for a workout latex cincher. I realize I'm still healing and wanted to find a garment that would yield optimal results and I'm glad I made the investment in this cincher. I have started a cardio workout routine which, most evening, consists of me going for an hour walk, my cincher had me pouring sweat and when I measured my waist this morning I was 35.5"…I only wear it for 8 hours a day. Now, please note I really did not have a change in weight at all, right now I weigh 220lbs at 5'7" but I have been motivated to exercise more and prepare my own meals because I choose to invest in myself. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by August, wish me luck;-)!

Now my 2nd procedure was a couple of months ago and I had arms, front and back bra roll done. This was by far the easier of the two procedures to recover from. My arms measured 19" and today I fluctuate between 13-14". I can now wear a size medium blazer (both several at The Limited) where I was an extra large. I can wear most of my size medium tops (pull over and button up) and I can't tell you the last time I wore a button up top! I am very grateful to be able to wear come of my old clothes…especially my tops! I don't remember my other measurements from the 2nd procedure.

Now in the pics, you will notice the diagonal line cross my lower back has not gone away since I had my lower back done. I'm going to give it another month or so and see if it improves with diet and exercise (may have to return for a touch up idk). I feel like my left side yielded better results than my right, I probably had more fat on my right than left or more was taken out of the left than right, either way, I'm hoping diet and exercise will improve the appearance.

But overall I'm pleased with the results. Thank you all so much for all of the care and concern! You guys are awesome!!!

You look great! I love your back results! I do see that line though... Don't know what's going on with that!! I have a spot at the bottom of my tummy too that is kinda bunched in with a small line, but my stomach still has a small area of hardness so I don't know if it will soften up and come out or not. I don't wear any garments, haven't for a while. Keep us updated! I hope to go for my arms and back bra roll here within the next few months, how long do you think you needed off from work for that?
No more than a couple of days. I kinda moved like a robot for the first week cause I wasn't able to fully extend my arms or reach over my head. I needed help the 1st week pulling tops over my head but after that first week, everything just kinda loosened up for me. I didn't have any stiffness or soreness in my back…I think he took more out of my arms than my back, it was a little over 2 full containers, so 4+ liters were taken out in total. I have been thinking about you a lot! We both kinda went on this journey together and with the same specialist:) Please keep me updated! Oh, let me know what you think of the waist cincher!
Can you post any recent pics? I am having it done in about three weeks. What size did you start at and what size are you now? Our bodies look very similar. Thanks
Yes, I will post a 3 month update with pics this weekend. Thanks!
U r almost 3 months out. How r u doing? R u happy with results? Did they put u in a compression garment immediately after lipo? Good luck.
I still have firmness in certain areas of my abdomen and hips but recovery has been good! I am still healing but so far I am please with the way my clothes fit (went from size 14 to size 10), the boost of confidence and added motivation to improve my results by working out. Yes I was given an abdomen compression garment but I switched to spanx a week or so after my procedure. I will post an update with pics by this weekend. Thanks!
I was wondering about you girl!!!
Same here! I just posted my 3M and 2M progress! I'm kind of concerned about the diagonal line across my lower back. I hope I don't need follow up. I think I am most pleased with my chin, arms, and back. If I had it to do all over again I would not have gotten more than 2-3 areas done at a time, think I would have yielded much better results. My belly is kind of firm in the center still. I started wearing a cincher (got it from 1800cinchers.com) and I really like it. How are you doing?
Wow! You're looking good! Do the spanx end where that line is at? Maybe it's just from your booty, like pressing up again your back when you sit. Mine does that. I don't know, but your latest results make me want to go back and get mine done now!! :)
Thank you thank you thank you for the kind words of encouragement! I decided to get out of the house and hang with my girls at the mall. I tried on a few outfits and looked really nice in just about everything I put on! My entourage was like WOW! I was like WHOA!!! I had no idea my tummy and waist had slimmed down so much!!! I only bought 2 items in a size large but probably should have gone with a medium...no matter cause I looked hot in this jumper that would have been very unflattering in my pre-op body. So my hope has been renewed! No, the spanx come up to just under my boobies. That line was present just after I had my procedure so I think it could have been the garment or just too much taken out right there. Trevor said something pushed the swelling up in that area and I'm still swollen and lumpy on both side so I'm hoping it will get better without the need for touch up. Can you believe we are almost 4 weeks post op?!
I told you you looked good!! Yep it's crazy! Is your tummy still hard? Mine is. I can't remember how long it takes for it to get soft again. I got lumps under my chin that kinda make my neck look gross. Do you? Yay for 4 weeks!! :)
My back is soft with firm lumps, my tummy is hard lumpy and still hurts. Are you still wearing your garment? I sleep in my spanx but I'm wondering if it'll slow down the healing process to continue doing so past 4 weeks. I was finally able to kinda sleep on my side last night! Yay!!! YES! My neck has lumps and it gets kinda difficult to turn my head or tilt it back but I've been massaging lotion after my shower and it helps! Do you have hard round knots along your jaw line too? Now that we are at 4 weeks I'm really looking forward to the 6 week results!
Ya I have some where the adits were, it gets hard to lift my head too. I've laid on my tummy a couple times while sleeping, I'm a big tummy sleeper! I wear the garment during work but I have it off a good part of the day. I usually wear it to sleep so it don't hurt when I turn, because it gets sensitive when I move and the fat I still have jiggles lol. So to keep stuff from moving I wear it. How much weight have you lost? I've been stuck at 6 lbs for a while...
I was between 220 and 223 before my first procedure and I fluctuate between 215 and 218 after my second procedure. So anywhere from 5 to 8lbs. I haven't dropped any sizes in my regular clothes...I wear 12-14 sizes. I do fit better in my clothes and don't have much slipping over the top of my pant as I did before. Have you dropped any sizes? I look so much better from behind but my sticks out quite a bit...like it rests in my lap when I'm not wearing compression garments. I did get a copy of my measurement form from February and my abdomen measurements were actually 42.5 UA, 45.5 Belly Button and 46 LA...my measurements today are 39, 41, 41 respectively! Just don't understand why it's not reflecting in the fit of my clothes...UGH!
I don't know if I've dropped sizes yet, I haven't gone to try on clothes yet. My 2x scrubs do fit more loosely though. I think my measurements were 43 53 and 54, and now it's 39.5, 50 and 52, I think, I haven't measured in a few days, once I get the time I'll go try on clothes, but I think I'm pry at an 18 and I really wanted to get back into a 16 but that will take some work on my part. I just don't want to only be able to buy clothes at fat people stores lol. I think it is reflecting in your clothes, you looked awesome in that jumper! And I agree your back looks much better! I can't wait to do mine!
Is anyone like 4 months into this and see results yet?
How is everyone feeling? I am one week post op tummy sides and under my arm. Still sore and do not see any results. Weigh the same
I am a little over 2 weeks post op and my results are very subtle. During the 1st week I wasn't able to tolerate wearing the compression garment so I switched to Maidenform compression tank tops and high waist briefs but during my 2nd week I would switch between the garment and Maidenform undergarments. During my 2 week, I noticed a loss in inches and my silhouette looked nice. Make sure you take pictures often, try taking them daily for the first 3 weeks. Have you posted pics yet and taken measurements?
Hey how's it going? You doing ok? I know my swelling and pain has gotten worse since the numbness is starting to wear off. You did more areas in more sensitive spots so I was wondering how you were. Being up helps. Even though all you want to do is sleep. I know you said you can't see the results, but I see them! It's easy to be discouraged because the swelling makes it seems like nothing has changed, but swelling peaks from 3-8 days, then it will start to go down. I've actually gained weight since the procedure, about 4 lbs, but it should be from all the swelling. Have faith, it'll get better.
Hey! I'm finally home. I'm much better than I was my first day post op. My pain has been pretty consistent. My lower back (last minute add on area) and hips hurt more than any other area. I think the antibiotic irritates my stomach and causes the nausea. I haven't taken any more of them since Thursday. I return to work on Wednesday but I doubt the swelling in my face will be gone by then:'(
Ya I tried to take off as much as possible, I don't go back till the 10th. The face swelling us horrible! I can't laugh, it hurts!! Try eating with the antibiotics, it'll help. You really don't want to end up with infection. Pain meds aggravate the stomach too, so make sure you eat with those. Glad to hear you are doing better!!
I was the same way! ( Couldn't keep my eyes open) Get some rest! I think the Xanax made me really nauseous too. I didn't notice feeling any different this time as opposed to last time as far as anxiety, so next time I'm not taking it! That nausea was the worst!! Rest, take your ibuprofen and Arnica if you got it, and update us when you feel ready. Congrats you did it!!!
Hey!!! How was your surgery? I did mines today too. Hope all is well and I wish you good luck and good healing!!
Yes! How are you doing?? I know recovery from hips and lovehandles is rough! I wouldn't have been able to do all those areas at once. I thought I was going to die just from the front area!! Let us know how you're doing!
I'm doing okay definitely popped a pain killer a few mins ago. I did a lot of areas too but thankfully I was under general anesthesia so I was able to do it all without being awake I didn't feel a thing until I woke up. Are you going back to get the rest of the areas? And yeah please keep me updated on your progress as well. Happy healing!!!