17 year old hawaiian, caucasian girl wanting rhinoplasty

Hello everyone! I'm a 16 year old girl from the...

Hello everyone! I'm a 16 year old girl from the beautiful state of Hawaii. I actually just moved here from Alaska ( I know HUGE climate change) Anywho I've been wanting to change my nose since I was 12. The constant bullying throughout middleschool really changed my outgoing personality. I became ashamed of my face and would hide behind my hair. I wouldn't talk as much and would come home crying. Whenever someone would say that I was pretty I would never believe it. Having friends who had cute, little noses and then there was me with a larger nose made me feel so out of place. When I was 15 I decided to do research on Rhinoplasty. Seeing the video diaries on YouTube scared me a lot because of how bruised their faces were. But then I read more about how it really wasn't painful at all. Seeing how happy they all were after they got the cast off made me happy for them! I don't want to feel so insecure around people anymore and cringe at candid pictures of my profile. I want to be happy and feel confident! Hopefully someday I will be able to get this procedure done. I definitely will be saving up. And when I do get it done you can bet I will be on here posting about my experience(:
I hope your dream of having a cute little nose come true soon.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! I know it sucks to be the one with the big nose (I was too), but if you really look around you'll see that you're not alone. I hope you're able to get this done one day (research your prospective surgeons like crazy). And please do keep us posted!

Thank you! And I will(:

What I Want To Change In My Nose

As you can see in the picture my nose is quite bulbous. I want to reduce the size of that. I also want to shave down the hump.I've doing A LOT of research on surgeons. I think I'm going to have to fly out of state to get this procedure done. There isn't anyone in my area who specializes in rhinoplasty. I'm fine with flying out of state because it is my face and I want a doctor who has had a lot of experience.
i think your after picture look great!!!!go for it!!!!
It looks great! Like a model's nose.

Feeling A Little Down

So I saw some pictures that my mom and dad had taken and it had my side profile in it. I got really mad and deleted them. Then I started to cry....I know it may sound silly, but my nose has been my biggest insecurity. Getting rhinoplasty is just a dream that I have. I don't know if i'll ever get it but I hope someday I will.
Your current nose looks really cute. It isn't big from the front, that's for sure.

It's been a year!

It's almost been a year since i've been on realself! Still thinking about getting rhinoplasty! I did whole lot of research and took a bunch of notes in a note book (: I did lots of research on surgeons and there really isn't any plastic surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty where I live/: So I'm thinking that when I've saved up enough money I'll need to fly some where else to have the surgery. I've heard LOTS of good reviews about Dr. Grigoryants and I'm thinking I might go with him(:

Morph!

So I've been playing around with plastic surgery stimulator app:p As you can see my nose is quite bulbous at the tip and I would like to reduce the size of that. I couldn't quite edit it to make my nose less wide because it would look all blurry and weird so I just left it at that haha.
But here's what I would like done to my nose:
• Narrowing of the bridge and tip
• The tip of my nose to be lifted
• Projection of the tip brought in
• Shave down the hump ((no ski slope nose though))
• Alar base reduction
I have done a lot of research and that is a MUST if you are considering having a rhinoplasty. Please please PLEASE do your research. Learn what the different terms are so that you understand! When you have a consultation it will definitely help you to communicate better to the doctor what you want to have done.
You look lovely! You should know that your nose is very cute and suits your face. Also, at 17, you may very well "grow into" your nose more. That being said, if I could turn back the clock and get my nose done at 17 instead of 26, I totally would. I'm also in Hawaii and went to two different consultations here. I went to Dr. Shim Ching and Dr. Larry Schlesinger. Dr. Ching is rather cold but very professional and very expensive. Dr. Schlesinger is a lot more relaxed and kind of arrogant, and also does not do very good rhinoplasties. Neither do many rhinos. I'm going to Dr. Grigoryants for mine on September 25. Feel free to ask any questions :)
Aw well thank you(: Both of my parents have quite large noses and I inherited a small hump on the bridge of my nose from my mother's side of the family. The hump really bothers me and so does the droopy tip/: I also did some research on Dr. Shim Ching and Dr. Schlesinger and saw that they don't really specialize in Rhinoplasty. That is why I am definitley going to be flying out of state to get the procedure done(: And that's awesome! I'm very excited for you! I've seen some awesome reviews on Dr. Grigoryants and love his before and afters. I'm quite positive he's the one I want to go to(: Best of luck to you!
Not sure