Big Coloured Tattoo on leg with Picosure - Germany

Today i had my first picosure-session on my shin,...

Today i had my first picosure-session on my shin, calf and femoral. i have a multicolored tattoo with lots of colors like yellow, red, pink, blue, green, maroon, purple and black. the session went over 1,5 hours. the pain was bearable. not as painful as getting the tattoo done. i did not use any numbing, only cool air. it is now 6 hours after it and it is not that comfortable. it is itching as hell. also there are some pretty blisters, but i was aware of that :P it seems that there is already a huge breakup in some outlines. the blue seems to be gone more or less completely. so is the green and the purple. but we will see how it looks, when it is healed. here are some before-pics. they are pixelated and just details to show the colors.

How exciting to hear that you already see clearing, the blue, greens, and purple respond so well!! Can't wait to see updated pictures. Thank you for posting pictures, but they are pixielated and hard to make out, would you be willing to repost?
As you can read, the pictures are pixelated on purpose ;) Just for the colors.

4 days post tx1 with picosure.

breakup in the outlines. blue nearly completely gone. blisters are starting to go down.

Additional laser

the red, yellow, orange and pink got treated with a revlite laser. at those spots are the most terrifying blisters.

Oh Gosh, so sorry ....how did I miss that! Thanks :)

1 Week post

It is now one week post my first treatment and i see so much fading. of course there is still a long way to go but i can already see, that i am heading in the right direction!! even the red, pink and yellow which got treated with the revlite have faded a decent amount. i will post pictures as soon as all scabs are fallen off.

That's excellent news!!!

2 Weeks post TX1

Still scabs everywhere. My ink has faded a lot. Of course you can see the whole tattoo but all colors aren't as dense as they were before. Specially the parts that got treated with the revlite are still raised and scabbed. It will take a little longer, but i will post pics!

It would be better if you added non-pixelated ones if you have them.

Next Treatment

Havin my 2nd TX in the first week of april. all healed pretty well except of some red areas, that are still raised. i hope that these will go down in the next 2 weeks. i will post professional b/a-pics then.

Post pics!
i am not satisfied with the pics i take by myself as they do not show the fading i see. so i will wait until my next treatment to get the pics the doc took before any tx and the ones he will take before my 2nd tx.

Postponed 2nd TX

Had to postpone my next treatment because the red areas treated by the revlite aren't healed up completely. After the scabs fell off, there formed some little red pimples. It is now 6 weeks after my 1st TX. My new date for TX2 is next friday. Sorry, that you all have to wait for the pictures. in the meantime i have ordered tattoo-coverup-sleeves from the states. they will help me going out in the summertime wearing shorts. i hope, that my ink has faded enough for a cover-up by the end of this year. after the 2nd TX i will take a break until september i guess. not sure yet.

2 TX coming up

So, my next treatment is coming up next saturday (had to postpone it again...). Here are some pictures taken by me. They are not showing the fading as it really is, but you get an idea.

Pictures - Calf/Ankle

Thanks for the update, I think you will achieve your goal to have a cover up by the end of the year - things look great! Keep us posted :)
impressive fading!

One day post TX2

here is a picture of my femoral. Blisters and scabs are already forming. the laser got cranked up a bit.

Picture

Hi, I see you're in Germany and I am having some trouble finding a facility with the PicoSure laser in Berlin-- can you offer any recommendations on searching for PicoSure in Germany? Thanks!
There is one in Frankfurt, one in Hamburg, one in Bochum and since this year one in N├╝rnberg!

1 week after session 2

After this session i think i can see even more fading. especially on my femoral. the outlines there are breaking up very nicely. the shin and calf will take more sessions i guess. the maroon is not fading a bit. i think i have to deal with that fact... well. my goal is still the end of this year, so i am pretty sure, this will work. maybe i will switch to the nd yag after my 3rd session. just need to face the black for coverup.

Your fading looks like it's coming in quickly, good for you! Thank you for sharing your experience.

The fading continues

The fading continues Pt. 2

The results are amazing! We have similar colors in our tattoos so I am hoping I see the same kind of results. Thanks for sharing.
Fading indeed!!! Happy for you :)

Halftime

So, it is halftime between tx2 and 3. There is some massive breakup in the outlines on my femoral. hoping to see this effect continue on my lower leg with the next tx, which is in three weeks.

Nice, glad you continue to see fading, are you planning on sharing a photo of your success?
of course!

TX3 coming up

So i got a call yesterday and we rescheduled my 3rd tx to tomorrow. here is a picture of my shin before and after 2 tx. Here is a picture of my shin.

Picture

Amazing progress on that shark! Can't wait to see how much more it fades. Do you know which spot size is being used?
I can ask tomorrow :)

TX3

So i had my 3rd tx today. it hurt really bad. i was not able to do the revlite-treatment for red and yellow. but we went over the whole leg with the picosure. lets see, how it works. the doc went 2 times over the big outlines of the shark. very excited about that... my leg is swollen, but not as bad as the other two times. i used arnica pills before and after the treatment to prevent the swelling. i am still using it now. 3 times a day.

The spotsize was between 2.7 and 2.9.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I've heard loads of different opinions with spot sizes. I always thought the lower the spot size the more concentrated the energy was, therefore penetrating deeper. I had my last treatment with a 6mm tip and I'm just not sure. I'm having my first Picosure session in six weeks, and I'll be asking lots of questions about spot size first. Sounds like I need to use a 2mm-3mm! Thanks again.

News!

Forgot something: The tech mentioned yesterday, that there will be another pico-second laser on the market this summer. but not from cynosure. And it will be able to treat yellow and red.

Congrats on your progress! I know that there is lots to say about the efficacy of pico on red, but mine had faded considerably after 2 treatments and yours looks like its disappearing too.
the red and yellow get treated with the revlite
Heard about it too. Cutera Enlighten is the Name and comes out in the Second half of 2014. just google it for more (but few) informations.

3 Days post TX3

Here is a picture of my femoral.

TX3 healed

Before and after TX3

It's fading beautifully. Also reassuring to see the black fading so well as my own tattoo is black! You'll be done in no time. :-)
The blue is really responding nice... happy for you!

TX4

Had my fourth TX yesterday. The doc used a spot size between 2.4 and 2.6. My leg is blistered pretty bad this time but i hope it is worth it. arnica helps avoiding the swelling and the pain afterwards! Will post pictures before the 4th tx asap.

Im going in for my first treatment on a calf tattoo tomorrow, how is the pain afterwards? can you sleep on the tattoo, and can you work? I work in long pants, so the tatto cant breathe, but that also shields it a little from bacteria and so on.
the pain is bearable. i would say two days after the treatment working might be very painful... sleeping on the treated will not work i think.
Okay thanks :) im up for treatment #1 in an hour, and im getting pretty nervous now

Nice results!!
All the best! :)

Picture - After TX3 - TX4 still healing

The blue and black are fading nicely!
Ms. Schieber