Tummy Tuck in a Month.. What Do I Need to Know? -Hattiesburg, MS

I have lost over 100 lbs and kept it off for 3...

I have lost over 100 lbs and kept it off for 3 years. Scheduled to do a tummy tuck aug 20. Freaking out!!! What do I need to be prepared for? Please help ease my mind!!! I've struggled choosing my doctor because I have no one I know that used him for a tummy tuck but a lot that have used him to breasts. Any information I could use is greatly appreciated!!!

Two weeks to go!!

I have two weeks and I'm really starting to get excited. I have almost all of my supplies I will need for the surgery, so all I have to do is really give the house a good cleaning! I was nervous, but now I am just ready to get it over with and move on with my life! I have worked so hard for this and can not wait!! I teach a fitness class and even though I am afraid I won't be able to go back to it very soon, my students seem very happy for me!

Pre-op today!

Freaking out just a little bit!! I am nervous that I don't have everything ready (I do) and I am also nervous because I didn't get an appointment reminder phone call! Lol. If there is nothing to worry about I find something!!

24 hour liquid diet

Well, It's Monday morning, my surgery is Tuesday morning. My Plastic Surgeon put me on 24 hour liquid diet, beginning at midnight Sunday night. Sucks because I am working overnight tonight and won't get off until 6 am. I am going to have to do an enema Tuesday morning. The nurse mentioned I may want to do a magnesium citrate at noon today (Monday) I have never done either of these, so it's funny that I am freaking out over the mag citrate and enema worse than the surgery itself ha.

Absolutely love my doctor

So my surgery was Tuesday. Up until Thursday when I saw what was under the bandages I hated myself for doing this! I have never felt so Much pain! But after I saw my belly even with the amount of swelling it had I am convinced my dr is an artist!! I can't believe he made it look so good!! I can't wait to se how further healing looks!!

10 days post op

Finally started feeling human on day 8. Thank God I feel better!! Able to stand straight, get up easily, bathe myself! I went to the dr this am got the stitches out from around my belly button, and one drain removed. Dr. Pecunia was very pleased with my healing and progress. Keeping one of the drains in longer as I'm still emptying over 80 cc a day. He sent me a rx of a cream to fade the scar that a local compounded makes. Excited to try that! So very pleased with this doctor! From everything from his work to his personality! So lucky I found him!!

20 days post op.. back to work

Today is my first day back to work. I have a sit down desk job so it is pretty laid back. I finally had my last drain pulled out Friday. I had an odor coming from the fluid I emptied from my drain that started Thursday night. They did not want to remove the drain until Monday because it was still draining around 55 cc's. My dr said that seroma would be easier to treat, than an infection. So, they wanted to catch it before it became an infection if it were to. They put me on a round of antibiotics just in case. I was finally able to sleep in the bed!!! I could not do it before being a side sleeper and having the drains in my hip.. For the first time I slept all through the night Saturday night.. You don't realize how much you miss your bed!!! Will update pictures soon!

One year post op

My scar is almost completely gone. I love my doctor. And my tummy tuck was best decision ever!!
Hattiesburg Plastic Surgeon

Meeting Dr. Pecunia had changed my life! After losing over 100 lbs through diet & exercise I still had terrible self esteem due to my large stomach! From the consultation to the post op visits he was absolutely amazing!! The night of my surgery he called and checked to make sure we made it home ok and have us his cell phone number if I needed him. What a great doctor!! I had no expectations of my outcome. I actually didn't think he could make my stomach as good as he did! But if I expected something I would have been let down! Not a chance he could let me down! He is an artist!!