HATED the Results...overloaded with Tiny WHITE BUMPS!!!

I had restylane injected in my lips six weeks ago....

I had restylane injected in my lips six weeks ago. The procedure was fairly painful, but after leaving the doctors office I was happy with my new and improved full pout! It wasn't unitl a couple of days later when I started noticing the downfalls...around day three my lips had pretty much reduced back to their original size! Then around day four I had little tiny bumps formed all over my top lip. Before leaving the doctors office I was told to wait a week to report any abnormalities, but not to worry. It has been six weeks now and I am COMPLETELY WORRIED!!! The tiny bumps on my lips are now spread evenly from one side of my lip to the other! They haven't changed in size, they do not itch or burn, and they are like dots under the skin that aren't raised. VERY NOTICABLE THOUGH! I have met with my doctor and his team of nurses and they didn't have any answers for me. At this point the problem seems permanent and I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!! If anyone has any clue as to what these bumps could be? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Thanks and good luck with your future experiences.

I get a few random white bumps after every Restylane injection. My theory is that this is some of the restylane working it's way out of the skin. Sometimes the bumps will not appear until a few weeks after the injections. I have found that they are somewhat like an acne blemish, in that if you carefully squeeze it, the white part comes out, then it heals up nicely. I know y'all are thinking, you just had some zits. Believe me, I know my face and I know zits and these are not zits. They're Restylane bits!
I received radiesse in one side of my upper lip. I am now seeing white tiny bumps which started on the first day. Does anyone know if they will go away? I do not know much about radiesse and the nurse who injected me accidently used the wrong product. Do you know if I will have permanent damage or will this fade in time? Please help!
It could be Fordyce's spots. Check wikipeadia.com or do a basic search for them and see if thats what it looks like. I hope not cause that is not treatable.
let me retract from last statement the white bumps are a condition called FORDYCE'S condition, if you stretch your lip you can see the white bumps clearly.
the bumps are from clogged glands and upper resp infection see derm.
You can also massage and move it a lot to help it absorb faster or smooth out
Hi Pammie, Hyaluronidase is frequently used to remove HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm. Good luck, --Sharon
Restylane was injected into my thinnish lips 2 weeks ago and I really wish I hadn't bothered. My top lip's fine but there's a whitish, hardish raised 'band'round the edge of my bottom lip right into the corners of my mouth. Hard to describe. It looks awful. Does anyone know how, or if the restylane can be removed without making me look even worse? Would be most grateful for any advice.
There is probably a correlation between those white bumps and Restylane, but it didn't come after treatment, it came before, possibly due to all the lip plumpers you probably used to get the look you wanted. Bet you all did use that stuff, right? You didn't look that carefully in closeup at your lips, probably until after the Restylane treatment, and probably you do not look in a magnifying mirror as often as you did after that treatment, right? Just my theory. Trish McEvoy makes a great lip plumper stick that is very waxy and I got milia all around my mouth after using it (she recommends it be spread outside the lipline). Maybe God wants us to have skinny mouths...
I am 57 yrs of age and have recently considered restylane injections around my mouth and nose..I am concerned with aftereffects...how many ccs is normally injected...my wrinkles are probably more consistent of a 40 yr old rather than my age...blessed with young looks...but now I am really wanting this procedure done...no frown lines just around mouth and nose..
I am 53 and 'young-looking' as well, but also concerned about face changes....I had a restylane injection a week ago and am very pleased with the modest (but important) changes to my chin and mouth area...one syringe was used. I was a bit bruised but everything looks good now.
I am reading this board because I am intrested in Restylane injections in my wrinkles...I just wanted to comment that I have tiny white bumps in my lips if I stretch my skin and look up close, I have always had that. It just got me thinking since I have yet to get these shots that its not "causing the tiny white bumps" Just that they exsist in your lips to begin with. Just my thoughts. I Thanks. Dawn
I don't think the problem is specifically restylane, I had fat injected in to my lips over 10 years ago and I could still see tiny white dots from then. I had restylane injected into them a few weeks ago and I didn't have that problem (at least not yet). Out of the 2 proceedures, fat or restylane, I am happier with the results from the restylane.
Debra - Restylane and other fillers can be used to increase the volume under the eyes. In addition, fat transfer from the abdomen of thighs can be used as a more permanent solution. In my practice, I suggest patients undergo treatment with facial fillers first to ensure that they like the results and if they do, we can perform fat transfer when the filler wears off.
is restlyane good to increase the volume i lost beneath my eyes? My under eyes have become hollow and I am trying to find the best way to resolve this by building up the volvume. something that has been roven safe. Anyone have any ideas. thanks
I had resty put around my eyes to stop the darkness and was very satisified the first time I tried it. The darkness went away. About 6 months later I had more put on my eyes, this time I was "overloaded" and it resulted in bags under my eyes which were never there before. This overload was done in 2006 and just now the left eye bag has disappeared and the right eye bag is still clearing. I am 33 years old and these injections when overloaded can make you appear much older if done incorrectly in the eyes by creating these bags so be ware and dont let them "over stuff you". I am just now feeling like myself again but still very upset about the tiny bit of a bag I have left. I hope it will one day go away. It did take almost 2 years to completely disappear. Very upsetting.
The only way you would get lumps and bumps in your lips is from an inexperienced injector or someone who does not take their time. Restylane is very moldable so the injector should make sure the product is smooth before you leave the office. These poor outcomes are all driven by bad injection technique. Restylane is not white in color (it is clear) so you would never see white bumps (with Radiesse however you could easily see white bumps). If you see any bumps with Restlane in the lips they would be blue in color which means that the clear Restylane hyaluronic acid was inject too superficially and the light is reflecting off of the veins, making them appear blue in color. If you get any lumps or bumps you can firmly press on them and they will flatten right out- but you should definetly make sure the injector does this before you leave.
Hello, after reading some of the comments about little white bumps on lips after restylane injections, I felt glad to know I wasn't the only person with this problem. I haven't had any restylane injections IN OVER 2 YEARS and yet I still have those tiny white bumps on my lips. I absolutely think it’s from the restylane, it would be too much of a coincidence to get milia right after having restylane injections. Problem is I thought it only lasts 6 months, well I'm going on two years and still have these annoying white bumps AND my lips are uneven STILL!!! A word of advice... think long and hard before going to a medi spa in the mall to have cosmetic procedures preformed. I’m an idiot for doing that, since my lips looked better before. Ughh, be careful who you let inject you… I think my dr. was drunk!
Hi, I would like to comment on the tiny white bumps that are posted, I have also experienced "pinpoint tiny white bumps" to my lips after having 1cc of Restylne put in them. I do not think it is "milia" from clogged oil glands. When I stretch my lips out (tighten them) I can see hundreds of tiny white bumps just under the surface of the skin on my lips. Especially on the underneath sides of top lip so there would not be any pores to clog in that area. I have no idea why this is, if it is a technique problem or what but I have had my lips done twice and noticed it both times, it is only visible when my lips are stretched tight, when the Restylane goes away so do the bumps.
Hello. I had only lump on the surface of my lip appear after Rystylane. Never had anything like this before so thought it highly likely due to Rystylane.
Ok ladies if you read my comment I would like to inform you that I believe I finally figured out what these TINY WHITE BUMPS ARE...MILIA!!! Although I am still dissatisfied with the results of the restylane injections in my lips, because they are basically the same size as when I originally went in. I am happy to know that the white bumps weren't caused by the restylane! Milia is caused by skin care/ lip care products that are too thick, the thickeness causes a barrier for your skin, and the barrier doesn't allow your skin to to exfoliate naturally, causing your oil glands to get clogged up, which results in little pin point white bumps on or underneath the skin. Milia can also be caused by sun exposure and the thickening of your skin, in the same sense, the thickness of your skin causes the normal exfoliation process to be more difficult, and thus creates white bumps....MILIA! Manual exfoliation with beads and such can help this condition, as well as a product with Alpha-hydroxy acid. If this doesn't rid you of Mila, then your best bet would be laser removal. I hope this helps anyone who has had a similiar problem. THANKS!
I was injected with radiesse by mistake and I am getting tiny white bumps on my lips. Do you know if they will eventually go away on there own? I am so worried. Thanks!