Rhinoplasty This Week! So Scared! Questions! - Hartford, CT

Hi! I have a rhinoplasty scheduled for Friday 8/2....

Hi! I have a rhinoplasty scheduled for Friday 8/2.. im totally freaking out! so scared! I watched some on youtube...big mstake! lol
Im really interested to know:
1. How painful was it on a 1-10 scale?
2. Did you vomit up blood?
3. Did you have packing? How was it?
4. How long until you felt like doing your normal household/life things again?

Any tips are very welcomed!!! :)

Today is the day!!!

Absolutely freaking out! I have to be there at 12:30 and I'm more scared of nausea/v than pain. Although bloody noses really freak me out. I'm already hungry, not one to wait to eat.. Lol I posted a pic of me now and a simulated new nose pic. Wish me luck!

Today is the day!

Ouchh

Surgery was just over 24 hrs ago and this damn packing is gonna be the death of me why do so many people get to go without it?! My doc said I can take it out myself or wait til Tuesday, thing is I don't remember WHEN he said I can remove it. Have a call in to him now... My cheekbones, sinuses, eyes and ears are in torturous pain.. And the pain meds only seem to help for an hr or so...
Again, I really can't stand this packing another second!

Day 2

I've slept the last two days so much, I keep forgetting what really happened,, I guess pain meds and Valium will do that to u! But honestly I'd rather be knocked out through this pain than awake dealing with it... I had read so many reviews saying they had little pain, and each day got better and better, but I'm having an awful time,, if I keep my eyes open for more than a min, the pain intensifies so badly. It feels like all sinus pain and pressure.. Cheekbones, forehead, eyes and ears are all excruciating. And I'm in terrible pain before my next pain med dose is due, so I have to keep waiting in pain till I can take it again...
My ps said I can pull the packing out myself tomorrow, or wait till my Tuesday appt with him,,, at this rate I'm going to have to take them out myself tmro. I don't even know why I needed packing, sooo many people go without it. He told me when the nose is broken, it needs to be packed, but I don't think all surgeons feel the same about that...
Can't even read or watch a movie because it hurts so bad to keep my eyes open... This sucks.. I wish I had an easy time like a lot of the reviews said they had... I'm sorry I'm rambling lol. Will update again tmro!

I did it!

I removed the dreaded, horrendous, excruciating packing! I'd had it.. The doc said I can do it myself Monday if I wasn't too scared to do it, we'll what's 12hrs difference right?
One side came out fairly easily, I got lightheaded and had to sit down by the window.
The other side had been the most bothersome, it had felt like a very very bad sinus infection on that side, and it was almost impossible (or so I thought) to pull it out. It felt stuck, so I had my amazing mother pull it for me!
I admit, I screamed when that one came out, and that side of my sinuses burned terribly all the way to my ear..
Now I've never done drugs, ESP through my nose, but i can imagine snorting chili powder would feel the same as pulling that packing out... Small amount of bleeding, and then it subsided.
I feel better now, and I'm going to try to get a full nights sleep. I put my drip pad back on because even before I pulled the packing, there was some discharge...
I also have a temp of 99.7, not bad but higher than my usual 97's. I'll update again soon!

Ehhh help!!

I'm 4 days po and my daughter just whacked her head into my nose.. I still have the cast/splint on and the pain subsided quickly but I heard a crack. I'm so scared I ruined it. :( idk if I should call the on call surgeon? If I push the nose gently to one side or the other it does hurt. Ahhhh any input?

Day 4

Pain is much better, I had the stitched removed, which hurt but was quick so it was ok... My toddler wacked me in the side of the nose and I heard a small crack. It didnt hurt for long, and no bleeding, however the mucus (tmi sorry) seems more blood tinged... Worried.

Day 5

Doc says my splint will likely fall off before our appt next week. I'm nervous to see it! I can't tell a huge difference with the cast on I hope I'm not disappointed !!

I took the splint off today

I got the splint off today, and I don't know what I think.... I will have to see when the swelling subsides

Kinda freaking out

I know swelling is huge right now at only day 6, but I still feel a hard bump. Very small but still a bump... We're meticulous people, if we want our nose hacked down were specific people.. I said I want a slight slope, and I see a slight bump... Regardless of swelling I do NOT see how a hard bump is going to cave in to be a slope. What. The. Fuck. Can anyone give insight?!
Hartford Plastic Surgeon