Problems One Year After Septoplasty and Turbinectomy

It's been one year and 5 months (1/09) since...

It's been one year and 5 months (1/09) since my septoplasty and turbinate reductions. Initially I thought everything was going well; I followed my ENT's advice to begin immunotherapy w/ my Allergist for my allergies again (which I've been faithful), and to use saline spray, etc.

Prior to this surgery, in 2003 and 2008 I had two surgeries to enlarge my sinus passages because I couldn't breath from my nose and could only blow discharge from the left side - after both of those surgeries proved not be helpful...I found a new ENT that discovered I had a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates; which brings me back to one year and five months ago. After all this time, shouldn't I be able to blow discharge from BOTH nostrils at this point? If so, I still only can blow out discharge from the left side - - nothing ever from the right. I believed that the septoplasty was to take care of that? I also was hoping that the surgery would have helped with the puffiness, sore throats, etc?

I'm at the end of my wits with my sinus issues - I don't know what to do other than everything I'm already doing - yet, I'm back to square one. Is this common? What are my options? Many thanks!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Knowledgable.