Fraxel Treatment Series Harrisburg, PA

I am having this procedure completed to minimize...

I am having this procedure completed to minimize the appearance of my acne scars. The first procedure went well- not overly painful. I spent an hour sitting with the numbing cream on and then about 45 minutes under the laser. I noticed slight swelling and redness right after so I immediately starting icing my face. Today is day 1 and the redness is more noticeable as well as the swelling ( especially under my eyes) but I expected this. I will continue icing, gently cleaning and moisturizing for the next week.

Day 2

Today is day 2 after getting my first treatment and the swelling has gone down. My face is much more red today and has now developed a rough/course texture which was expected.

Day 3

Today there is no swelling and the redness is subsiding. My skin is still very course and is flaking off. I am heavily moisturizing but the skin is so dried out that it hardly absorbs the lotion. All is going as planned :)

Day 6

My skin is pretty much completely healed today, no redness, no swelling , little coarseness , and very little flaking. I was very pleased w the healing time! I am having a little breakout but I did expect that. Signing off until next Friday when I get my 2nd treatment (more pics to come)!

Second Treatment

I had my second treatment today. We up'd the setting to 50 with 8 passes, so it was a bit more uncomfortable then the last. Very pleased so far :)

Day 1 after 2nd treatment

I've been icing since I got the procedure done yesterday and I feel like the swelling is better this time around . The right side of my face is more swollen bc I slept on that side ( didn't sleep w my head elevated as recommended). A bit of redness today but all in all, everything's looking great!

Day 2 After 2nd Treatment

Day 2 is going great! Swelling has gone down, redness is more noticeable and although I'm heavily moisturizing, my skin has already started flaking.

3rd treatment

I had my third treatment and my my, it was much more painful than the first two. This was what I expected though considering we bumped up the level to 55 still w 8 passes. It def had a swollen and redness even by the time I left the office.

Day 1 after 3rd treatment

Getting very used to this, swelling and redness are def apparent today. Spending the day icing, cleansing and moisturizing :)

Day 2 after 3rd treatment

The swelling is down today but the redness remains. Flaking has begun and this time my face is bleeding a little in places. Still worth it?- of course!

4th treatment

Ok, I finally made it- completed my fourth treatment tonight. We did a 65 on my cheeks and 60 on the rest of my face. A tid bit more painful than the last. Initial swelling doesn't seem as bad this time. Once again, happy with the results! Updates on the recovery to follow over the next couple of days.

Day 1 after 4th treatment

Today I have swelling and redness. Everything is looking good and my skin feels ultra smooth.

Day 2 after 4th treatment

The swelling is going down today and the redness is more noticeable. My skin is becoming rough and flakey- as usual after 2 days following the treatment.
Innovations

I am going for my fifth, I noticed a better texture and the acne scars are less visible. Fine wrinkles disapear and that's cool for 30+ I want to do another treatment for next winter. Not sure if I should continue with Fraxel or go for TCA or Dermabrasion. I have rolling scars (you will only see them on bad light).
hi millie, i recently did a fractional c02 laser and just finished a fraxel 1550 treatment yesterday. i have similar scaring to you but only on my left cheek. i have not seen any results from the c02 and was quite disappointed. hoping for better results with the fraxel. what percentage would you say your scars have improved?
I am still waiting for the final results (you have to be patient)... it will take 3-6 months to see the final results from my treatments. So far I do notice reduced scarring though and much clearer skin!
Thanks for posting this! I have deeper scars on my temples and forehead and some on my cheeks. I've been trying to research all the best laser options. Are there any other treatments you have tried that didn't work? Do you feel confident about this treatment? I really want to get it right the first time as I have never tried anything more than a chemical peel to heal scars. I am super nervous, but very excited to find something that will work. I look forward to your feedback and happy healing! :)
So far I have noticed pretty good results. Less (if any) breakouts, reduced scarring and smoother texture to my skin. I was instructed to wait about 3-6 months after the final treatment to see the final results and at this point I'm only a month or so out from my final treatment.
i have some superficial acne scars on my cheeks
im in my middle 20 is it ok laser at this age? Thank you
Of course- I'm 27
wow im soo happy for you, I did Co2 laser 1 year ago butstill have redness and laser scaring on face... dont know what to do know....painful, God help us ! Much love!
You are my poster child. Thank you for posting your results as we treat you. You are amazing client. Innovations
can you please give an update for your last tx? Thank you:)
The last treatment went really well- took about a solid week though until the peeling stopped though. Next (and last) treatment is this Thursday- more updates to come!
Wow your skin looks amazing. I see major improvement! I had one treatment down and I didn't see any results. It's hard to keep to keep up with up when it looks like nothing changed. Maybe ill get one more and hopefully see improvement.
I have been told that one treatment is def not enough, regardless of the level of scarring. Plus, the skin will take 3-6 months after treatment to actually see the final results. Keep your head up!

You are handling this like a champ! Thanks for the update :) Happy healing!

Hang in there! Thanks again for keeping us updated :)

Your skin looks amazing. I am due to get this treatment done on my chin and under eye in a few weeks time. Great review and very helpful, so I know what to expect.
I have decided to wait on getting fraxel treatment and I trying less invasive treatment. I am trying out a series of chemical peels. I don't have any scars in fact my skin really good for being 45, hoping it will help with the lines under eyes and chin. If not will do fraxel next year. Keep u posted on my peel treatments, my first went okay , 2nd and 3rd will be more deeper
Well fraxel is less invasie than acid peelings unless your percentage is lower than 30%. let me know how it goes has i wanted something more radical like tca peeling or dermabrasion.
Fraxel is a laser and more powerful than peels, that's why my dermatologist suggested peels first. I think there is three levels of peels, light , medium and deep. I have seen some results from my first treatment which was medium, going for deep next time. It did not hurt at all, fraxel hurts! I get regular microdermabraions , which cleans my skin but I don't see much difference from it. I only had two days down time with peel, you can have up to two weeks with fraxel.
6 days tops recovery for me from fraxel but I always was able to go back to work by day 3. I was told though that my doctors office noticed a much longer recovery for those that were older than myself
do you know the percentage of your peels? is is TCA or phenol? I did once an exopeel and did not notice any difference.
No I don't know what percentage but will ask next time I'm there . I am getting 3. I have noticed a huge difference after one. I didn't peel as much as I thought. She is going to make it stronger next time so I peel more. I have oily skin which is good I guess and that's why I didn't peel that much. Anyway see how it goes.

OH my gosh, your results are incredible!!